Hyemi's Death Anniversary

Coffee♥ℒℴѵℯ

(Hyemi’s Anniversary)

Yoorim woke up as her alarm burst into annoying tune. She rubbed her eyes as she sat up. Sun hit her eyes. Then her phone rang, it was from another country. She looked at it confused and picked it up speaking in English, “Hello?” Unexpectedly the person on other line spoke in Korean, “Is this Park Yoorim?”

“…neh…? Who is this?” Yoorim said.

“It’s me! Youngmin!” He bleamed. Memory hit her making her jaw drop.

“Youngmin, you idiot!” She shout. “You left without a word!”

“Haha, sorry.” He chuckled. “I know I just went without a word but I had to call today. You know what day it is.” His tone went down.

“You know…?” “Gwereum…I’m her friend aren’t i?”

“Yeah… where are you right now?” She asked with curiosit.

“I’m in Japan right now. I’m following my dream.”

“Still wanna be manga artist? Do well. You even look like an anime character…”

“Haha…um, Yoorim.” “Yeah?” “I can’t come to day so I ordered bunch of red roses to your house. Is that okay?I want you to give it to Hyemi.”

“Oh, really? How did you find my address…?”

“I came over your house one time didn’t I? With Jia and Hyemi. I still remember it. Ah, hows Jia?”

Yoorim was silence, hesitating whether to tell or not. “She…she’s with the Queenka’s now…”

“Pardon? With who?”

“We cut off our connection. And I don’t think she’ll be coming today…”

“Ah…sorry…” “But surprise surprise, Youngmin-ah.” “Hm? Wae?”

“My dad remarried and guess who my sister is?” “Who?” “Choi. Mina.”

“Who’s th-  NO!” He shout. “The Queenka of the school? Are you okay? Did she do anything?”

“Her personality flipped though. She turned into a nice person and even left the group. She want to be my friend somehow…but she’s nice.”

“That is very….unexpected…Ah, Yoorim. Miahn, my boss is calling me. I need to go. Don’t forget the flower.” He said as he hung up.

“This kid.” She smiled as she tossed her phone to the side.

****

Chanyeol went in his room and lay on his bed. After a while he stood up and got dressed in black.

“Yeol, where you going?” Baekhyun asked as he saw him all back.

“I have an appointment. Ill be back.” He said and went out.

“Jongdae, what’s wrong with him?” Baekhyun ask cChen who was coming out of D.O’s room.

“Wahh. You are really bad…” Chen knew about Chanyeol and Hyemi’s relationship but he promised Chanyeol that he wouldn’t tell.

 Chanyeol went to a flower shop and brought bouquet of roses.

Chanyeol stood in front of the gate hesitating whether to go in or not. His head was telling him not to go but his heart was telling him to. After a while he made up his mind and went in nervously. He walked around searching for a name. He saw a figure kneeling down in front of the grave. As Chanyeol walked closer, the figure got clearer. It was D.O. D.O had tears on his cheeks. “Hyung?” Chanyoel said startling him.

****

Chen stood outside Yoorims apartment building waiting for her to come out. He was holding bouquet of roses in different colours. After a while, she came out wearing a black lace dress holding a big box. She was also wearing heels. When he saw her struggling to walk down, he went to her. He took the box from her. "Chen-shii..." She said walking down.

"You going to her grave?" He ask.

"Yeah. Then to her house..." She replied.

"It'll be difficult for you to carry this..."

"It's okay." She tried to take the box but he stepped back.

"I'll take you there. Get in my car." He said going towards his car. He bleeped it open for her to enter. She sat in.

"Thank you..." She said when he got in.

"It's okay..." He started the car and drove to the grave yard. Both didn't say anything for a while. Chen decided to say something.

"I...I thought I was protecting...but no..."

"Hm? What do you mean? You were doing your best..."

"Then why is she like this? I wasn't doing enough..."

"Are you blaming your self?" She ask.

"I am. If I had notice her inner feelings. She would still be alive..."

"Chen-shi, dont blame your self...she was stressed out. She didn't like D.O ignoring her but talking to her when she was injured and going away when she said she was fine...She was never fine. She hated being bullied but she hated more to watch people getting bullied..."  Yoorim explained.

"D.O wasn't the right guy for her..."

"She liked him. She trusted him as well... I knew she liked one of the EXO members as well, but didn't know who... When she first told us she was dating him, we didn't accept it... But seeing how much they liked each other, we had no choice..."

"'We'? You and Jia...?" He asked. She nodded. "She's not coming today, right?" She nod again. After a while, they got to the grave yard. Chen helped her take out the box.

"Why do you have this huge box?" He ask.

"It's from Youngmin. He couldn't come so he wanted me to give it to her..." She took to box from him. "Thank you for the ride, Chen-shi."

"Ah, Yoorim. Here. Give this to Hyemi." He took out the roses from the trunk and placed it in top of the box she was holding.

"You should give it to her yourself. She would want you to visit her as well. You helped her didn't you?" She said.

"Ah...should I?" She nod. Two entered the yard walking side beside.

"Jo Youngmin?" He said suddenly.

"Hm?" "The guy EXO picked on before Hyemi. How's he doing? I heard he's in Japan."

"Yeah. He's happy there. He is reaching his dream to be a manga artist." She smiled just thinking about him.

"Glad to here that..." He nod.

****

"Chanyeol...." D.O's voice cracked. He stood up as he lost his balance. "What are you doing here...?'

"Are you here for Hyemi as well...?" Chanyeol asked. D.O hesitated but nodded. Chanyeol lightly pushed him asides and keeled down to Hyemi's grave.

"Lee Hyemi. I need to confess something." He took out a picture from his inside pocket. He lightly laughed as his eyes came to tears. "Look, it's you....and me." He faced the picture to her. D.O stood there looking at him. He was bit confused when he said 'you and me' .

"Did you know each other since little...?" D.O asked.

He shook his head. "We were in the same womb..." He let out. D.Os eyes widened then remembered when Kai was teasing him that he looked like Hyemi.

"Twin..? Eyes, lips, ears..."

Chanyeol nodded.

"My parents were still young. They couldn't raise two child. They gave her to the child care." He explained. "She is my sister. My deongsaeng by 3 minutes." He smiled. "I was glad she was raised happily."

"Ah..." He was in shock. Chanyeol is Hyemis sister....? How come he didn't stop the other?

"Ahh." Chanyeol sighed and stood up. "I'll be going." He was about to go but D.O stopped him.

"I was dating her." He said with trembling voice. Chanyeol froze as his eyes widened. "I'm sorry, I couldn't protect her..."

"For how long?" He gritted his teeth.

"5 months..." With that Chanyeol spun around. "I was gonna tell you guys but you guys didn't listen. And thought she was the new person to bully."

"Even so, you should have protected her."

"I know....Thank Chen. He helped her. He treated her wounds. He took care of her. He made her safe." D.O said lowering his eyes to the grave.

"Chen? What did you do then? Just stood there and watch?" He raised his voice.

"What about you? What did you do? You were her brother." D.O fought back. Both fell in silence.

"Go to Hyemis house. They are holding a memorial ceremony." He said.

"Huh?" "You would want to see her mother as well. She is a nice lady." D.O smiled. He took out a note from his inside pocket and handed to him. "Her address." Chanyeol took it as his eyes glued to it.

"What about you?"

"I don't have the courage to face her mother. Or father." He said and was about to walk away.

"But. They would want to see you." Chanyeol stopped him.

"Aniya. They won't." He walked away. Chanyeol looked at the address then at the grave.

"Lee Hyemi. Park Hyemi. Both sounds good." He let out a smile.

Chanyeol got to her house. He was at the door. He was hesistating whether to go or not. He was about to knock when the door opened revealing an lady in black hanbok.

"May I help you?" She ask wig sorrow eyes.

"Annyeonghasaeyo." He bowed. "I'm Park Chanyeol. Classmate of Hyemi. I wanted to attend the ceremony if that's okay." He said with emotionless face.

"Ah. Neh. Come in." She gave him way and was about to go out when he stopped her.

"Um. Are you Hyemi's mother?" He ask. She nod. "Thank you very much for taking care of her." He bowed for long seconds.

"Neh?" She looked confused. "Are you perhaps Hyemis boyfriend?" She ask.

"Aniyo." He shook his head.

"Ah, gwerae? Do you know him?"

"He is my friend. Do Kyungsoo."

"Ahh. Did he came as well?"

"Aniyo. Waeyo?"

"After her death, I haven't seen him. I trusted him so much. I just want to thank him for trying."

"Kyungsoo ga...I saw him in front of Hyemis grave. He thought her parents wouldn't want to see him."

"Eh? What does he mean by that? Does he think we are going to blame him for her death?" Her eyes widened. "Aniyo. He did nothing wrong. Tell him he is mistaken. The fault is on us. As her parents, we didn't see how much she was suffering. We believed in her fake smile. It was us who made her this way." Now she was crying. Chanyeol didn't know what to do.

"I'm sorry. You should go in." She said patting his shoulder. Then she went away, still in tears. Somehow Chanyeol felt guilty inside. "I shouldn't have said that..." He said to himself.

He stepped in taking his shoes off. Some elders were drinking and eating. He went into a room where Hyemis funeral picture was. Familiar back was standing in front of the picture with a girl beside him. He stood aside for his turn. "Jongdae?" He blurted when he saw his side figure. Chen turned to him.

"Yeol?" The girl also turned, it was Yoorim which wasn't a big surprise for him. Chanyeol then remembered, Chen helped Hyemi. He cared for her so he would come.

"What are you doing here?" Chen asked.

"That... Uh...I regret my actions so I came here." He lied. Chen knew he was lying. Chanyeol didn't bother her.

"I'll be going." Yoorim said, about to leave.

"Stay for a bit." Chen said.

"I need to do something back there." She said. Chen nodded. Yoorim then went away leaving the two.

"Dont be surprise but I'm her twin." Chanyeol blurted making Chen shock.

"Really? Don't lie."

"I am. Look. It's us two." He showed him the picture.

"Then why didn't you step in?" He ask.

"I didn't know. I dint know how to protect her."

"Like Kyungsoo."

"Hm? Kyungsoo? Are you blaming him for her death?"

Chen shrugged.

"He didn't touch her. It was Tao and-" He didn't finish his sentence knowing he was blaming his own friend.

"Tao, Luhan, Suho, Kris. The four bullies." Chen straightforwardly said. "Tao. He started it. The day he started the whole bullying I disliked him."

Chanyeol kept silent.

"I thought you were only going to visit her grave. I didn't know you would come here." Chen said sliding his hand in his pocket.

"D.O told me to. He was at the grave as well."

"Then why isn't he here?"

"He said he doesn't have the courage to see them. He thinks it's his fault."

"Still a coward..." He mumbled. Chanyeol frowned. "I'm gonna go. Talk to Hyemi for a bit." He then walked out

*****

Yoorim stepped into the graveyard carring hand made roses and a cream puff bread and bubble tea. She stood in front of Hyemis grave. "Someone must have came." She said as she organized the flowers and gifts. "Hyemi-ah, have you been well? You're not lonely right?" She said wanting to have a normal conversation now she was alone. She crossed her leg as she sat down. "I got us bubble tea and cream puff~ Here. One for you, one for Jia and one for me." Yoorim smiled at Jaehi's piece. "I wonder if she has visited."

Yoorim talked to the grave as if Hyemi was actually there but Yoorim was the one talking while Hyemi listened. "Ah, Hyemi-ah, D.O was making these paper roses and he asked me if I remembered your anniversary. I was like how does he know. Wait..." Yoorim picked up a bouquet of roses and looked at it. Its the one D.O was making. "Did he come here? He must have. He made these."

She then got a call. "Baekhyun?" She picked it up.

"Hey.I'm kinda busy."

'Ah. Gwerae? What are you doing?' He ask. She thought he wouldn't know what date it was.

"I out...with a friend." She said.

'Ah. Where?'

"Here and there. Wae?"

'I'm just bored. And what's up with people today? I saw Chen and Chanyeol in black today. I think D.O as well.'

"Molla."

'Ah. Then call me when you're free.' He then hung up.

"He...What if he is like D.O as well?" She said to herself. "He is a good person just like D.O but he might be just doing that. What if he backstabs me later on? Eyy...He won't right? I made him unto Top 100. He likes Popo.... I should be careful..." She said ripping her cream puff.

****

"I'm home..." D.O said lazily entering his house.

"Where did you go?" Tao ask coming out of the kitchen.

"You won't understand." He said. "Why are you here?"

"...I live here..."

"Hey." Kris said sending him a half wave before he sat on the couch.

"I'm tired so make food yourself." He said and went to his room.

"Whats with him?" Tao said and sat beside Kris.

"Mood swings maybe." He shrugged.

"I heard Yeol-hyung went to visit that girls grave." He said.

"Hyemis?" "I guess that's her name. I dunno."

"Ahh. It's her death anniversary today."

"It is? Haha. If bring that up when we're with nerd, she'll blow, won't she?" He smiled. Then he got a slap from behind.

"Stop." Lay said. "Stop with the bullying. How many times do I have to say this. Don't you remember? You made...aniya. Just stop. And you Kris. You're old enough now. So teach him how to behave. He gives people too much pain. Awooo!" He smacked his head again.

"Ge!" Tao shout rubbing his head.

"Kris, you also should stop before I smack you." Lay warned him. Kris laughed at Lays drowsy eyes and scolding.

"Calm. We don't do much anyway. It's the girls." Kris said.

"You make them do it. They do it because they like you and want to please you." Lay said.

"Fine. I'll stop. I'll teach this kid as well."

Lay then walked to his room. But he went in Xiumins room instead.

"Wae, Yixing?" Xiumin took off his head phone.

"Minnie." He sat on his bed.

"Don't call me that."

"Can you like tell Luhan to stop bothering the people? He only listens to you."

"Wae?"

"It's making me realize that because of us they suffered a lot and caused them to end life. Like Hyemi. It's her death anniversary today..."

"Ahh. I didn't know...I'll try to talk him into it." He smiled nodding.

"Jinjja? Gomawo." He thanked him.

"To be honest, his appearance and his personality doesn't match. His appearance is like innocent and nice but his personality is... Very..."

"Arayo..."


*smiles innocently*

miahn...*runs away*


i didnt read it through...

so excuse the mistakes