Past

Coffee♥ℒℴѵℯ

When Baekhyun realized it was 8pm, he grabbed Yoorims wrist and dragged her to the big wheel. She yelped in supprise. "Baehyun."

"Come on. Palli it's gonna start soon." He replied. He was excited. They got in to one of the wheels.

"What are we doing here?" She asked.

"You'll see later." He smiled. "It's my first time seeing this from high up so I'm kinda excited."

"What are we gonna see?" She asked again.

"You'll see." He looked at the clock on his phone. "Minute left." Minute passed. "3. 2." She smiled at him. He was like a little kid getting his sweeties.

"1!." He shout. Surprising her, the amusement parks light lite up. Seeing from up high, it was beautiful. Baekhyuns eyes were twinkling.

"Wahh...jjinjja..." He said letting his breath out. "I wanted to see this so badly."

"Oo. People looks so tiny." Yoorim said looking down.

"Rim-ah, look at the view. It's beautiful, isn't it?" He said.

"Eung." She nod.

"This was what I wanted to show you. I wanted to see it with you." He smiled.

"Ah..." She said. 'Stop giving me that smile, Byun Baekhyun. You're making me flustered.' She thought.

Baekhyun dropped Yoorim off in front of her apartment building before going away. She walked in her apartment being greeted by Popo. She sat down sighing. "I shouldn't be playing too much. Her anniversary is in 2 days…”

She washed up and wore her nightwear. She sat on the dining table chair after getting a candle and lot of blossom colour plastic spoons. She started to make plastic spoon roses for her as it was Hyemi's hobby making roses out of anything.

An hour later, she was done making 4 of it. She also made the stem and melt it on the bottom of the roses. For a final touch, she wrapped a white ribbon to hold it in place. "Ahh, finish. She'll like it, won't she?" She showed it to Polo who barked as in reply.

****

"Hyung? Soo-hyung?" Kai walked into D.O's room who quickly hid something.

"Wae, Jongin-ah?" He replied with O.O face.

"Are you okay?" He sat on D.O's bed. "You’re acting weird..."

"How?" "I know you and I don't hang out much in school. Whenever I see you, you hide something."

"It’s nothing. It's my school work." He lied.

"Eyy. Don't-" Just then Chen walked in.

"Kai. Umm. Can I talk to D.O for a moment? In private." Chen said. Kai sighed and nodded and went out. As soon as he was put, Chen said, "Awooo. You're making it too obvious. Those big eyes tells you are hiding something."

"Okay.Okay." D.O took out a small doll holding roses. "What do you think?"

"...it really resembles her..." Chen said.

"You think?" He asked again. He nodded. "Sorry for dragging into this, Jongdae." D.O said.

[Flashback]

D.O and Hyemi were out on a date in the Ferris wheel. He sat beside each other hand on hand. "You really okay accepting me as your girlfriend?" Hyemi asked making D.O flinch.

"Why all of a sudden?" He asked tightening his grip on her hand.

"I'm like an ordinary girl while you're like the Kingka of the school...what will your fans will say...?"

"Yahh~ Dont worry. It'll be fine." He smiled.

"I'm just worried..." Hyemi lowered her eyes. "Sorry for asking..."

"Aniya. You know I was thinking of announcing it tomorrow..."

"Announcing what?"

"Our relationship. It's already be like 5 months..."

"Andrew. I'm not ready."

"I want to date freely. Not worrying if the school people will see us together. Please?"

"What if they don't approve us?"

"Who are they to approve us or not?"

She fell into silence. Her mind battled whether to trust him or not. But at the end she said, "Arraso. Let's announce it tomorrow."

"Really?" "I trust you."

Minutes later, the ride stopped. They got off and went to get candy floss. They stood in line arm in arm.

"Kyungsoo?" They heard a voice beside them. It was Chen looking at the both back and forth. "What's with you two?"

"Jongdae...this is Hyemi." D.O introduced.

"Yes I know. Why you two together?" He asked.

"Let's tell him..." D.O said . She nodded. "We have been dating for 5 months now...."

Chen was still confused but got back to earth soon. "Soo, you two are officially going out?" Both nodded hesitating.

"Ahh. Good for you. When are you going to tell them?" He asked with a bit of worried tone.

"Tomorrow...Jongdae, you don't mind?"

"Why would I mind? If you love her so much, no one has the right to pull you two apart. Anyway, good luck to the both of you. You look cute together. I'm going, bye~." Chen turned and walked off. Two looked at each other.

"He accepts us..." Hyemi let out.

"Yea. But even if he didn't, we'll still be together, won't we?" He smiled. She smiled in return.

[Next day]

D.O walked to Hyemi and her friends. He waved. "Hey..."

"Kyungsoo..." Hyemi said.

"Let's go tell them." He said taking her hand.

"Good luck to the both of you. Even if they don't accept it, who cares about them. We're here for yous." Jia said.

"Yeah. We're here." Yoorim added.

"Thanks." Hyemi said smiling.

"D.O-shii, we trust you.." Yoorim said.

"Trust me. I won't disappoint you." D.O smiled. He and Hyemi walked to EXO's group hangout. Some members were giving her who-the-hell-are-you look.

"Do well." Chen smiled and patted his back.

"Mm." D.O said. "Guys." He had no answer. But Chanyeol looked at him and saw Hyemi. His eyes widened, "Why is she here...?" He thought. Others were too busy picking on their current target. Louder, "Guys!"

"Oooh. Hyung, who's this?" Tao swung his arms around her shoulder. "Ahh, yo guys, he brought us a friend!"

That was when all listened. Everyone was looking her from head to toe. She stiffened and gripped onto his blazer. She knew what was coming which scared her.

"Aniya. It's not like that. She-" He was then cut off by Tao again.

"She looks like she's going to be fun to bully."

'Bully.' She felt frightened at that moment and then realized the person they are bulling right now, is going to be free. For that, she felt relieved.

"Ani-ya, let him finish." Chen said.

"He's finished. You person, you're free. Get out. And you, go there." Tao dragged her in the centre, where she was surrounded by EXO.

"She's cute." Luhan said.

"Why did you bring a girl? Why not a male? I don't like picking on girls. For this, I'm out." Kai sat back.

"You don't like picking ON girls but you like picking UP girls." Sehun said.

"So what? I ain't doing it. You do it if you want."

"Have you ever seen me bully people? I just watch and see how immature you guys are." Sehun said.

"Why aren't you speaking?" Chen stood beside him. "At this rate, she'll get hurt."

"Don't you think I don't know that?!" He shout. "What have I done...?"

"Kyungsoo, why did you bring her?" Chanyeol asked walking to him.

"She-" THUD. His eye widened when he saw Hyemi on the floor. He wants to go to her but Chen stopped him.

"Don't. Or she'll get hurt more."

"But..." His eyes started to get teary. Hyemi looked at him before being dragged up by Tao.

"Tao, that's enough. You need to stop being so harsh on people." Sehun snatched his hands away from Hyemi and stepped in between them.

"Who do you think you are to tell me what to do?" Tao pushed him.

"Lady, go to class." Kai said. Hyemi quickly ran off. Her legs felt weak. Her eyes teared.

"Excuse me." She heard a voice behind her. "Are you okay?" She turned. It was the guy EXO bullied.

"Yea. Are you?" Hyemi asked.

"I can't believe they would choose a girl as their target. If you want, I can go back."

"No! Don't. I take this turn. You've suffered for a long time."

"...I'm Jo Youngmin." He said.

"I'm Lee Hyemi."

"I'll stay with you. I dont want you to go through what I went through..." He lowered his eyes.

"Don't. Just have no interest."

"I want to. Please."

"Hyemi!" Jia and Yoorim called. Hyemi took a deep breath before turning.

"Hey!" She said.

"So, what did they say?" Jia asked. Hyemi shook her head slowly.

"Those rude bastard!" Yoorim shout.

"Who do they think they are?" Jia joined. "But you still together though, right?"

"Not sure about that..."

"What?" Jia said.

"Come one lets go class. Ah, this is Youngmin by the way."

"I know. You okay though? You going through a lot aren't you?" Yoorim asked. He didn't reply.

"Gwenchana. We won't let them touch you any longer. They think they own us." Jia wrinkled her nose.

"This is Jia and Yoorim." Hyemi said.

He bowed.

"I'll go to class now..." He said and walked off.

"Let's meet again, Youngmin-shii." Yoorim called. He turned and bowed then continued to walk.

"We should go as well." Hyemi said. Three walked to class and sat on their desk. Hyemi sat down and took out her books. Chanyeol, who sits behind Hyemi,  hesitatingly tapped her back. "What did you do to D.O?" He ask. She shrugged.

"...Do... you want us to do it...?"

She shrugged, "It's fine I guess. As long as you leave Youngmin alone."

"Youngmin? Who's that?"

 "The person who you bullied before me..." She frowned at him for not even knowing his own targets name.

"Ahh..." He lowered his eyes. She nods and turns back around as the teacher walks in.

****

Hyemi was alone in the locker corridor while the other two was at the canteen. She placed her books in the lockers. She jumped as the locker door slammed shut nearly catching her fingers. She turned and was about to shout but it was Tao with some EXO members behind him including Chen and D.O. She glanced at D.O who gave a sorry look.

"What...What do you want...?" She asked trying to sound strong.

"What do you mean? You're ours now. What's her name?" He asked Luhan beside him. He shrugged.

"Yah, Tao. Get going, leave her for now." Chen said.

"Fine. Since we're off to canteen, we'll let the girls handle you." He smirked as he pushed her to the lockers. She whinced in pain. Members walked past her. D.O was also kind of ignoring her but brushed his hands towards her hands. Chen stayed back eyeing EXO. When they were out of his sight, he helped her stand.

"You okay?" He asked. She nodded.

"D.O's not brave enough to say it." He patted her back. "I'll protect you from now on."

"I'm alright. You don't need to." Hyemi said and saw the girls coming to her direction. "You better go. They're coming..." He turned and saw the Queeka's coming to them.

"Is this the girl?" One of them asked.

"What should we do to her, oppa?" One clung onto him but he gently pushed her back.

"Don't be harsh on her." He said before going.

"Yah, what did you do?" One asked Hyemi. She shrugged.

"Leave it and can we get on with it?" One whined.

"Right, come on. To the bathroom, right Mia?" Another asked the leader, Mia, as she swung her arms around Hyemi’s shoulder.

“Do whatever.” Leader shrugged. They walked to the bathroom being followed by the other girls.

*****

"Where did Hyemi go?" Yoorim said looking around the canteen. Jia felt something was going on.

"Umm..." They heard a voice beside them. It was Youngmin.

"Sit down." Yoorim slid to the side. He sat down.

"Umm..." He fiddled with his fingers.

"Wae?" Jia asked.

"EXO stopped bullying me..." He let out a sigh.

"Oh, gwerae? That's great." Yoorim said

"But..." "Wae~?" "They started on Hyemi..."

"Mwo...? That's a joke right...?" Jia's face flipped to deadly face. He shook his head.

"Since when?" Yoorim asked.

"This morning..." "Wasn't that when they went to announce it? Are they doing it because she's dating him?" Yoorim made a disgust face.

"Were you there?" Jia asked. He nodded. "What did she say?"

"She didn't say anything but D.O was about to say something when Tao interrupt him." He explained.

"He didn't get the chance to tell them...because of that brat." Yoorim cursed.

"Where is she right now?" Jia asked. He shrugged.

"Awhoo!! Jinjja!! Those bastards!" Yoorim shout stabbing her pizza with her fork.

"And I can't believe you like one of those bastards..." Jia said earning a glare from her. "Anyway, we have to find her before they do anything more."

****

Hyemi was pushed onto the wall. She fell down on her knees. Students who were in there quickly rushed out. "I don't know who you are but whatever you have done, you'll pay for it." Mia bent down to her eyes level. One of them came with a bucket full of dirty water.

"Shall I?" She grinned.

"You shall." Leader moved out of the way and water was splashed onto Hyemi. She was then dragged in the centre. Girls started to kick her without caring where it was.

After a while, they were tired and called it a day. "Ahh. That felt good." One said.

Few minutes later after they were gone, Hyemi went out. She was limping to the P.E changing room when she felt a blazer on her shoulder. She thought it was D.O doing it that she swung around with a smile but only to be greeted with Chen and his smile. "You must be cold. Let's get you changed." He pulled her towards the P.E room.

"Ah." She stopped walking. He turned to her.

"You okay?" He looked at her leg.

"My leg hurts..."

"It's only few steps to the changing room." He grabbed her arms and put it over his shoulder as he held her by her waist. Moments later, they got there. He took her to the girls changing room not caring about the sign.

"Sit here." He sat her down on the bench. "I'll get first aid kit." He went to the mini P.E medical office and took a box and rushed to her. He sat on the floor in front of her. He gently lifted her leg. "Is it this?" She nodded. He took off her shoes then socks. He soflty massaged her foot as she blushed and giggled as it was tickly. He smiled. He wrapped an ankle sprained bandage on her ankle. After he was done, he cleaned the knees wound and stuck bandage on it. "There. I'll put your socks and shoes back on now." He rolled up her sock on to her leg then gently slipped her shoes on. After he was done, he sat beside her. "Look here." He turned her head by her chin. He had a medical cream on his index finger. She slowly and gently put it on her lips. She closed her eyes as the pain came.

"Thank you..." She said. He nodded. "Why are you...doing this, Chen-shi?" She asked.

"I don't like seeing women suffer. Its not right...and I said it didn't I?  I want to protect you. I'll do anything to stop them." He patted her head.

"You're not as bad I thought you were..."

He laughed, "Have you ever seen me hurt people?"

"...well, no. Sorry..."

"It's okay. Most people think that anyway since I'm part of EXO." Chen took out his phone and handed to her. "Give me your number. Call me if anything happens."

"It's okay." "Yah~ you'll get hurt."

"I'll be fine." She forced a smile.

"Stop trying to be strong. You'll get hurt more." He said. "When you're with me, let it out. Let me be the shoulder for you to lean on."

"That...kinda sounds cheesy..." She smiled. This one was real.

"It was? Ah well. I mean it though."

"...What did D.O say...?" She asked but hurt that it wasn't D.O doing this.

"He...didn't say anything..." Chen said knowing her feelings.

"Ah..." She said her eyes getting teary. "He said we'll still be together...but he hasn't talked to me..."

"He isn't brave to tell them. He gets frightened easily...Hyemi...let me replace him. I'll protect you, even if it was killing myself. D.O is not the right guy..." Chen was trying to show his care for her. He had also like Hyemi. He liked Hyemi before D.O. But he was too late.

"Why are you like this...?" Hyemis voice trembled.

"Hyemi, I don't want you to get hurt. D.O can't protect you." Chen said.

"I...I-" Two jumped when the door slammed open. Jia and Yoorim were panting with Youngmin behind them

"Hyemi!" Yoorim ran to her.

"What did you do to her?" Jia glared at Chen who stood up.

"Jia, he helped me." Hyemi said.

"He's part of EXO. And that D.O. That coward. I thought you went to announce it not to get yourself bullied by those jerks!" Jia shout. "Excuse me you, I don't know if this is your doings or not, I want this stop right now. She has done nothing."

Chen looked at her with O.O face. "I...I'll protect her. I'll protect Lee Hyemi. Don't worry."

"Don't kid around."

"Where's D.O?" Yoorim asked.

"He's at the...canteen..." Chen hesitating said.

"M-Mwo...? Canteen? Is he for real?" Yoorim scoffed. "That jerk."

"I thought he was different... but he's the same..." Jia mumbled.

"Guys, you got it all wrong. It's only been a day. Don't over react. I'll be fine."

"Hyemi, you won't be fine. They already sprained your ankle. They'll break your leg next time." Hyemi grabbed his wrists not wanting him to tell them but Chen said it shocking the other two.

"Sprained ankle...?" Yoorim's anger started to build up. She ran out. She ran into the canteen and scanned from corner to corner. When walked to D.O who was happily eating.

"Yah." She blurted. He stopped eating and looked up and quickly stood up.

"Yoorim..."

"Why are you here instead of being with her? Why are you eating when she's like that?! Do you really like her or was it for fun?" She shouts. EXO surrounded them two. Students were also staring.

"What happened to her?" He asks.

"You'll see later. But can I punch you?" Yoorim asked. EXO started to get confused then their jaw dropped when Yoorim punched his jaws with full strength.

"What do you think you’re doing?" Tao grabbed her wrist. D.O touched his jaw.

“Stay out of it, ZiTao.” Chanyeol pulled him back.

"Where is she?" He ask. She snatched her hands off of him.

"Follow me." She said and walked to the changing room leaving people in canteen dumbfounded. Yoorim pushed D.O into the changing room. He's eyes widened when he saw wet and lips cut.

"Hyemi..." He tried to go to her but Chen pulled him to his side.

"Why are you here?" Hyemi asked.

"To make sure you're okay..."

"I'm okay..."

"Don't misunderstand, Hyemi-ah..."

"What happened?" Jia asked.

"...I...tried to...tell them but...they wouldn't listen..."

"Why weren't you with her when this happened? Why didn't you stop them?" Yoorim asked.

"I...I...I'm sorry..."

"If you had guts to say it, she wouldn't have to go through this. It's only been a day and what happened to her? Cut lip and sprained ankle. Sprained ankle." Chen blurted.

"Sprained ankle is too much for the first day..." Youngmin squeaked. "They only took my money for the first day..."

"D.O, we trusted you..." Yoorim said. "Chen-shi, thank you for treating her. Hyemi is going home."

"Guys, don't over react. Sprained ankle is nothing."

"Please take her home." Chen pleaded. "If this happens tomorrow I'll protect her. Leave it to me..." 

"Why can't you be more like him?" Jia said to D.O. "Why couldn't you date someone like him? Where did you find this coward?" She helped Hyemi stand up. Two helped her walk out. Hyemi thanked Chen again with a smile. He smiled back but with sorry eyes. Youngmin followed them out.

"Thank you, Jongdae…” D.O said with teary eyes. He lost his balance as he sat down. “Why am I…why am I not strong enough? Why can’t I protect her? Why does she…like a person like me…?” He then let it out.

“Kyungsoo, let me protect her. Let me treat her pain…” Jongdae said. D.O didn’t reply, he looked at him.He dropped his head down having a battle in his head.

“Arraso…”

[Flashback End]

****

(Hyemi’s Anniversary)

Yoorim woke up as her alarm burst into annoying tune. She rubbed her eyes as she sat up. Sun hit her eyes. Then her phone rang, it was from another country. She looked at it confused and picked it up speaking in English, “Hello?” Unexpectedly the person on other line spoke in Korean, “Is this Park Yoorim?”

“…neh…? Who is this?” Yoorim said.

“It’s me! Youngmin!” He bleamed. Memory hit her making her jaw drop.

“Youngmin, you idiot!” She shout. “You left without a word!”

“Haha, sorry.” He chuckled. “I know I just went without a word but I had to call today. You know what day it is.” His tone went down.

“You know…?” “Gwereum…I’m her friend aren’t i?”

“Yeah… where are you right now?” She asked with curiosit.

“I’m in Japan right now. I’m following my dream.”

“Still wanna be manga artist? Do well. You even look like an anime character…”

“Haha…um, Yoorim.” “Yeah?” “I can’t come to day so I ordered bunch of red roses to your house. Is that okay?I want you to give it to Hyemi.”

“Oh, really? How did you find my address…?”

“I came over your house one time didn’t I? With Jia and Hyemi. I still remember it. Ah, hows Jia?”

Yoorim was silence, hesitating whether to tell or not. “She…she’s with the Queenka’s now…”

“Pardon? With who?”

“We cut off our connection. And I don’t think she’ll be coming today…”

“Ah…sorry…” “But surprise surprise, Youngmin-ah.” “Hm? Wae?”

“My dad remarried and guess who my sister is?” “Who?” “Choi. Mina.”

“Who’s th-  NO!” He shout. “The Queenka of the school? Are you okay? Did she do anything?”

“Her personality flipped though. She turned into a nice person and even left the group. She want to be my friend somehow…but she’s nice.”

“That is very….unexpected…Ah, Yoorim. Miahn, my boss is calling me. I need to go. Don’t forget the flower.” He said as he hung up.

“This kid.” She smiled as she tossed her phone to the side.

****

Chanyeol went in his room and lay on his bed. After a while he stood up and got dressed in black.

“Yeol, where you going?” Baekhyun asked as he saw him all back.

“I have an appointment. Ill be back.” He said and went out.

“Jongdae, what’s wrong with him?” Baekhyun ask cChen who was coming out of D.O’s room.

“Wahh. You are really bad…” Chen knew about Chanyeol and Hyemi’s relationship but he promised Chanyeol that he wouldn’t tell.

 Chanyeol went to a flower shop and brought bouquet of roses.

Chanyeol stood in front of the gate hesitating whether to go in or not. His head was telling him not to go but his heart was telling him to. After a while he made up his mind and went in nervously. He walked around searching for a name. He saw a figure kneeling down in front of the grave. As Chanyeol walked closer, the figure got clearer. It was D.O.


here is a looooooonnnnnggggg chapter for my readers!!

i felt that when i last updated, i felt like i just chucked it to you....

miahn....