Chapter 8

Sometimes, you just have to share the pain...

"Hyora-ya! Are you done yet? I'm gonna miss my flight waiting for you!" Junsuk shouted from the living room.

It was the night of the Seoul Music Awards. Hyora was really nervous as it was her first time going to an award show as a guest. Her dress was making her feel even nervous. And the worse thing was, Junsuk will not be with her. He was required to go to Japan on the very last minute. Hyora took a deep breath and finally went out of her room.

"Err...You guys...What do you think?" Hyora asked nervously. All heads turned to her.

"Woah noona! Is that really you?" Dongwoon asked in shock. Hyora bit her lip nervously as Beast and Junsuk surrounded her.

"Wow Hyora. I didn't know you can be this pretty!" Yoseob said, eyeing her from top to bottom.

"I told you you'll be pretty." Gikwang grinned.

"Hey, my sister has always been pretty, ok?" Junsuk defended.

Hyora looked up and turned to Doojoon. "Oppa, w-what do you think?" she asked as Doojoon had been quiet the whole time.

Doojoon was taken by surprise. "Hmm? Erm...You look really beautiful."

"Really?" Hyora's face lighted up. "Thank you," she added shyly. She then turned to Junhyung who was leaning on the dining table, with his hands in his pockets. "What do you think?" she asked coldly.

Junhyung turned to Hyora and started to walk towards her. He came nearer and nearer and was inches away from her. He leaned down to look at Hyora in the eyes.

"To tell you the truth..." He then looked at her up and down. "You look like a clown," he added while smirking.

"Ya!" Hyora shouted as Junhyung turned to leave.

"Ok...That's enough. Let's go. We're gonna be really late," Junsuk said while chuckling.

"He is so mean!" Hyora pouted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cube Entertainment, the company Beast is from, had rented a limousine for them to go to the award ceremony. It was their first time riding on it and they were awed. Hyora kept fidgeting on her seat.

Hyunseung who was sitting beside her, turned and smiled. "Nervous?" he asked. Hyora just nodded. Hyunseung hold her hand, trying to calm her.

"It's gonna be ok. At least you're not walking down the red carpet, right?" he said.

Hyora smiled. "If I had to walk down the red carpet, I won't be here right now." Hyora reached for her bag when she felt her phone vibrated.

 

You're coming to the award ceremony right?

Jiyong

 

Hyora smiled reading the message. Jiyong and her had been contacting often. It was always Jiyong that texted or called her first. Hyora was glad that Jiyong was able to accept her as just a friend. She had told Jiyong that she will be going to the award ceremony as a guest right after she knew about it.

 

Yeah. I'm on my way with the boys now. :)

Hyora

 

But Hyora had to admit. Sometimes, she felt like Jiyong is treating her as a girlfriend and not just a friend. But she just let him be as she know that she could not force him to stop liking her.

 

Yay!! Can't wait to see you! Ok then, see you later sweetie! ^^

Jiyong

 

"Was that G-Dragon?" Gikwang asked when he saw Hyora texting and smiling.

"Huh?! Erm...Yeah," Hyora answered guiltily.

"I'm sure his eyes are gonna pop out when he see you." Gikwang smirked.

"Gikwang-ah..." Hyora knew that Beast are still against her close relationship with Jiyong. And she is still trying to convince them that Jiyong is not what they think he is.

After a few minutes, the limousine started to slow down and eventually stopped. Doojoon then opened the door and went out first. Suddenly, as Hyunseung was going out, he grabbed Hyora's hand.

"Ya oppa...W-what are you doing?" Hyora asked while trying to pull her hand away.

"You're coming with us," Hyunseung simply said.

"But that's not the plan!" Hyora shouted as she started to freak out.

"Hyora-ya...you're too pretty to hide from the media, you know?" Gikwang chuckled.

"Ya! Can you guys hurry up and get out!" Junhyung shouted.

Hyora glared at Junhyung as she was pulled out by Hyunseung. Doojoon who was standing outside, put out his hand to help Hyora out. Hyora hesitated before taking his hand. As soon as Hyora stepped out of the car, she was blinded by the multiple flashes from the cameras. She kept blinking at every flash.

"Don't look directly at the cameras," Doojoon suddenly whispered to Hyora. She looked up at him and nodded. He then signalled to Hyora to link arms with him, which she gladly did.

They then walked down the red carpet together with the other Beast members who were behind them. They waved and bowed slightly at the media. As Hyora walked past the media, she noticed that they started to whisper to themselves while looking at her, eyeing her up and down. She felt uncomfortable and uneasy. Suddenly she felt Doojoon touching her hand as if reassuring her that everything is going to be ok.

She was about to look up at Doojoon when her eyes caught a glimpse of someone who was looking at her. Her lips automatically curved up into a smile. It was Jiyong. He was standing on the platform where media would take pictures of the artists. Jiyong was with Big Bang when he caught sight of a girl in black on the red carpet. He started to smile from ear to ear when he realised it was Hyora.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After their pictures were taken, Hyora and Beast were guided to their seats. Hyora felt overwhelmed seeing all the artist that were already there. As they took their seats at the round table, Hyora realised that people from the neighbouring tables started to whisper to each other about her. They find it weird that a girl was sitting together with Beast. Especially since she is not an artist of some sort.

"I don't think I should be here," Hyora said while looking around at the people who were still looking at her.

"Don't mind them," Doojoon said.

"Ya Hyora, do you know why they keep looking at you?" Gikwang asked, smiling.

"Why? Because I'm a nobody?" Hyora said in a sad tone.

"No...It's because you're too beautiful to resist." Gikwang smiled widely. "They're just jealous."

Hyora sniggered at Gikwang's cheesiness. Suddenly her phone vibrated.

 

Hey, you looked really pretty...:D

Jiyong

 

Hyora smiled upon reading his message.

 

Keke...Thank you! :) Where are you by the way?

Hyora

 

Hyora was busy messaging that she did not realised Doojoon was looking at her. He felt angry, sad and guilty all at once, seeing Hyora smiling because of another guy.

 

I'm a little behind your right! :D

Jiyong

 

Hyora then turned to her right and saw Jiyong smiling and waving at her. She giggled seeing Jiyong's childishness.

 

Hey, you looked good yourself...^^

Hyora

 

Of course! I'm G-Dragon aren't I? Keke.

Jiyong

 

:P

Hyora

 

As soon as she sent the message to Jiyong, the starting music of the ceremony sounded. She kept her phone and paid full attention to the show. It was the first time that Hyora had seen a performance live. She was awed by all the light effects and the shoutings from the fans.

Soon it was the award giving. Beast was nominated in four categories; Best Song, Best Digital Album, Popularity Award and Best Artist Award. Hyora could see that they were really nervous. They felt a little disappointed when the Best Song and Digital Album Award was given out and they were not the winners.

It was then time for the presentation of the Popularity award. Hyora was shocked when she saw that one of the nominees, other than Beast, was Big Bang. She started to get nervous. As much as she wanted Beast to win the award, with Big Bang as one of the contenders, the chances were slim.

While befriending Jiyong, Hyora realised how popular and good Big Bang are. Whenever she was with Jiyong, there will always be people greeting him. They are usually his juniors. And being in the industry for more than 5 years, definitely has its advantages.

As Hyora had guessed, Big Bang won the Popularity Award. She was happy for Big Bang and quickly felt guilty for feeling that way. Beast looked depressed. She looked at every single one of them as they insincerely clapped their hands. She wanted to smile and clap for Big Bang but knew better than to do that.

Suddenly someone hugged her from behind. She jumped in shock. She turned around and saw Jiyong smiling down at her. He then hugged her once again and kissed her on the cheek.

"Congrats," Hyora managed to say.

"Thanks!" Jiyong said and went towards the stage.

She turned back around and received disappointed looks from Beast. Her smile a while ago soon vanished.

"You're gonna hurt him, do you know that? If you're not ready to love him, why do you give him hope?" Doojoon said sternly.

"I'm not giving him hope!" Hyora argued.

"You think you're not. But the fact is, you are!" Doojoon shouted, amidst all the shouting from the fans.

Hyora became quiet. She could not deny what Doojoon said. Despite her efforts, it seems like Jiyong is falling in love with her even more. Doojoon felt guilty for ruining Hyora's mood. He was just about to apologise to her when it was time for the presentation of the Best Artist award.

This award is the grand prize that is awarded to the best artist by calculating album and digital sales with online voting popularity.

 

And the award for Best Artist goes to...Beast!!!

 

Upon hearing their name being called, the depressed-looking Beast jumped up in joy. Hyora could not help but to smile in happiness. They deserved this award. They had been working hard to get into this stage.

"Congratulations!!" Hyora said to them as one by one they came to her. Dongwoon was the first to hug her followed by Yoseob and Gikwang. She shook hands with Hyunseung and gave Doojoon a hug.

"Aren't you gonna congratulate me?" Junhyung asked Hyora from behind.

Hyora turned to him and teasingly said, "Congrats!"

Junhyung smirked at her and leaned closer.

"Sorry," Junhyung said while looking intensely at Hyora. Hyora frowned but soon her eyes became wide as Junhyung suddenly pulled her and kissed her on the lips. Hyora was too shocked to even move. Although it was just a peck on the lips, it was long enough to be captured by the media.

Junhyung soon pulled away from Hyora. He looked at her for a bit before finally going up to the stage with the rest of the members. Hyora was dumbfounded. She could hear people talking about what just happened. After a few moments, she stood up and left the ceremony, taking a cab home.