Chapter 22

Sometimes, you just have to share the pain...

Why don't you want to tell them, Hyora? They should know about your condition," Dr Lee said.

Hyora sighed. "I don't want them to worry about me. It hurts me to see their worried faces. I know they care for me. But I had rather see them smiling than seeing them sad over me. I think I will hate myself so much if I ever made them sad."

Now, it was Dr Lee's turn to sigh. "You don't have much time left, Hyora."

"I know...That's why I'm here. To give you these." Hyora handed Dr Lee some envelopes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oppa, can you ask the boys to come over?" Hyora said as she looked over at Junhyung.

"Hmm? Why? What for?" Junhyung asked, turning away from the television to look at Hyora.

"I have a present for you guys."

"Oh? What present?"

"You'll know later. Go on...call them," Hyora said while pushing Junhyung to the door.

As the door closed, Hyora went to her room hurriedly. She took the music sheet that she had been working on for the past few weeks. She then went to Junsuk's room and took his guitar.

"Baby? They're here!" Hyora heard Junhyung called out.

"I'm coming!" Hyora shouted back. "Hello!!" she greeted the members as she came out of Junsuk's room.

"Noona!!" Dongwoon shouted. He was just about to run to Hyora when Junhyung pulled him back. "Hyung..." he whined.

"What?" Junhyung asked, feigning ignorance.

Hyora smiled at her overly jealous boyfriend. "Come on, take a seat."

"Junhyung said you have a present for us?" Doojoon asked.

Hyora nodded. She took a stool and placed it infront of the members who were sitting on the couch. Hyora smiled before starting, "You guys have done so much for me. You guys were always trying to make me smile whenever I was down. You guys never fail to make me laugh with your antics. I just..." She cleared . "I just thought that I should do something for you guys."

The members was listening to her intently. Hyora smiled shyly at them and took the guitar from her side.

"I wrote this during the past few weeks. It's not finished and I don't think it's any good. But...here it goes," Hyora said. She took a deep breath and started strumming the guitar. The sound of the melody slowly seeped through their veins.

When the sky is turning dark
And the rain is falling hard
You came running to my head

Even today, without a doubt
I can't get you off my heart
You still lingers around me

I know
Everything we had has ended
Everything we felt disappeared
It's something I have always feared

Until the end I still can't get used to not having you
And I know that you're forever gone

Every time it rains I know you're by my side
Guarding me all through the night
Oh when the rain stops I know you will be too
And slowly you leave me missing you


As Hyora was singing, she kept her eyes on Junhyung, who seemed surprised by what he was hearing. As she finishes, everyone looked stunned. Eventually, they gave her a standing ovation.

"Hyora! We didn't know you could sing! And write your own song!" Gikwang said. Hyora just smiled.

"Aww...I didn't know my baby is so talented," Junhyung said as he made his way towards Hyora. "But I don't like the lyrics. You're not intending to leave me, are you?"

Hyora became stiff for a moment. "Oppa...We're never gonna know what might happen in the future. What if-"

"Shh!" Junhyung placed a finger on Hyora's lips. "I'm never gonna leave you and you are not gonna leave me. Ok?" Junhyung frowned.

"Ok ok..." Hyora said at last.

Junhyung grinned and pulled her into a hug. "You're stuck with me forever, understand?" Junhyung said as he kissed Hyora's head.

"Aigoo she's not going anywhere Junhyung," Hyunseung said, making the others laugh.

"Yeah, she's all yours. So stop making us feel jealous!" Gikwang said loudly. Hyora sniggered at him while Junhyung stuck out his tongue.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Hmm? Did you guys invite anybody?" Doojoon asked.

Hyora and Junhyung looked at each other and almost simultaneously, shook their heads. Hyora was about to walk to the door when Yoseob beat her to it.

"It's ok. I'll get it," Yoseob said as he jogged to the door. "Oh?" he said as he looked through the peephole. He then opened the door.

"Is Hyora in?"

"Jiyong?" Hyora called out as soon as she heard his voice. She then ran to the door.

"Hyora-ya!" Jiyong walked for a bit and finally received a big hug from Hyora. "I'm so sorry. I was in Japan. I didn't know. I'm so sorry Hyora. Are you ok?" He pulled away from the hug to take a good look at Hyora.

Hyora nodded. "I'm ok," she sobbed. She then hugged Jiyong again, tightening her grip. Jiyong had his arms around Hyora, hugging her just as tight. He then kissed her head repeatedly.

"I missed you so much," Hyora said, her voice muffled.

"I missed you too. I'm sorry..." Jiyong replied.

"How come he's allowed to hug noona and I'm not?" Dongwoon pouted. Hearing that, Hyora pulled away from Jiyong and turned to Beast.

Junhyung walked over to where Hyora and Jiyong were. He stood infront of Hyora and wiped off her tears. Hyora felt a pinch of guilt.

"I thought you were gonna take care of her?!" Jiyong said, glaring at Junhyung.

"Jiyong..." Hyora called out. "It's not his fault."

"Hyora, you know very well that this is his fault," Jiyong stated. "You wouldn't be suffering if not for his little game to make Hyuna jealous!"

"I know I'm in the wrong, ok?!" Junhyung shouted. "I'm aware of that. That's why I'm doing my very best to repay her for everything that she's been through."

"So you're saying that you're with her because you wanna repay her? Not because you love her?" Jiyong questioned.

"DON'T twist my words, Jiyong. You have no idea how much I love her," Junhyung argued.

Hyora who was between the two, looked back and forth at them. Jiyong and Junhyung were staring at each other.

"You're lucky that nothing happened to her," Jiyong finally said. "If something had happened to her, I swear I would have killed you."

"Jiyong-ah!" Hyora cried out in horror. She was shocked that Jiyong said such a thing. And to think that something had in fact happened to her, was making her anxious.

"Jiyong, I think you should go," Hyora said. Despite that, both guys continued to stare at each other. "Jiyong-ah..." Hyora tugged on his arm slightly.


Finally, Jiyong broke away from the stare. "I'll see you around," he said to Hyora. He looked at her for a while before finally bending down and kissed Hyora's cheek. It was the longest kiss Hyora had ever gotten from him. Usually, it was just a peck on the cheek, but not this time. After pulling himself away, Jiyong smiled and gently touched Hyora's cheek. He then gave Junhyung a sideway glare before leaving.

As the door closed, Hyora turned to Junhyung. The remaining anger was still evident on his face. She was just about to open to speak when Junhyung turned and left her.

"Junhyung-ah..." Hyora called out. "Oppa..." She quickly ran to him and held his arm, making Junhyung stopped at his tracks.

Without turning, he asked, "Is my love hurting you, Hyora? If it is..." He paused. "I'll let you go."

"Oppa..." Hyora was taken aback at what he said. Just a moment ago he said that he will never leave her, and now? Out of reflex, she let go of Junhyung's arm. She just stared at his back before finally putting her arms around his waist.

"I'm not gonna let you leave me. I'm gonna hold on to you for as long as I can," Hyora said, tightening her hug. Her eyes was already b with tears.

Junhyung took her hands from his waist and turned to face her. "Hyora, as much as I love you, the last thing that I want is for you to be hurt because of me. If loving you is hurting you, then I think we should-"

"Oppa!" Hyora interrupted. "Don't say it. God! Please don't. Why are you doing this to me? I don't care if I get hurt. That's a risk I had willingly taken when I chose to be with you. Your love is enough for me. I just need you to be with me. Be by my side until the very end." She sobbed. "Oppa...p-please don't do this..."

"Hyora, I don't want to continue hurting you. Do you understand?!" Junhyung said, letting go of Hyora's hand. He looked at Hyora's pleading and pained face but quickly looked away, knowing that if he continue to look at her, he might just succumb to his wants.

"I'm sorry..." Junhyung then turned to leave. Hyora wanted to hold Junhyung back but the pain in her head that she had been feeling was getting worse. Slowly her eyes felt heavy and her vision blurred.

"Hyora!!" the Beast members shouted when they saw Hyora swaying and finally fell to the ground.

Junhyung stopped and turned. "Baby!!"

 

 

 


Hey there my dear readers!!! ^^v

 

Just wanna let you know, you might want to listen to Beast's On Rainy Days during the part where Hyora was singing~~ *wink wink*