Chapter 1

Sometimes, you just have to share the pain...

As she stepped down from the plane at Incheon International Airport, Hyora knew she had made the right decision of coming back to Korea after 5 years in United States. She felt something in herself that she never felt when she was in US. Peace.

As she walked out of the arrival hall, she was expecting to see people holding up boards with her name on it and people screaming her name out. But then again, she is not an artist. All she saw were strangers and not even one familiar face. Everyone there were holding up boards with everything but her name on it. She let out a soft sigh and walked over to the nearby benches.

As she sat on one of the benches, her mind conveniently drifted off to the reason why she came back to Korea.

She tried not to believe what her friends were saying. But the evidence they showed was enough to make her doubt herself.

She took a deep breath and knocked on the door of the house that already felt like her own.

"Hyora! What are you doing here?"

"Why are you so surprised Sean? Can't I even visit my own boyfriend now?"

"Let's talk outside."

"No. I want to talk inside. Unless of course, if you have something to hide from me."

"Honey, who's outside?" Hyora heard a woman called out from the house. She tried to look inside but Sean closed the door behind him.

"What is this Sean?" Hyora was already on the verge of crying.

"Don't blame me. You were always so busy with your school. You had no time for me. She was there when I needed someone.

Screamings of some girls brought her back to reality. There was a large crowd surrounding one part of the arrival hall. And even more girls were running towards it. Their screams was so deafening that Hyora started to frown and wince in pain.

"Kim Hyora?" A guy called from behind. Hyora turned and nodded.

"Hi, I'm Donghae, your brother's assistant. He asked me to fetch you," Donghae said while smiling.

"Ouh, hi. Hmm...but where's my brother?" Hyora asked and started to look around.

"Erm you see, there was a clash between your flight time and theirs." Donghae pointed to the area where the screaming girls were.

"Ouh you mean, that's the group that my brother's in-charge of?"

"Yeah...so..." Donghae looked like he was apologising.

"Ouh don't worry about it. So I guess you will be sending me to my brother's apartment?"

Donghae nodded and started to to push Hyora's baggage cart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyora was amazed at the changes in Seoul after 5 years. There were many more tall buildings and traffic was worse than before. As the familiar scene passed by, she started to feel jet lag and soon fell asleep. After a few hours, she was woken up by Donghae. They were already at the carpark of the apartment building.

"Tired?" Donghae asked as he was taking out Hyora's luggage from the boot of the car. Hyora nodded and rubbed away the sleepiness from her eyes.

"When will Junsuk oppa be back?" Hyora asked when they were on the elevator. She really miss her brother. They were really close since they were young as he was the only sibling she had. But five years ago, their parents divorced and Hyora followed their father to New York while her brother stayed with their mother in Korea. Despite that, Hyora and Junsuk continued to keep in touch and update each other on their lives. Junsuk was the first person she told about Sean and he was the one that persuaded Hyora to come back to Korea.

"Junsuk will be sending the boys to the office first before bringing them back to their dorm. Ouh, by the way, their dorm is just next door to your apartment." Donghae smiled.

Soon, they reached the 15th storey, where the apartment is. Donghae opened the door with the key that Junsuk had given. As Hyora stepped into the house, she started to smile. She can really see her brother's personality all over the house. She walked around the living room as well as the kitchen and felt satisfied.

"Hyora, I should get going," Donghae said after he had brought Hyora's luggage into the house.

"Ouh, ok. Thank you Donghae," Hyora replied, smiling and bowing at him. After handing the keys to Hyora, Donghae left the house. Hyora sighed a relief and threw herself at the sofa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junsuk had been waiting for his sister's return for the past few weeks. He even cleaned up his apartment beforehand. But on the day of Hyora's arrival, there was a little glitch. Instead of welcoming his little sister, he had to work.

"Hyung, I thought your sister is coming?" one of the members asked.

"Yeah, she's already in Korea. I was supposed to fetch her but instead, I had to fetch you guys!" Junsuk scowled.

Kim Junsuk is the manager of the boy group, Boys of the EAst Standing Tall, also known as Beast. But he is more like a big brother to the six younger guys. Moreover, they are around his sister's age. So he treated them like his little brother.

As soon as Beast went into their dorm, Junsuk quickly went into his house. He opened the door quietly to surprise Hyora. But he gave up his intention when he saw she was sleeping soundly on the sofa.

"She must be tired." Junsuk smiled, looking at his sister. He missed every single thing about his sister. But what he missed the most was her smile. The smile that could brighten up one's life. But that smile have already vanished together with the decision of their parent's divorce. Since then, Hyora had been gloomy, until she met Sean. She was chirpy again whenever Junsuk called Hyora while she was in the States. But now that she had broken up with Sean, Junsuk was afraid that once again, he will see his gloomy sister.

Junsuk carried his sleeping sister to the room that he had decorated for her. He repainted the walls in violet, Hyora's favourite colour, and make the room more girlish. As soon as he laid his sister on the bed, Hyora started to stir in her sleep. Slowly, her eyes opened.

"Oppa!" Hyora shouted in surprise. She almost did not recognise her brother. He seemed skinnier and more handsome. She sat up and pulled her brother into a hug. She missed her brother so much. He was always on her mind whenever she had problems in US. Junsuk was more than just a brother to Hyora. He is her bestest friend. Being separated from him for 5 years have left her depressed.

As if making up for the time lost, Junsuk and Hyora chatted with each other for almost four hours, until Hyora finally yawned. Junsuk smiled at her.

"You should sleep."

"Yeah, I think I should. It was so fun talking to you oppa." Hyora grinned at Junsuk.

Junsuk returned her smile. Even though he knew that her sister was just putting an act, it still warmed his heart to see her smiling.

"Ouh yeah, tomorrow I'll introduce you to Beast, ok?"

"Who? Beast? So what? Your boy group are ugly-looking?" Hyora teased.

"Not literally, you silly girl!" Junsuk chuckled. "They're more handsome than your Sean-" He stopped himself when he realised what he just said. He saw Hyora's smile slowly started to disappear. "Sorry."

"No, it's ok." Hyora forced a smile. "So, they're handsome?" she asked, changing topic.

"Of course! You might just fall in love with one of them."

"You wish!" Hyora said. Junsuk knew that it was impossible for Hyora to love someone so soon. But he was hoping that she will find Sean's replacement soon enough. And maybe, just maybe, it could be one of the guys from Beast. He knew them well enough to know that one of them will make Hyora happy again. To make her smile again. Sincerely.