Chapter 10

Sometimes, you just have to share the pain...

The next day, Mr Hong held a press conference regarding the issue. But Junhyung and Hyora was not required to be there. So instead, they were at Beast's dorm with the others.

Everyone was quiet. No one dares to say anything. The members still did not know about Mr Hong's scheme to get Junhyung and Hyora into a fake relationship. Hyora was still shocked by yesterday's happening. She kept quiet and just stared into space. Junhyung knew that s were angry at him. He also knew that they knew the reason he did what he did. And it made him feel like a jerk for taking advantage of Hyora's naiveness.

"I'll make you guys lunch," Hyora suddenly spoke up, breaking the deafening silence.

"I'll help you," Gikwang said, following Hyora to the kitchen.

Doojoon who had been staring at Junhyung, stood up from the couch and went to the kitchen. He stood by the fridge, looking at Hyora as she started to cook. Gikwang who was cutting carrots next to Hyora, turned to Doojoon and decided to leave both of them alone.

"I'll be right back," Gikwang told Hyora. He felt sad seeing Hyora not smiling like she used to. But he knew that Doojoon is the one that Hyora needed.

Doojoon nodded at Gikwang, thanking him for understanding. Gikwang gave him a small smile and walked out of the kitchen. Doojoon then walked over beside Hyora. She turned to him slightly and then back to her cooking. It hurt him badly to see Hyora at this kind of state again. He felt his heart torn into pieces seeing her disturbed face.

Doojoon reached out for her hand and pulled her, making Hyora face him. She did not looked up to him. So then he pulled her chin up and finally, they made eye contact. Her bright eyes were now dull and sad. Her smiling lips were now turned upside down. Doojoon felt a pinch in his heart as he looked at Hyora's face.

"Hyora...I hate to see you like this," Doojoon said softly as he caressed her cheek.

Hyora broke their eye contact and looked away. Doojoon took a deep breath and pulled her into his arms. Hyora was taken by surprise. Even though it was not the first time that she was hugged by Doojoon, it felt different this time round. It felt warm and made her feel relaxed. Slowly, she put her arms around his waist. He then hugged her even tighter. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes before Dongwoon came running into the kitchen.

"Hyung! Noona! The news is out!" Dongwoon said, panting a little.

Doojoon and Hyora pulled away from each other and followed Dongwoon to Gikwang's room. The rest of the members was already there. Including Junhyung.

"Hyung..." Gikwang said, looking at Doojoon nervously. He then moved away from his laptop to give way for Doojoon to read the news.

 

Beast's Junhyung is dating their stylist, Kim Hyora, who is also their manager's sister.

 

Doojoon's eyes widened in shock. "What nonsense is this!" Doojoon shouted. He then turned around and looked at Junhyung then at Hyora and back to Junhyung.

"Did you already knew about this?" he asked Junhyung. Junhyung looked at him for a bit and looked away. "Did you agree to this?" he asked Hyora this time.

"Oppa..." Hyora said, looking at Doojoon sadly.

"He make you agree to this, didn't he?" Doojoon asked. Seeing Hyora hesitated and avoided looking at him, Doojoon knew the answer. He then slammed his fist on the table in anger.

The Beast members could guess why Doojoon was so angry. They knew that Doojoon have feelings for Hyora. His actions towards Hyora gave him away. Everyone knows that Doojoon was not someone who is easily attracted to the opposite . He was always busy, or make himself busy with work. But ever since Hyora came to their lives, they noticed the change in Doojoon. He was more busy thinking of Hyora than his work. Well, of course, Hyora had no clue about their leader's feelings for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From that day on, Hyora was everywhere with Junhyung. They were always invited to shows and had to always act like they are a couple. They had to fake a smile infront of everyone. They are only themselves when they were back at home.

Hyora was tired, both mentally and physically. If it were not for her brother and mother, she would not have agreed. When Junsuk came back from Japan, he was surprised to know about the news.

"Hyora, you're dating Junhyung?!" Junsuk asked as soon as he reached home.

"Err... Yeah," Hyora answered unwillingly.

"Woah..." Junsuk smiled. "I didn't even realised you guys had feelings for each other."

'Because we don't' Hyora thought.

"I've always thought you would end up with Doojoon. Haha!" Junsuk said, shaking his head.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Hyora asked, confused.

"Nothing. It's just that I thought Doojoon had feelings for you. From his actions towards you and all. What did he say when he found out?" Junsuk asked.

Hyora frowned at what her brother said. She then remembered when Doojoon slammed his hand on the table.

'No, it couldn't be' Hyora thought to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the day of Beast's performance at M!Countdown. They were currently performing and Hyora was sitting on the bench at the corridor, watching them from the TV provided. It was soon Junhyung's rapping part and the fans suddenly stopped cheering. But they started cheering again when it was Yoseob's turn. Hyora felt a little disappointed.

When the news about Junhyung dating was out, the fans went crazy. They started bashing Hyora through Junhyung's twitter account since Hyora did not have one. They called her names and one even threatened to kill her for taking 'her Junhyung'. Hyora expected it to happen. But she did not expect the fans to hate Junhyung as well. She heaved a sigh and turned away from the TV. That was when she caught sight of Jiyong.

After the incident during the Seoul Music Awards, Jiyong have not been contacting Hyora. He was avoiding her. In fact, he still is. He walked past Hyora as if she was not there.

"Jiyong-ah..." Hyora called out. She quickly walked towards him when he finally stopped. "We need to talk."

"What about? About how you were playing with my feelings?!" Jiyong said coldly.

"Jiyong! I wasn't playing with your feelings ok?! It's not like that..." Hyora said, feeling a little hurt by Jiyong's accusation.

"Ouh really?" Jiyong smirked. "You said you weren't ready for love. And now, you're dating Junhyung. What the bloody hell was that all about, huh? WHAT!" he shouted, making Hyora flinched at the sudden loudness.

"Jiyong..." She wanted to tell him the truth but she was not prepared to take the risk of ruining her brother's career.

"I regretted knowing you, Hyora. I regretted it." Jiyong glared at Hyora with obvious pain and hatred in his eyes. "From now on, Kim Hyora, I don't want to have anything to do with you. You understand? So get the hell out of my face." He then roughly pushed Hyora out of his way.

Hyora let out a gasp in shock. Knowing that she will soon break out into tears, she hurriedly walked to Beast's room. As soon as she closed the door behind her, she started crying, ignoring the people in the room. Her body started to shake from trying to control herself from crying and sobbing out loud.

"Hyora..." Doojoon who was at the dressing table quickly went to Hyora, who was now squatting on the floor still crying. He reached down to her and brought her on her feet.

"What's wrong?" Doojoon asked worriedly. Beast started to surround her, all with a concerned face. Hyora pushed Doojoon's hand away from her arms and looked at the Beast members.

"Jiyong hates me right now. He don't want to see me anymore. You guys must be happy now. That's what you guys wanted right? H-he left me..." Hyora said and started to cry again.

"Hyora-ya..." Gikwang said while trying to hold Hyora's hand. But she pushed them away and glared at the person leaning on the wall. Still glaring, she advanced towards him.

Hyora stood infront of Junhyung and glared at him with her watery eyes. She then started to hit his chest continuously.

"This is all your fault! If you didn't kiss me, I wouldn't have been your girlfriend. I wouldn't have to lie to anybody. And I wouldn't have lost a friend. This is all your fault!" Hyora shouted while crying.

She then gradually stopped hitting Junhyung and slowly slide down to the floor, sobbing badly. Junhyung remained still when Hyora hit him. He knew it was his fault. His chest felt tight and painful. Not because of the hitting but the result of seeing Hyora at that state. He wanted to bend down and hugged her, calm her, but Doojoon beat him to it.

Doojoon's heart ache seeing Hyora like that. Slowly he walked to her and pulled her up. He looked at her face for a bit before pulling her into his arms. Hyora was still crying and he did not care when he felt his shirt getting wet by her tears. Instead, he hugged her even tighter.

"Everything's gonna be alright. Everything's gonna be alright," Doojoon said to Hyora but his eyes was fixed on Junhyung.