oo5 Spill Your Heart Out

You're My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daehyun's POV

"The...the picture you were looking at...that's my parents...." I finally said. I stopped eating, head hung low and fingers fidgeting.

"It happened when I was eight," I continued. Yura kept quiet, urging me to continue.

"We used to be a happy family. That is until.....My mum met another guy. He was rich. Richer than my father. My mum was only attracted to his wealth. Although we weren't in any financial problems, my mum wanted more so that I could live a better life. However, she didn't understand that I don't need a better life. I was satisfied with what I had. Dad found out later on Mum was going out with another guy. He brought it up one day in the car, while we were on the way home. It was really bad timing. They quarreled. My dad was really angry, while my mum stood her ground. My dad was not focused on driving....and-and when he was too immersed in arguing, he lost control of the steering wheel and the car swerved to a nearby lampost........The lampost bent and fell onto the car - the driver's side of the car. He lost too much blood and died on the spot. I was unscathed as I was seated at the back of the car....my mum fractured her right arm and lost some blood, but she's still alive. I was so, so scared then."

I then looked up to look at her. I was taken aback. She had tears flowing down her rosy cheeks. Her delicate hand was covering . Silent sobs could be heard. Even I was not crying. But, I was on the verge on doing so. The memory was so painful..It was like it just happened yesterday, and that I just lost him. I wanted to go forward the hug her, telling her it is okay. That was when she spoke. She tried to hide her tears but they betrayed her. 

"Where is she now? I mean, your mum," she said in a soft voice. I was once again taken aback. I thought she would console me and not ask anything more. What have I expected? This is Park Yura I'm talking about. Something in my body shook.

"She's always working, trying to keep this family moving......at the brothel...She works as a sales lady in the morning though." This was my first time speaking out to someone else. I looked at her, expecting to see disgust in her eyes. But I was wrong. Care and empathy coloured her beautiful eyes. 

Your POV 

I didn't know why, but tears just kept flowing. I felt so sorry for Daehyun. He had to go through this at such a young age. It was then that I realised I was fortunate to have a real family, despite my mum's nagging, my dad's disagreement in almost everything I do, and my annoying little brother. 

I stood up, having some force pushing me towards Daehyun. I didn't know why. I wrapped my arms around Daehyun and said "It's okay. I won't mock you or whatever." I patted his back. He seemed stiff, he must have not expected me to do such a thing. Upon realising what I did, I retracted my arms back and wiped the tears away, feeling embarrassed. 

Daehyun's POV

"It's okay. I won't mock you or whatever." she patted my back. I was shocked by her sudden action. She quickly retracted her arms. I stood there for a moment. I laughed and ruffled her hair "You're such a baby." I laughed again and walked towards the bags I brought home earlier. It was the first time since a long time ago that I really laughed.

Your POV

"Yah! I'm not a baby!" I watched him walk away. I smiled in a girly way and my hand found its way up to my head where Daehyun touched. I walked towards the living ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter