o11 Back

You're My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day was basically spent lazing around and having movie marathons. Both you and Hana were stuffed full with the buttery goodness of popcorn. (A/N: I LOVE popcorn!!!!) Both you and Hana hadn't spent a day like this in months! Good times always go by fast.

Your mother had called Hana to check where you were. She didn't even suspect anything. Nothing like "WHERE'S MY DAUGHTER?!". Your parents had fetched your brother, Jaehwa back home along with them. Your parents demanded you back home immediately that night. You took all the things you bought the day before and rushed home. You explained as to why your bag was absent and almost everything.

Everything except the part where Daehyun was included, that is. 

Daehyun's POV

I was lying on my bed, thinking about life. Today was really fun, the guys came over again and we fooled around. It had been some time since I had people over. Since that time. I flinched at the memory. I saw lights from across my house. Must be Hana's parents. She should be back too, right? My thoughts were interrupted when I heard sounds from downstairs.

I groaned inwardly, knowing what was coming up. I went downstairs and look at the drunkard on the sofa. She looked tired and had a bottle of beer. Her heavy makeup was smudged and she looked more than terrible. I went to the kitchen to prepare a tub of hot water and a towel. 

I kneeled down beside her and started to wipe her ugly make up off. It hid her from her true self, what I had known her for. I carefully wiped away the bad and ugly things, when I saw tears leaking from her eyes. She opened her tired eyes and sat up. She put the bottle of the table and cupped my face.

"Daehyun-ah..."

"Neh, omma?" 

"Sorry for making your life so miserable....I'll work harder to earn more money to keep this house alive, neh?" Mrs Jung sobbed.

Daehyun felt something curl in his stomach as he felt the familiar sensation. He looked at his weak and frail mother, apologising once again. He hugged her and Mrs Jung could feel wet splotches on her back. Daehyun her back soothingly.

"A-ani omma....I don't want you to work so hard! Please have a break for yourself.." Daehyun stammered.

No matter how lowly Daehyun thought of his mother's job, he never thought of his mother as a . He loved her deeply and treasured her. You can say she is the only woman Daehyun had sincerely loved before.

This was one of the nights where Daehyun's mother is home. Her mother always stayed overnight at the brothel to service more people to earn more money.

They had quarreled about this before; whether Mrs Jung works there or not. It was the highest pay Mrs Jung could find..however, Daehyun disapproved. He did not want his mother to suffer and thought that his dad would not be pleased either if he was still here. 

Yura's POV

Here we go again...

"Didn't I tell you to be more careful?! Why are you always so clumsy?! Do you even know where your things are?!..............." Mrs Park nagged on and on.

You closed out her voice, tricking yourself into thinking that what Mrs  Park is doing is all for your own good. However, as what your brain always does, you though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter