o26 Night Safari

You're My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, we've reached. Get out," Daehyun told you. You walked out of the car and looked around in amazement. 

"What time is it now?" You asked, unaware of how long you slept.

"Dinner time," Daehyun winked and dragged you inside the place.

"Where are we?" 

"Night safari. Amazing, right?"

You looked around in awe and nodded. People wore glow-in-the-dark shirts and shoes. Fire lit the place. It was pretty crowded and it smelled like animals. But the atmosphere was really good and warm.

Daehyun seated you on a wooden chair and sat down across you. A waitress came and gave the menu. She was eying Daehyun the whole time. It was like she couldn't tear her eyes away. 

"A jumbo hotdog set please," Daehyun ordered politely. The waitress smiled and nodded.

"I bet you have one right under your pants too," the waitress said under her breath quietly so only she could hear it.

"Fish and chips," you said and the waitress then realised your presence and scribbled down your order. 

"Anything else?" 

Daehyun looked at you and you shook your head. The waitress sauntered away.

"Why...did you bring me here?"

"To celebrate the end of exams!" Daehyun said cheerfully.

You looked at his face carefully. His bronze skin shone under moonlight. 
The food came quickly and in big portions. You ate hungrily and your cravings were satisfied. Daehyun chuckled slightly as he saw you ate. He handed you napkin as he saw a bit of sauce stained on your lips. 

It was a really nice atmosphere. However, you were puzzled why Daehyun really brought you here. No boys did that to you before. 

"Kaja! Let's start the tour!" 

"Huh? What tour?" 

Daehyun pulled you to the queue excitedly. It was a really long queue.

"You'll see," Daehyun winked. 

"Oppa~" 

Daehyun looked to his side and saw a group of teenage girls. 

"Er...may I help you?" 

"You look like an idol! Can we take a picture with you?" 

"Sure, why not?" Daehyun said as he started to think of poses he was gonna do.
You moved out of the way awkwardly. You looked around and saw many stores lining around. You trusted Daehyun to stay in the queue while you wandered around for a while. You first walked into a store selling plushies. There were all sorts of plushies, especially cats. You shuddered and thought they looked scary. However, onrush particular cat caught your eye. A robot cat. There lies a huge Doraemon plushie sitting in a corner. You walked towards it and gave it a little squeeze. You owned no plushies but always longed for one. However, your dad didn't allow it, giving excuses that Jaehwa had irritation over soft toys.
You moved on to the next shop where you noticed a lot of couples were. That shop was selling souvenirs and photo taking services. You looked around and realised you were staring at couples. They looked so in love and the girls were so happy and-

You answered the call. 

"Yah! Where the hell are you?" Daehyun hollered over the phone.

"I'll be right back!" You quickly answered back.

You moved out of the shop and quickly found your way back. You saw Daehyun talking to the girls again. You felt something boil. He wanted you to go back but he doesn't seem to care at all. Oh well, at least it's almost our turn.

You quietly slipped back beside Daehyun. People were giving you accusing looks but you quickly told them you knew him. They still looked doubtful until Daehyun grabbed your hand. 

"Where were you?! Why didn't you tell me where you went?" Daehyun asked a little angrily. 

"Oh, I saw you talking to your friends and I didn't hav anything to do so I went into some of the shops and I- Nevermind, anyways who are they? Your secret admirers? Or what?" You tried to sound like you didn't care.

"What are you talking about?" Daehyun looked at you weirdly.

"Oh you know~" you tried to sound playful.

Daehyun grabbed your hand and interwined your fingers.

"Stop it. I don't know who they are actually," Daehyun whispered.

You shrugged your shoulders and refused to look at him. 

You tried to shake off his hand  but he held on tightly.

"What do you and Himchan do every night?" Daehyun asked curiously. He knew you wouldn't tell him everything, but at least he had to ask.

"Study, what else?" 

"What's the relationship between you and him now?" Daehyun asked again.

"Well, he's kinda like my tutor now. He's also like my big brother, I've always longed for one-"

"No, I mean, are you two dating now?" Daehyun asked slowly.

"No! Who said that?" You felt your cheeks growing warm. If that was even real....

"There were a few rumours going around. With him staying at your house and you sticking to him all the time..."

"I did not! Who the said those?"

"Be my girlfriend for the night," Daehyun whispered.

"Bwoh?!" 

"Will you be my girlfriend tonight?"

"Is this a joke? What are you up to?"

Daehyun slid his arm around your waist and you felt uneasy immediately.

"Please? Just act like one will do. Just tonight?" Daehyun pleaded.

You kept silent. How many times have you dreamt of a guy asking you to be his girlfriend? How many times have you dreamt of this scene? But why can't you answer now?

Daehyun dropped his hand in disappointment.

"Okay then..."

But as soon as his hand fell, you grabbed it and clung to his muscular arm.

"But no calling you oppa, okay? It feels kinda disgusting..."

"Really?!" The happiness shone through Daehyun's eyes. He hugged you so tightly.

"Thank you, aegi-ah!"

"But why the sudden request?"

Daehyun shrugged. "Maybe I just wanted to try it with you."

Your heart sunk. You had the teeniest hope that at least someone will have a crush on you. The teeniest hope that maybe Daehyun secretly likes you. But it was crushed immediately. What was I thinking?

"All aboard!" 

Daehyun pulled you to the tram for the tour. He immediately rushed to the back seat.

He went in first and then beckoned you to come sit beside him. Luckily, the group of teenage girls were nowhere to be seen.

As all the tourists and other couples settled themselves down in the tram, it started moving. 

"Good evening fellow people! We're starting the tour in the night safari," the tour said as her voice became quieter. "I shall go through the safety rules while you're aboard the tram. Do not alight the tram while we're on the tour. If there is any emergency, there is a first aid kit in every section of the tram. Please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter