oo3 First Night

You're My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Daehyun was leaving the hall, Youngjae shouted "Daehyun ah! Where are you going?"

"Home..?" Daehyun said.

"You're now part of our volleyball family! You can leave with us!" Yongguk said.

"Nah, it's okay!" Daehyun said and pushed open the door. Zelo dashed towards the door.

"Hyung! What's your number?"

"Ah...here," Daehyun told him his number and waved to him, leaving through the other side of the sports hall, where the boys don't leave through.

Daehyun sighed. He never really had friends in his past school. Yes, there were fangirls. But, the boys there were too jealous of him to befriend him. And to them, he was too weird. As Daehyun was walking down the stairs, he heard people talking.

"Setter...What's wrong with you?" 

Daehyun's ears perked up and he stopped.

"Sorry Coach, I'll give in my best next time"

"It's always next time. If you want to take over Hana, you better give in your best. Don't disappoint me"

"Neh"

"I only have Hana and you as a setter and both of you are not meeting my expectations. Hana is only slightly better than you. If you continue like this, I'll have to ask Sooyoung to take over you. To be honest, she is much better than you. But I would not want to put her speed and skills to waste." It felt like a thousand needles pierced through your leg. You were not really listening to Coach. He has said this many times, and most of the times, you would just blame yourself and all that, but this time, your leg was seriously bothering you. You gripped the railings of the stairs tightly and pursed your lips.

"Do you hear me?" you nodded and Coach left.

You immediately sat down and took off your shoes. Daehyun smirked and moved towards you.

"Getting scolded again huh?" Daehyun smirked. Go away. Now is not the time.

"Yah, shortie, did you hear me?" That was when Daehyun noticed the cold aura around you. You put back your shoes on your feet and tried to get away from him. 

Daehyun grabbed your hands. 

"WHAT?!" your eyes flared. 

Daehyun was taken aback by your sudden outburst. However, he tried to remain his tone. "Nobody just walk away when I'm speaking to them."

You jerked your hand back from his grasp and tried to walk away.  

KABOOM.

You shrieked as a sharp pain seared through your right leg and you lost your footing, falling down the stairs. As a normal reaction when you always fall down, you used your left leg to support yourself, protecting your already injured leg. 

"Ouch...not the other one! my life." You cursed as Daehyun's eyes widened at the scene. You bag flew out of the stairs and landed on the first floor while you were falling down and you withdrew yourself to a corner of the stairs, blowing on your left leg. Daehyun stood there rooted to the ground, not knowing what to do. You winced when you tried to stand up, falling back down. Guess walking is not a choice.

Daehyun was thinking of walking away when he was reminded of what happened to him in his previous school.

"Yah! Sissy! How dare you hookup with my girlfriend?!" 

"I-I didn't!"

"Bwoh?! How dare you deny?!"

The guy shoved him and didn't realise that Daehyun was so close to the stairs. Daehyun tumbled down the stairs and the boy widened his eyes and quickly backed away, leaving Daehyun hissing in pain.

Daehyun winced at the memory. He knew how painful it was and at that time, nobody helped him.

Daehyun blinked and shook his head, as if shaking off his past. He looked around saw nobody was around. Well I guess this is my favour I owed her for showing me around the school.

"Come," Daehyun said as he hooked your hand over his neck and his hand s around your waist, helping you up.You looked at Daehyun hesitantly and gave in, letting him help you. You were too immersed in your current situation that you forgot about your..........bag. You looked at Daehyun and felt warmth radiating from him. He isn't that bad, I guess...

Daehyun helped you out of the school and hailed a cab, asking for your address. He widened his eyes. Isn't that house just across mine?!

He tried to remain calm and helped you into the taxi. 

The taxi arrived in front of your house and Daehyun helped you to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter