o29 Day 1

You're My Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Assemble into your groups!" Mr Dan, 1A's form teacher hollored.

Apparently, only 1A and 1B will be at the camp during this 3 days and 2 nights. There were only two classes.

Minji smiled sweetly once she joined the group. Eunmi was sulking because Jongup was chatting with another chick in his group. Himchan had his hands clamped over your shoulders. He had been sticking to you since you woke up. The way Minji smiled showed something different. Daehyun had his hands in his pockets and was slouching lazily.

It was still morning. But it was ing hot.

You have just arrived at the camp. 

"This is Mr Dan, form teacher of 1A, there is a total of 12 groups amongst us, points will be given for each group for good doings or achievements, and points would be deducted for misbehaviour or similar doings. Every group is given a starting of 10 points today. We will be going for a hike later, after we pitch our tents, beside me is your instructor, Jacob, he would be teaching you how to pitch your tents. I will meet all of you later. Good luck!"

"A very good morning to everyone of you! Welcome to Sunshine Camp! As your teacher have said I am Jacob, just call me Jacob, I'm around the same age as all of you," Jacob grinned.

Jacob gave every group a number.

You were group 4.

"Now, everyone, please leave your belongings here, we'll be moving to the centre of the camp, where we will be pitching our tents."

Everyone moved towards the centre of the camp excitedly. You looked around and saw the high elements that made your palms sweat, benches and long tables, where you supposed it was the cafeteria.

"I'm going to demonstrate how to pitch your tent, look carefully! I'm not doing this twice. A group will be sleeping together, I don't want to hear any noises in the night," Jacob said, wriggling his index finger.

***

"Someone help!" You were hammering the tent down, but it wasn't working. 

"Let the expert help," Jacob winked.

"Uh, thanks."

You watched how Jacob did the trick and nodded your head.

Author's POV

Daehyun stood up and wiped his hands on the back of his shorts. He narrowed his eyes a little. Jacob was teaching Yura how to pitch the tent. The tent was a big one that could fit all five of them with extra space. It was really difficult to pitch seeing how big it was.

How old is that Jacob anyway?

After pitching that tent, it was tiring enough for you. You sat inside the tent, fixing your belongings that you had brought in earlier.

"Do anyone mind if I sleep here?" Himchan dumped his stuff beside yours, indicating that he will be sleeping next to you. Calm yo , Yura. He sleeps in the same room as you at home, it doesn't matter if he wants to sleep beside you right?

Minji took the space beside the other side of Yura and Eunmi was beside Minji. That only leaves the space beside Himchan for Daehyun. When Daehyun went into the tent, he shrugged and threw his bag beside Himchan and left.

Yura frowned upon seeing this. He's supposed to be my good friend...right?

Jacob was blowing a whistle outside.

"Assemble!"

You walked out of the tent with Himchan following close behind you.

"10 points to group 8 who were here first!" 

Group 8 pumped their fists in the air and cheered.

Daehyun groaned. "What's with this stupid score system?"

You nudged Daehyun. 

"Hey, its camp! Enjoy."

Daehyun shrugged.

"These are my fellow colleagues, who will be your instructors, Stella, Harry and Isaiah," Jacob grinned will each of them smiled and waved.

"See there?" Jacob pointed. "We'll be having out hike there, everyone prepare in 5 minutes! It will be a short hike, nothing much to prepare."

Yura hated hikes. And runs.

It was supposed to be a hike, but why were they running towards the instructor? 

Oh right, because Eunmi wants the points.

"Run!" Eunmi shrieked as Yura were all the way behind.

That's the reason why Yura hated runs. It was because she was not fast enough.

"C'mon, you can do it," Himchan said as he turned around to face you.

You smiled and ran the fastest you could.

"10 points to group 12!"

"It was all your fault!" Eunmi glared at you.

"Yah, it's not her fault," Daehyun defended you. 

"No?" Eunmi snickered. "Oh right, so it's mine?"

"Eunmi, don't. Sorry Daehyun ssi," Minji apologised. 

That's how she got everyone falling before her.

"Daehyun will do," Daehyun smiled at her. Yura flinched.

"It will be a short half an hour hike, to wake everyone up, then we will have our lunch," Isaiah said.

Everyone groaned.

"Aww, c'mon! It'll be fun!" Jacob started cheering and jumping.

Throughout the hike, Yura were kept silent to conserve energy.

But it wouldn't help at all if you stored anger caged inside your heart.

Sora and Hana were giggling throughout the whole hike.

"Are you tired?" Daehyun asked.

"No."

"Lies," Daehyun replied.

"If you're so smart, why did you ask?" Yura looked at him. Daehyun had been cold towards her this morning and Yura had every right to be too.

"Because I had to make sure my trainee has to be fit," Daehyun smiled.

Oh right.

Yura had completely forgotten about Daehyun's want to coach her for volleyball.

"You know..." Yura started.

"But I want to," Daehyun said simply.

"Fine, but I'll promise you I'm not a good trainee to train," Yura said.

"Who's training who?" Minji asked. 

Oh . Great.

Yura hung her head low.

"Oh, some tuition for Yura," Daehyun smiled at Minji.

"Ah, I see," Minji replied, as if she was deep in thought.

"Train what?" Himchan poked in.

Yura rolled her eyes and pushed Himchan away along with herself.

"Nothing you need to know," Yura said.

Once she walked away from Daehyun, she regretted because at that moment, Minji was chatting with Daehyun well. Eunmi was with Jongup, so Minji had to find someone.

"Oppa, I feel tired," Yura said.

"We're heading back already, 15 more minutes to go, you can do it! Come, oppa will cheer you all the way," Himchan did a funny pump with both fists in the air.

Yea, just hang on.

"Deep breath in, enjoy the greenery! It's not everyday you get to hike in the nature. It's a break from all the books, right?" Himchan patted your back.

"Yea, thanks oppa," Yura said.

"For what?"

"Everything."

The hike was really draining Yura's energy and Himchan kept on encouraging her when she feel like she's about to give up. He had been sticking to her all the time, pushing away other people that comes to talk to him. Although he keeps talking to Yura, she felt bad for not replying most of the time. Yura had to conserve your energy. While she's at the back with Himchan, she can see Daehyun and Minji chatting up like good old friends a few students in front of you. 

After the torturous 15 minutes, they were finally back at the camp.

"It wasn't so bad, isn't it?" Himchan asked.

"Yea..." Yura laughed.

"I know most of you are already hungry, but let's do a short 3km run shall we?" Jacob grinned, arms akimbo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter