Day 2

Marry the Princess, they Said

Day 2.

I do not like shifting blames, but the Royal Sage Dongwan seemed to have failed in thinking over how this journey is going to transpire. He did not give me any necessary materials in advance to survive in this world nor any relevant information about it, so I do not know how to go about doing things.

I have repeatedly contacted him for help (as I do not even know how to speak the language of this land!), and I did find out though that he could also send me materials through the magical crystal ball, a necessary detail for which I am thankful. I at least do not need to worry about living in this world, except trying to fit in and, of course, finding the Princess.

The Royal Sage Dongwan has informed me that he sent the Princess to this world when she was merely 10 years old, which would then make her around my age by now, albeit a year or so younger. The Royal Revolution did take quite a while, as you would expect. How old am I, you ask? I am 22 years old, which would make the Princess 21-22 years old. Ah, how certain I am that she must be a great beauty now! I long to find her and bring her back to our world, so she may get reacquainted with her kin, and lead us all gracefully towards a better future. And how I long to hold her in my arms and rightfully call her mine! That seems but a dream so long ago, but is now at the verge of coming true, at the very end of my fingertips.

Though at the very end of my fingertips lies a vast land filled with curious contraptions and a confusing way of life, so I do not know how long it will take to find her. I may take months, I may take (heaven forbid) years. But I will take as long as necessary to find my precious Princess.

The Royal Sage Dongwan seems to be quite acquainted with this world. He has sent me the most curious of materials that he insists I would need- some form of rectangular paper that he says is the currency here (why people prefer paper instead of gold, I would never know; but then again, that is really none of my business), a map showing the possible places the Princess might have landed based on his oracle readings (though I cannot for the life of me know where or what these places are), a book that he insists I could use to communicate with the people; but he neglected to show me how to use it (I browsed through it, and it shows some of the commonly used words iin this world, and translates it into the language spoken here; I looked up the contents, and 'waterfall' apparently falls into that category- I assume there are many waterfalls here?), a bottle of a strong-smelling substance that he insists I spray on myself, and a small box of mints. I do not know what I would need a box of mints for, but… well, I cannot question his intentions.

I do have a feeling, though, that the Royal Sage Dongwan might be amused with leading me on like this. I do not want to disrespect a person with position, but I feel as though he is purposely withholding necessary information from me to see how I would get myself out of this predicament. I do not know for sure, but there is that inner, nagging feeling that would not cease to bother me.

I attempted to use the curious little book to communicate with the locals; unfortunately, no one could help me. Quite a few of them gave me not very pleasant looks, and most of them were merely as confused as I am. After about a few hours, I gave up, knowing that doing such a futile thing would not bear any fruitful result. So I opted instead on trying to read the map that he had bequeathed upon me, and after walking for a few hours finding nothing, led me right back to where I have started.

I know I am in the wrong, but I am starting to get utterly frustrated. I did know that this quest was not going to be easy; but somehow, riding out into the battlefield to rescue a fallen comrade surrounded by a dozen enemies is far easier than searching for a needle in a haystack, or rather, a Royal Princess in a vast unknown land, which is what I am doing. The former involves having a clear goal and a clear destination; but the latter involves going in circles as if I am a dog chasing its own tail- a clear goal, but no destination and no way how to achieve it.

The thought of the beautiful Princess Andia as my bride is the only thing keeping me going. If I am to find her in this world, I figure that I would have to secure my basic needs first- if the Royal Sage Dongwan would not help me, then I will help myself. I have survived countless wars and became the King’s royal advisor through my own merits despite my young age; I have not failed him before, and I will not fail him now.