Day 21

Marry the Princess, they Said
Day 21.
 
Our last day in this world has finally come.
 
I am lying if I said that I will not miss this world. I truly will, for it was here that I have spent nearly a month, and I have learned many things that I otherwise would not have been exposed to if I stayed in Shinhwaland. It is a good place. Though nothing can ever replace home, so I am more than excited to finally go back.
 
The Royal Sage Dongwan has sent me a message earlier that the contraption designed to bring us back will be ready in the mid-afternoon. I do hope that he keeps his word; though the sooner I get back, the sooner I can depose him.
 
I told the Prince of these arrangements, and he in turn replied that he is completely ready. I asked him if he wants to bring anything with him from this world. He told me that he has packed everything already, and gestured to a single bag neatly set on the 'couch'; it was small, barely fitting anything, but I did not ask of its contents. Though he is my lover, it would still be audacious of me to meddle in his personal affairs.
 
However, I would like to think that he saw the question in my eyes, as he freely told me himself what the bag contained. He told me that it contained mostly his childhood memories from here, journals that he had filled and various 'photographs' (I assume that it is a painting of some sort?) that depict his fondest memories. He also put various contraptions that he is sure going to miss; not to use them, but as a remembrance of his technology-filled existence. I laughed, as I am sure the Prince is indeed going to miss that. He did tell me that he is quite excited to learn how to ride a horse, though.
 
We fell silent for a few moments as we looked around the now seemingly empty house. I cannot believe that my quest is now finally over; and his is just beginning. Once again, that small pang of guilt that has been gnawing at me returned, because I cannot help but feel that I am taking something away from the Prince that he can never get back. I cleared my throat to get his attention, and then ask him, once more, if this is what he truly wants; because if he wants to back down, then he can do it now.
 
He then told me that he is, indeed, scared and nervous because he does not know what might happen in our world. He is still quite apprehensive towards some things. But he told me these feelings are natural- just like my guilt that he knows is still in me no matter how much he reassures me (I swear, the Prince can read me very well), since he is venturing into the unknown. However, he also reassured me that he trusts me, and he knows that I will not abandon him to fend for his own once we get back.
 
I could not help but feel so much like and admiration for the Prince, for being so understanding, kind, and brave. In that moment, I could feel as though my heart had soared to the heavens, as his soothing voice and equally comforting words reached even the deepest recesses of my soul. I plant a long kiss on his forehead (I still cannot muster the courage to try and kiss him on the lips; perhaps when we get back), and when I pulled away he was looking at me with loving eyes.
 
I asked him if he would like to say goodbye to his foster parents one last time before we finally go. He quietly replied that he would like that, but to my surprise, he also told me to go with him. How could I say no to such an urgent request? Even though I know it is not my place, I could not flat out deny him this order, for it would not only mean disobeying him, but also disregarding his feelings for me.
 
And so we began to walk slowly, taking our time, as this is the last time we shall be traversing this path. I reached for his hand; thankfully, he did not pull away even though there are many people around. I suppose he does not care for what people think anymore, since he is going away. Sure enough, as we walked down the road hand in hand, there were many people who did not even attempt to hide their judgmental contempt. I see the look of disgust on their faces, and I did not understand; nor do I have any reason nor want to. Let them stare! I am with the Prince; I am his, he is mine, and I am proud of that fact.
 
However, pretty soon, I began to feel that something is not right in the air. This is the same road that we had taken the other day; however, something felt amiss. I stopped the Prince in his tracks, to which he looked up at me in surprise; having no time to explain, I told him to trust me as I brought out the crystal ball.
 
There was nothing.
 
But I still could not trust it, though. I pulled the Prince close to me and looked around carefully, examining every person that passed us by. I have never felt this way before, and I certainly do not have super instincts or magical powers; however, the King has valued me for the fact that I can somehow sense impending doom quite accurately, and because of that 'ability', I had saved our kingdom from surprise attacks quite a number of times.
 
We continued to walk in relative peace, and just when I thought that I may have been wrong, he appeared in front of us.
 
Hi, Andy-ya! Who's your friend there?
 
The evil Lord Minwoo.