Day 16

Marry the Princess, they Said

Day 16.

Being romantically involved with the Prince has made me face my day in a completely new perspective.

It was as if something snapped in me overnight, like a dam overflowing with love that finally cracked, releasing a torrent of pent up feelings. Suddenly, I could not get enough of the Prince. There was a pressing need to see his smile, a pressing need to imprison him in my warm embrace at least once a day, a pressing need to be with him at all times.

I am addicted, addicted to this wonderful feeling that the Prince is making me feel. I am drowning in his beauty, his perfection. I still cannot fathom the fact that he is mine, and I am his.

I do not know if I should call these feelings love yet, however. The Royal Sage Dongwan did specifically say "only true love's kiss" can turn him back into the Princess; I do not know if what I am feeling for him is true love enough. However, all I do know is that I am extremely fond of him, as he makes my day. I feel as though he is the final piece of the puzzle to my life, and finally, I am complete once more.

I saunter into the kitchen, and sure enough, he was already up and awake making breakfast for the two of us. Somehow, even though it was just overnight, the air around us changed significantly. He smiled at me; I smile back, our expressions conveying our feelings that we did not need to convert into words.

My fondness for the Prince makes me do actions I normally would not indulge in. I walked over to where he was and pulled him into a tight hug from behind, kissing the back of his neck as I did so. I could feel him relaxing in my arms, as he leaned into me slightly, his soft hair tickling my chin. He smelled faintly of strawberries; it might be the curious, viscous liquid that he washes his hair with (which he calls 'shampoo', as he once told me). That little bit of interaction with him felt like heaven.

Somehow, he managed to finish cooking even with me clinging onto him like that. He pulled away (though I swear I could feel his reluctance) and ordered me to go sit down at the table with a laugh, scolding me about how I had to learn to keep my distance when he is working. However, we both know that that would not lead to anywhere, as I know that he loved that sweet gesture just as much as I love being near him at all times.

I offered to walk him to his workplace, which he of course accepted. However, he gave me a serious warning that I should limit my affections towards him in public, as romantic relationships between two people of the same gender is frowned upon in this world. I was surprised when he said so, since it was a normal thing in Shinhwaland; however, as it is in my nature, I obey without question. I still cannot defy Royalty after all, even though said Royalty is now my significant other half.

The walk to his workplace felt different, though. It was as if everything suddenly turned into a romantic setting overnight. I held his hand discreetly, out of sight from prying eyes; to others, it would just seem as though we are two friends who were walking in close proximity to each other, but in reality, I kept our intertwined hands hidden in my coat. We finally reached his workplace and I reluctantly let go; how I wish I could prevent him from working, but alas, I cannot. He has expressed desire in continuing to work even though I told him that the Royal Sage Dongwan could provide us with currency, and since that is his personal wish, I could not meddle.

Somehow, time seemed to pass by more slowly this time. Back when I had not sorted out my feelings, I could wait for the Prince at a nearby 'café' for hours while not noticing the passage of time. However, now that I want to be with him every single waking moment, the hours could not pass by any slower. I do not know how many cups of coffee I had drank. I am regretting it now as it is currently dawn while I am writing this; those cups have indeed kept me up.

I opted to walk around more, trying to make time pass by faster. I once again pass by a flower shop, and as I looked around a certain bunch made me smile. Hibiscus. Delicate beauty. It might be inappropriate of me to describe the Prince in such a way; however, I really do think that he is a beauty in his own way. He may not be the Princess, but in my eyes, he is just as beautiful. The shopkeeper arranged it in a nice bouquet for me, and I promised to pick it up on our way home, as we will be passing by this place.

Finally, he is done. I resist the urge to come running to him and swing him around in my arms. I merely smiled, and he smiled back, our form of communication that only us could understand. We passed by the shop and I picked up the flowers; his eyes shot up to mine in question, but I opted to give them to him after we had arrived home.

He asked me, in an amused tone, why he is suddenly being showered with flowers; I said that it is because I am sending him various messages through them. It seems as though the Prince is not well versed in the language of flowers. I grin to myself, as this would mean that I can then send him secret messages that he would not be able to find out until he researches it himself. I am sure that I am going to have fun with this little bit of information.

Suddenly, he invited me to go outside with him once more; I inquired as to where we could possibly go at that time of the night, and he told me that there were plenty of places that we could frequent. I complied, thinking nothing of it, as he stepped out before I did. I grabbed his scarf and gloves off the 'couch', which he had neglected to bring along in his excitement.

However, the minute I stepped out of the door, a snowball landed squarely on my shoulder. I looked at him incredulously, blinking in confusion as he was giggling like a little kid. There was never a point in time that he had looked truly adorable (is that sacrilegious of me to say about Royalty? I shall accept any punishment, as nothing can refrain me from referring to him as 'adorable' from now on). I grinned as I ran towards him at full speed, lunging at him as we laughed while rolling through the snow.

I managed to put the scarf and gloves on him, before I was quickly attacked with a barrage of snowballs. I fought back with all my might, with our loud laughter and happiness reverberating throughout the otherwise quiet night.

We played in the snow for about half an hour, until it became apparent that we had to head back in due to the drop in temperature. I approached the Prince as I draped my coat over him, before leading him back inside. Once we were once safely out of the cold, I went to the kitchen to prepare some hot chocolate, which he gratefully took and drank. He sat close to me the entire time, which he said was for the purpose of sharing body heat; however, we both know otherwise.

Our eyes met once more, as he flashed me his beautiful smile. It seems as though he knows that I love it when he does so. I could not be more fond of him as he continues to indulge me in his beauty. I wrap one arm around his shoulders, pulling him close to me; he snuggled in, his body fitting in perfectly in mine. I plant a kiss on top of his head, which he responded with a satisfied grunt as he gave my thigh a playful squeeze. Soon, silence befell the room as the Prince fell sound asleep in my arms.

If this is how 'like' feels, then how much more would 'love'?

I am truly excited to find out.