Day 8

Marry the Princess, they Said
Day 8.
 
One week and a day has passed since I came here to this strange world.
 
And in that one week, I have accomplished exactly nothing, save for the fact that I have now located the Princess, and found out that she has been turned into a Prince.
 
If I am back in our world, I would have accomplished many, many things within that time frame. I think that I would have better served my King if I stayed instead of going on this futile quest.
 
However, I cannot fail. This is a job that has been assigned to me. I refuse to fail my King and my country.
 
I have also stopped asking the Royal Sage Dongwan for help. I no longer feel that he is someone worthy of my trust. He has not been of any help to me. I only speak to him now for reporting purposes; but I have long given up on asking for any sort of assistance.
 
I am on my own; therefore, I will accomplish this by my own methods.
 
Thankfully, the crystal ball is now of great use to me. It helps me track the Prince's whereabouts at all times. The Royal Sage Dongwan informed me (belatedly, as usual) of this particular function. The crystal ball now acts as a map with a moving pointer that indicates where the Prince is currently located. Even more convenient, the place names have actually been translated into our language for once! I thank the heavens for this marvelous device. With how incompetent the Royal Sage Dongwan has been, I cannot deny the fact that he did make such a useful contraption.
 
I spend my day following the Prince around, observing his everyday life and contemplating on how to convince him to come with me. It seems as though he lives a quiet, modest life in this world, and is happy and content. I would hate to have to bring him back and suddenly saddle his shoulders with responsibilities that he has never had to carry before, but alas, it is necessary. The King and Queen couldn't possibly produce another heir at their age, and to leave the fate of the Kingdom in the hands of someone who is not from the Royal Bloodline would be blasphemy.
 
However, thinking about this, I also realize that the Prince is now going to be incapable of producing heirs if he is forced to be married to me. Which means that 'true love's first kiss' needs to happen immediately, so that he may turn back into a Princess.
 
Ah, what am I saying. I cannot even bring myself to fall in love with him; how can I then convince him to fall in love with me? This is an impossible task. I am at a loss for how to solve it.
 
The Prince has spotted me right now, in front of the 'café' we always frequent. I must go-- I shall do my best to convince the Prince once more.
 
 
 
 
----
A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates, guys! Will be double/triple update today to make up for all days I didn't update, so stay tuned throughout the day/night xD
 
Also, check out the poster on the foreword, if you haven't already. IT'S GLORIOUS AND AMAZING AND JUST PURE CRACK OKAY. MusicChibi is awesome like that.