Day 6

Marry the Princess, they Said
Day 6.
 
This mission... is going to prove even harder than I thought it was going to be. In fact, to say 'harder' would be an understatement.
 
Once again, I am at a loss on what to do. I thought that everything would be all right once I meet the Princess; I had anticipated that it would take a little bit of convincing her about her true heritage and the fact that she belongs to another world despite having been here all her life, but I was so sure that she was going to go with me eventually, and then we shall be off to Shinhwaland once more, where she will claim her rightful place as heir to the throne and as my lovely wife.
 
But two things have foiled that perfect thought:
 
One, the Princess turned out to be a Prince.
 
Two, it is going to take an infinitely higher amount of patience and time to convince not only him, but myself included, that he is the one and only heir to the throne of Shinhwaland.
 
I demanded the right to talk to the King and Queen, which the Royal Sage Dongwan has granted upon me. They are just as surprised at the turn of events as I am; though with all of us gathered at once, the Royal Sage Dongwan has revealed the reason for this shocking twist.
 
It seems the same contraption that brought me to this world has done more than disorient the Princess- it has affected even her gender, and her memories as well. He says that he did not know the effects of the contraption would be stronger with a child; he suspected that because of her memory loss, she had neglected to drink the herbal medicine (which turned out to be a magical liquid that miraculously makes everything in one's system all right once more) that he had provided, which made things worse... and semi-permanent.
 
Apparently, there is one way for the Princess to regain her memories (and her gender) back.
 
His next words, though, almost made me run for the faraway lands.
 
True love's kiss.
 
WHY IS THIS SLOWLY BECOMING A DISTORTED FAIRYTALE? I did NOT want this to happen. I would not have minded if the Princess was, oh, a PRINCESS. But he is a PRINCE.
 
I was promised a princess!
 
So why do I get a prince?!
 
I wanted to refuse and run away from it all, but taking one look at the kindly King Eric and Queen Hyesung, who had both taken me in and made me their most trusted right hand man and royal advisor, and I could not do it. They had put all of their faith and trust in me- and the fate of Shinhwaland lies in the fact if I choose to continue with this mission or not.
 
I have no choice. I cannot betray my King and Queen, and especially not my country.
 
I can now truly say that I am at a loss, because how do I capture the Prince's heart? I cannot merely saunter up to him and say "Greetings, I am your true love. May I have your lips?" It does not happen that way, nor do I want it to happen that way. It is true that Prince Andy is quite good-looking, but I fell for the PRINCESS, not the Prince. And I am quite sure that the King and Queen would not have forced me to marry him if he indeed was a Prince.
 
Oh, if it was not for the oh-so wonderful work of the Royal Sage Dongwan, who has done nothing but wonderfully succeed in everything (sense the sarcasm cutting cleanly through my words), these marvelous turn of events would not have transpired. It is all thanks to his wit and foresight that this has all happened.
 
How? How will I go about with this impossible mission?
 
I weep.