Day 13

Marry the Princess, they Said

Day 13.

Quite frankly, I do not know what to say.

A strange feeling seems to have overcome me.

As far as I know, I am not sick. I am feeling quite well, and I can move just fine.

However, my heartbeat suddenly increases in pace, and I find it hard to breathe sometimes.

Oddly, it only happens when I am around the Prince, which has puzzled me to the very core.

Could it be because we are finally getting closer?

However, as I cannot verify any of these speculations, I put it aside for the day. I failed to wake up early enough this morning to bring the Prince to his workplace, so I am planning to make up for my grave mistake by waiting for him so I can walk him home.

I made sure to bring an extra pair of gloves this time, just in case.

I am spending my time in a 'café' near the Prince's workplace, when the Royal Sage Dongwan suddenly contacted me. I was puzzled, since he has not initiated contact in a long time.

Thankfully, it is nothing important or grave. He merely wanted to check up on my progress. I tell him that everything is going by smoothly in terms of my relationship with the Prince. I also tell him that we are now residing under the same roof, to which he expressed utter surprise. I thought that he would scold me; but he thankfully let the issue go as he realized that it would indeed make my quest to bring him back easier.

However, he also informed me that I should bring the Prince back as soon I can. There is no time limit still, he emphasized, but it will be better for the Prince to come back as soon as possible. I became alarmed, thinking that he might be covering up for something grave, like the King being sick or any of the sort; but when the King himself greeted me energetically, I thank the heavens that the Royal Sage Dongwan seems to be telling the truth for once.

It puzzled me, however, that he would call me for such a trivial thing. Once again, I think nothing of it, as I wait for the time to pass by.

Finally, after only a few more hours, the Prince was finally out. He was very much surprised when I showed up in front of his workplace, and asked if I plan to make this a daily occurrence; I reply in the affirmative, and this seemed to satiate him as a beautiful, soft smile played on his lips. I felt my breath hitch in my throat the moment he gave me such a smile; and in that moment, I could think of nothing more beautiful or pleasant than he.

Did... I write that?

I do not know why I describe the Prince using such words; however, they seem to just flow out of me naturally. And when I do, I feel my heart skip just the slightest bit. I really do not understand. Perhaps I should get checked by the local physician some time.

We once again walk home, as the Prince seems to be very fond of walking home in the snow. It is too cold for my liking, but I dare not leave his side nor say anything. We do not have the right to complain to Royalty, after all. He looked up at me (again, my breath is caught in my throat; oh, those beautiful, piercing, calculating eyes), then, without saying anything, he reached into his bag and wrapped a bright orange scarf around my neck with a smile. Now I realize why I had been so cold; I had forgotten mine. For reasons unknown, wearing something that the Prince owns not only warms my body, but also my heart. I smile back at him, words not finding their way to my mouth yet, as I am confident that he understood my gratitude.

For some reason, this particular walk with the Prince feels... different. I can feel something different in the air, with him, with me. But I cannot quite put my finger on it.

I then suddenly realize, I am no longer persuading the Prince to go back with me. Yet somehow I do not feel harassed nor worried in any way. I feel... content, just to stay by his side, no matter what world we are living in.

I do not understand. I truly do not understand my feelings.