Day 18

Marry the Princess, they Said
Day 18.
 
The Royal Sage Dongwan has called me once more.
 
Odd, since this never happened before. I am usually the first one to contact him, and yet, he has called me for no reason other than to check if I am doing all right.
 
I am getting incredibly suspicious. I demand that he put the King on the line, which he did; I breathe out a sigh of relief, finding that he is, indeed, doing well. If it is not the King, then what could be the problem? The Royal Sage Dongwan always insists that it there is nothing. However, my intuition tells me otherwise. There is something happening, and it is not a good thing.
 
However, I decide to let it go for now since the Royal Family seems to be safe. After all, their well-being is my priority above all else. Once more, the Royal Sage Dongwan sent me another box of mints; I do not know what he wishes me to do with them, so I finally got around to asking (since he has not given me any in a long time, and I was reminded of it only today). He merely answered that it is for me to eat, but I am not buying it. I finally coax the real answer out of him- and he said it is in preparation for when I am to kiss the Prince.
 
I almost double over in shock, demanding why he would even suggest that I do such a thing. He calmly explained the part about "true love's kiss" which will turn the Prince back into a Princess, something I had conveniently forgotten about in that moment. I then tell him that I am not sure if what I am feeling for him is love, and when I answered his questions about the symptoms, he tells me that I am, indeed, in love.
 
But is it true love? I asked. And he replied in the affirmative. He pointed out that if I gave the Prince purple lilacs, which are precious flowers for they signify my giving away my heart fully for the first time, then that means that I love him truly. I ponder over his words, thinking that he might be right. Maybe I should just kiss the Prince, and find out.
 
After all, if it happens that it is not true love yet, I can kiss him again anyway when my heart finally figures it out, I am sure.
 
The Prince has gone out today to sort out his last duties and responsibilities, as he had confidently told me this morning that he does want to go back, and has not changed his mind one bit. In a few days, we are going to be off to Shinhwaland. I did not mention this to the Royal Sage Dongwan though, as I want him to be surprised until the very last day. I want to go back when he least expects it. It is his last test of competence- if he is not able to bring me and the Prince back in time, I will see to it that he is replaced by someone far more suitable for his position.
 
I glance at the time contraption hanging on the wall; it is fairly late, and the Prince has not yet been back. I figured that he must be taking the whole day to say goodbye to his family here. I did not tag along as a sign of reverence. I am sure that he must have preferred to go alone rather than have me by his side.
 
And then suddenly, without my expecting it, the crystal ball flashed violently and filled the whole room with light, blinding me for a few seconds. When I came to, I frantically stumbled to the crystal ball to check what happened, and to my horror it was flashing red! I did not know what it meant, so I contacted the Royal Sage Dongwan immediately. For some reason, my message could not go through and he is not able to answer! I figured that the crystal ball must be malfunctioning and I cannot contact the Royal Sage at this time, so I quickly scanned the map for the location of the Prince and found that the dot is moving along at a rapid pace.
 
Almost as if the Prince is running away from something.
 
This could only mean one thing: the Prince is in danger.
 
I do not have time to write the rest of this entry; I shall relay everything in another entry tomorrow. For now, I must attend to the Prince!
 
 
 
 
------
A/N: I've decided to update with two entries per day as much as I can, so that this fic can move along fast, since I have a ton of other ongoing fics to pay attention to. ^^;; Hope you guys don't mind!