Day 11

Marry the Princess, they Said

Day 11.

The Prince has graciously invited me to come and live with him.

Though the rules of my world dictate that I cannot accept the offer, he had so kindly insisted. He reasoned that even though we have not known each other for long, it does not change the fact that we have become fast friends and also the fact that he has an extra room in his humble abode.

I argue no further, as I am sure their Majesties would not oppose as I am trying to get the Prince to come back to our world. And living with him and gradually bonding with him will bring me much closer to that goal, as it would be much easier for me to interact with him on a daily basis.

He has gone off to work, and I am currently left alone in the house. With no other options, I risked going outside and exploring. I was quite confident that I would not get lost, as I do have adequate knowledge on using the 'bus' and the crystal ball shall act as my map that will further aid my going back home.

This world is truly an interesting place. Various contraptions and technologies of every imaginable scale could be found everywhere. There are many, many things that I have not seen before; and quite frankly, to try and describe everything I have seen in words is impossible. There are no words to describe such an amazing sight.

I will surely miss this world when we come back, that I will not deny.

I spend almost the whole day out, as the Prince had told me that he does not go back home until nighttime. I do not know exactly what time it is, but I am guessing that it must be near the end of the day, as I can see the sun setting just beyond the horizon. It seems harder to spot the sky and the stars in this city though, as the towering houses (I have to remember to ask the Prince at some point for the proper term to call those curious things) often cover them. I had been frequenting a different 'café' all this time, so I now stand up to go. However, one glance on the crystal ball tells me that the Prince has stayed in one place for far too long, and it is not his house.

I stare at it for a few moments, willing for it to move. It usually moves back and forth to indicate that he is moving around, as his job requires him to do. However, the spot has stayed in one place for too long. Far too long.

I do not have a good feeling about this.

I quickly run, only taking my eyes off the crystal ball every now and then as I glance up occasionally to watch where I am going. I apologize profusely to people I bump into, but I do not waste any time. It felt like I had been running for a long time, but the dot still refused to move. I finally stop in front of what seems to be his workplace, where I see there are stacks upon stacks of boxes all lined up neatly in rows throughout the huge room. I could feel my heartbeat increasing, the gnawing feeling of worry continually overtaking my senses. Finally, I found him at the end of the row of boxes, sprawled out on the floor looking like he was dead.

Fear and panic and dread set to me all at once as I run to where he is, looking around for anyone else who was there. However, there was no one! How could they leave my precious Prince all alone!?

I instantly reached his side and shook him awake, as I heard my loud and frantic voice reverberate throughout the large room calling his name over and over. I checked for his temperature, but he was all right; I checked for any blows, and there are none (thankfully). I grew panicked every second that passed that he did not open his eyes, and I was just about to call the Royal Sage Dongwan for help when I saw his eyes slowly open, looking up at me though they were unfocused. I called his name out once more, and slowly they focused back to my face, inquiring as to why I was there as he tried to sit up.

It was as though my body was detached from my brain at that moment, as I pulled him close to me and hugged him tightly, my whole body still shaking from nervousness. At that moment, I realized. I realized that I could not bear the thought of losing my Prince. It was not duty that drove me here; but my personal feelings. I did not go to him for the sake of my duty or my quest; I went to him because I was genuinely worried that something bad might have befallen him.

And on that day, I silently vowed that I would protect him from any harm forever, be he a Prince or a Princess.

He inquired as to why I was here and why I was acting strange, pointing out the fact that I am hugging him to the point where he could not breathe. I let him go a little, though I still kept him close, not caring that we were both huddled up in the middle of his workplace. I explain to him how I had known that he was lying here unconscious, and then proceeded to ask him why he had fallen. He told me that he did not remember, as he was stacking boxes at one point and woke up in my arms the next. I chalked it up to a box accidentally falling on him; however, I did not see any misplaced boxes around him, and there is no bump on his head that I know of. I dismiss it for later though, as all that mattered was that the Prince was all right.

I insisted on taking him home, though he talked about 'shifts' and other things I could not understand. He gave up finally, and instead followed my words. We rode on the 'bus' once more. I would have normally taken a seat that is directly across him as we are not allowed to sit with Royalty, but not this time. I figured that a few rules about mingling with Royalty could be broken as long as we are in this world, as I cautiously sat down beside him on the bus. He did not protest; in fact, he welcomed the gesture. We talked for a while, mostly speculating about why he fainted, and concluded that it must have been fatigue. He fell asleep a few moments later, with his head resting gently upon my shoulder.

I smile as my hand finds its way to his, giving it a little squeeze before I intertwine our fingers together. This... may not be so bad, after all.