Day 4

Marry the Princess, they Said
Day 4.
 
There is still no sign of her Royal Highness.
 
The crystal ball has not flashed once, not even in a fleeting moment, as I walk around aimlessly.
 
It has only been four days, but I am starting to tire.
 
The Royal Sage Dongwan has done nothing to uplift my spirits. He has sent me another mound of paper currency and more mints, but otherwise he has not given me any useful information. He said that I should rest, get myself acquainted with this world first, but I do not see the point in that because I would rather find the Princess quickly than to stay longer here, and to do that I have to use every single precious minute of my waking hours searching for her.
 
I am quite sure there is a more effective way than waiting for my crystal ball to flash. I asked the Royal Sage Dongwan if it has some teleportation or telepathic powers, but he assured me that it does not. Why could he not give me a more useful contraption? Better yet, why could he not give me more useful advice?
 
I feel as though I am not getting anywhere. Through following the kind stranger's instructions, I have figured out for myself how to work the 'bus' contraption. Through the use of the book, I have also figured out how to read the map, as I use the 'bus' contraption to go from one point to another. I am starting to learn how to survive, and I must say that I am quite proud of my ability to adapt to a situation very quickly (not meaning to brag, of course).
 
I alight at the next bus stop, which according to my map is another one of the points. Suddenly, my crystal ball starts vibrating (which indicates a message from the Royal Sage Dongwan) and I answer it, hopeful for an advice.
 
What I get instead, is a new map. According to him, his oracle powers have proven fickle and did not give him the correct points at first.
 
Aaaaaaaaaaah!!!!
 
I grit my teeth in anger as I park myself in a nearby 'café', trying to make sense of the new map and the new points. I would not even dare express my frustrations, as it might end in very unpleasant things being said. I have to calm myself down, and think rationally as to figure out where I might go next.
 
One of the points on the map showed a familiar place, and to my surprise it is the point where I had come from! Where the crystal ball flashed for the very first time!
 
Of course, why did I not think of staying there and looking around? The Princess would not have gone very far. I plan to start at the café where the kind stranger had brought me, as I might chance upon her being there once more.
 
I make for the 'bus' contraption once more, memorizing how to get there at this point. It seemed easier and more convenient to get around in this world, it seems. My heart starts pounding in my chest, fast, as I think of what awaits me.
 
Would I find the Princess today, or would I not?