Day 3

Marry the Princess, they Said
Day 3.
 
With the mound of paper money that the Royal Sage Dongwan has bequeathed upon me, I have managed to secure my basic needs such as temporary shelter and food. It amazes me how mere rectangular pieces of paper could have so much value that it can afford the basic necessities of these people.
 
Going back to the topic at hand- I have now started my quest in earnest. If the Royal Sage Dongwan does not properly assist me, then I shall take matters into my own hands. I walk around the city, trying to find someone who is patient enough to try and understand my pleas for help, but to no avail. If someone could point out to me where I am on the map, and show me a possible route that I can take to go to one of the points marked on the map, I am quite sure I would know where I am going. If I concentrate on one area for the time being then move on when I do not find the Princess, then I will find her royal highness in due time.
 
I approach an oncoming passerby, a man who is about the same age as I am, yet with kind eyes and a no-nonsense nature. Armed with my little book, I asked him about what I want to know as best as I can. We were both confused, trying to communicate in a language that we do not share, when he all of a sudden put a hand on my arm and beckoned me to a nearby place. I assumed that he was taking me to a point on the map, but from what I could make from his speech, he explained that he merely wanted to bring me to this... 'café', so that he may better try to understand and help me. I notice my crystal ball blinking; that has not happened before in the 3 days I have held it, but I assume it must mean that the Royal Sage Dongwan is waiting to give me a message. It may seem disrespectful, but I am quite certain that when I explain myself later when I talk to him he surely will understand why I could not talk to him right away, as this man could bring me one step closer to my quest.
 
I am quite grateful that someone in this vast, busy city would take his time to help a stranger like me. I easily complied, sitting on the chair opposite him as I looked around in curiosity. In Shinhwaland, the only place where people converged were at parties and the local wineries and little side eateries, but never in such a fancy place as this. Only those born of royal blood could experience something akin to this atmosphere- but not common people, as it seems in this world. I switch my attention back to the man, he was pointing out a route in a strange language that I did not understand, seemingly forgetting that we could not communicate. He quickly realized his mistake though, as he apologized (I assume he apologized; he bowed his head towards me and spoke in quite a sheepish tone) and beckoned for the book in my hands. Through using the curious little book, he managed explain in my language where I currently am, and how far I would need to walk to get on the next point. He was oddly good at speaking my language, almost as if it was his native tongue, but I assume it must be because he understood how to use the book better than I can. Going back to the topic at hand, he seemed surprised that I expressed interest in walking to my destination, though, as he said that I could merely take this contraption called a 'bus', which would magically take me there in no time at all. He instructed me as best as he can on how to use and take the bus, and I took notes of it on the margins of this journal.
 
Thanking him profusely and bowing towards him in the manner they seem to do here, we both parted ways as he stood out and went out of this supposed 'café', giving me a final wave as he made his way to his destination. I stayed a little while, savoring the regal yet friendly atmosphere and the curious smell of the beverage the people here seemed to enjoy, as I looked over my notes trying to make sense of the 'bus' contraption. Then I saw that my crystal ball has stopped blinking, and I suddenly remembered that the Royal Sage Dongwan must have wanted to talk to me. I quickly get to him, apologizing profusely for not answering earlier, but I was stopped when I was about to explain what happened.
 
Apparently, the Royal Sage Dongwan has not tried to call me. What, then, was the blinking about? He quickly explained to me, and here I shall voice out my utter frustration at the, pardon my rudeness, incompetency that he has continually demonstrated.
 
He declared that the blinking of the crystal ball meant that the Princess was somewhere in my immediate vicinity.
 
I grunt in frustration, throwing my hands up (which caused the people of the café to look at me curiously, but I pay no heed to them as I am beyond angry at this point) and blaming him for not giving me this very necessary, very CRUCIAL information beforehand. Imagine, I could have found the Princess earlier when the crystal ball was still blinking! She was right here! My quest could have ended right at this moment! I cannot emphasize how important this little bit of information is, and I am boiling mad at his neglect! Alas, I cannot be angry at a superior for long. I forgave him as he apologized, and I blandly asked him if there was anything else I needed to know, to which he replied in the negative. I do hope that stands true this time, as I am tired of his, forgive the bluntness, useless advice and instructions.
 
However, even with that initial frustration, I am not entirely at a dead end. I now know what the flashing of the crystal ball means, and the stranger has instructed me on how to go to one of the points on the map through the use of the 'bus' contraption. And as I stand at what he called the 'bus stop' (I assume this is where the contraption stops), I stare intently at my crystal ball, willing for it to flash, but to no avail.
 
Suddenly, a looming, moving box that contained people stopped in front of me, as a crowd suddenly alighted from the curious contraption. Apparently, this 'bus' that they call is a mode of horseless transportation. I am excited to see what riding in one of these is like, and I step up the stairs, staring at who seemed to be the coachman (however, I do not know if that is what you call them; technically he is not a coachman as no horse is involved, but I am quite sure I will learn what the proper term is in due time). I watched the other people either wave a square piece of leather over a beeping machine, or drop the rectangular piece of paper into a box. I opted for the latter since I do not have a rectangular piece of leather (I shall remember to ask the Royal Sage Dongwan for one), and opted to take a seat near the window so that I may see where I am.
 
The 'bus' suddenly hurtled forward, almost throwing me out of my seat as I did not expect the sudden jolt. I am quite amazed at how it worked! Here we are, moving along at great speeds, far greater speeds than even the fastest horse in Shinhwaland! The man was right; I certainly would be there in no time at all.
 
As I sat in the 'bus' waiting to arrive at my destination and finally alight, I could only dream of the Princess herself standing in front of the place where the bus stops, her arms open wide to welcome me into her embrace. Of course, such a thing does not happen in reality, but it does not hurt to dream what one desires sometimes.
 
I wonder what is waiting for me in that strange new section of this strange new place.
 
 
-----
A/N: I've decided that, as much as I can, I'll try to update this like a normal journal entry, one per day. xD I don't know if I can keep up with that though, but since this is relatively easier and more relaxing for me to write, I just might be able to. :D