Day 7

Marry the Princess, they Said
Day 7.
 
Thankfully, Prince Andy had not been put off by my actions two days prior, and had agreed to meet me once more. I wanted to think that he was doing so merely to humor me; but I could tell that he indeed is a kindly Prince, as he still had the grace to show up to our meeting and not completely leave me in the dark.
 
I do not understand everything fully either, and quite frankly, I am still not comfortable with the fact that my Princess turned out to be a Prince. However, we need to get over this obstacle together, and the first step that I would need to undertake is to convince him to come back with me to Shinhwaland. Maybe, the King and Queen would have the grace to accept him as a Prince at first, and in the process of me teaching him the ways of the land, I would manage to make him fall in love with me as we share true love's kiss and make him into a Princess once more.
 
I consulted the Royal Sage Dongwan beforehand, and he told me that it seemed like a plausible idea, and he will talk to Their Majesties about it. For now, I would have to concentrate on the matter at hand.
 
I had a perfect plan, but it seems that I would have to erase everything and devise a new plan from scratch. Dealing with a Prince is far more different than dealing with a Princess, so I would have to take entirely different approaches and deviate from my original plan immensely. It is going to require more effort, but for the sake of my King and my country, I am willing to take a chance.
 
I first tried to make him understand that he did not belong to this world, and that in reality he belonged to ours. He seemed to entertain this idea at first, mentioning the fact that he indeed did not know where he had spent the first 10 years of his life, as he had entirely lost his memory prior to being found in an orphanage and adopted. However, it still did not convince him about my 'shenanigans', as he so aptly put it, so I showed him paintings of his parents, the King and Queen, that I have specifically requested from the Royal Sage Dongwan, so as to refresh his memory. I told him stories of the land, of the courage of his father in battle, of his beautiful mother, and of various other stories in an effort to evoke memories that might be buried in him somewhere.
 
He was interested at first, but he suddenly stopped me with my recollections and said that he is quite happy living in this world, and has expressed no desire to come back. I did not know what to do at that moment. Of course I am aware that it would not take a day to convince him to come back with me. I let him go at that time, vowing to meet him again sometime (to which he gracefully agreed, any other person I am sure would have walked away from me thinking I am a lunatic), so that I may collect my thoughts as well.
 
I asked for help from the Royal Sage Dongwan that night, if he had some sort of magical potion or anything to bring the Prince's memories back, at least. However, he regretfully informed me that he does not. What kind of sage does not have magical potions for cases like these?
 
When I get back, I have to remember to tell the King of his incompetency. At this point, I am no longer amused.