Day 20

Marry the Princess, they Said
Day 20.
 
Once everything has calmed down and the Prince is now once again out to say goodbye to his other acquaintances, I send a seething message to the Royal Sage Dongwan.
 
I demanded to know why the crystal ball had set off a false alarm that way and nearly gave me a heart attack, not to mention causing me to be embarrassed as I unintentionally barged in on something the Prince should be taking care of in private. I berated him to the best that I can, as I still cannot outright disrespect a senior subject after all. Forget the coming back home test I was going to give to him; he is truly incompetent, and the first thing I will surely do when I get back is report him to their Majesties and get him kicked out!
 
He explained that he engineered the crystal ball in a way that it will send me a warning once the Prince's heartbeat gets to a certain pace and I am not with him. And when he was out running and frolicking with his dog, the activity set his heartbeat to the pace that triggered the alarm reaction. I do not know why he needed to engineer the crystal ball in such a way; there are countless other ways that he could have measured in order to tell me if the Prince really is in danger.
 
I forgive all those little incompetencies, as they only pose a minor discomfort to me (it is very rare that the Prince does rigorous activity). However, what I cannot forgive is the fact that I cannot contact the Royal Sage Dongwan with the alarm on. What if the Prince really was in danger when the alarm went off, and I did not know what to do? I do not have my sword, my lance, or any sort of weapon I can fight with. And if it turns out to be a supernatural enemy, I would need his magical help! Of course, I am ready to die protecting my Prince even if I would have to use my bare hands, but what would happen if I die and I do not take the enemy down with me? How is the Prince going to defend himself?! He was deliberately putting a member of the Royal Family in imminent danger!
 
He apologized for his mistakes, and told me that he had not thought of that particular feature when he was making the crystal ball. But he assured me that there would be no more dangers, though, as he had not foreseen anything else.
 
Foreseen? I was tempted to roll my eyes at the word since he so very obviously cannot foresee anything, but I think better of it. All I know is that I need to depose this pretend Sage, and find someone who can do his duties better.
 
I inform him of our departure date, which is tomorrow, and told him to prepare the contraption and instructions as to how we will get home. The Royal Sage Dongwan told me that he will work on it right away, and cut me off before I could even answer.
 
I am seething in anger. I can only hope that everything goes smoothly tomorrow; I cannot have anything happening to the Prince when he is finally brought back.
 
 
-----
A/N: There MIGHT be a third update tonight since I'm not too satisfied with this chapter, but I'm not sure since I'm planning to focus on RicSyung for the rest of the night. xD We'll see!