Day 25

Marry the Princess, they Said
Day 25.
 
Finally, after 25 long days of living in another world, I am ready to head back with the Prince safely in tow.
 
As I have always mentioned before, I will truly miss this place. I am sure that I will have times where I will long for the various conveniences it offered me, but nothing can truly replace the home I have known and loved.
 
I am excited to share my home, the Prince's real home, with him. I am excited to re-acquaint him with his true roots, his origins. My quest to bring him back is finally over; however, my quest to make sure he fits in nicely in my, no; our world, has just began.
 
I contacted the Royal Sage Dongwan, who informed me that the contraption needed has been prepared and should indeed arrive at our doorstep in a few minutes time. In the meanwhile, I have given the Prince privacy as he spent his final (very final, this time) moments with his foster family.
 
I asked the Royal Sage Dongwan if there is any way that we can contact his foster family; very kindly, he provided me with another crystal ball. I asked why I could not simply give them mine, since I do not think I will be needing it as the Prince is now going to be safely by my side; he told me that each crystal ball is specifically engineered for one person's use. In my case, my crystal ball is designed for me so that I may know the Prince's whereabouts at all times and also if he is in danger, and this is an important item for me to have as Shinhwaland, no matter how much I know it by heart, is still a vast land. There could be times when the Prince is far away from me, and I would not know otherwise where he is if not for my crystal ball.
 
For once, I thought that maybe the Royal Sage Dongwan might not be as incompetent as I thought he was, after all.
 
After the Prince had said his goodbyes, I surprised his foster family by presenting them the crystal ball the Royal Sage Dongwan bequeathed upon me. To my surprise, I was drowned in one of the warmest hugs I have ever received in my life, as they thanked me profusely. I tell them that we will visit if it is ever possible; but if not, then we can surely keep in touch through the crystal ball. To test, I tried sending a message, and surely enough, it worked. Since the Royal Sage Dongwan could send me messages all the way from Shinhwaland, I am quite sure I can let the Prince use my crystal ball to contact his foster parents whenever he is feeling homesick. I know that he will for a few weeks since this is the home he has known all his life; but I am sure that he will adapt and adjust just fine.
 
After a few minutes of cheerful banter, the contraption had arrived. I assisted the Prince in climbing in, when I suddenly remembered something: his things! I told him that we must go back for them before truly leaving for our world, and he gasped as he quickly agreed. In the events that transpired, we had both forgotten about the things he was supposed to bring along with him.
 
We both ran to his house (while hand in hand, of course; running and frolicking through the snow together is still quite a fun thing for us to do, even when we're in a hurry), which was thankfully quite near. When we entered, I apologized for leaving the place in disarray, as I was looking for the locket (which was now safely with me; I have to remember to give it back to the Prince at some point). The Prince thankfully just laughed it off, as he found his bag that was miraculously intact (I had not the heart to wade through his private belongings, even though it would have been the most logical place to find the locket). He slung it over his shoulder, as he took one last look at the house that had been his home for a good part of his life.
 
I softly broke his reverie and asked him if he needed anything else, as he merely shook his head in response as he took one last look around the house. With a small smile, he looped his arm in mine and looked up at me fondly, his eyes full of trust. I could not help but his smooth cheek gently, as my eyes traveled down to his lips that had been rudely claimed by the evil Lord Minwoo. However, I am still not sure. I am afraid that I am going to make a mess of things. I quickly give him a small peck on the cheek instead, and then pulled him out the door.
 
We walked back to his parent's house (where the contraption was) in silence, his arm still slung around mine. I could tell that he was nervous, yet excited at the same time; the small skip in his step, albeit somewhat hesitant (almost as if he was guilty for being excited) sent me that clear message. I decided not to disturb his thoughts though, as the contraption finally came into full view.
 
We said our very final, very last goodbyes, as the Prince's foster parents waved at us with teary eyes. I could not help but shed some tears myself, as they had shown me nothing but kindness and acceptance. I will truly miss them; which is why I am quite thankful that we now have a means of communication.
 
I helped the Prince get into the contraption, as I myself climbed in as well. With one last wave and smile, I finally close the door.
 
There is no turning back now, your highness. I told the Prince gently, as I give his hand a reassuring squeeze. This is it.
 
I know, Choongjae. I know. And I am ready. He reluctantly let go of my hand, as he took his seat opposite mine. I strapped him in securely, and instructed him on what we have to do and observe during the ride; the same things the Royal Sage Dongwan told me when I first went to this world using this very same contraption. He listened well and nodded, promising that he would follow everything.
 
I strapped myself in as well, keeping the herbal medicine close so that I may give it to the Prince immediately upon arrival, in case he is disoriented and he cannot do it by himself. Finally, the contraption started whirring to life (it seems as though the Royal Sage Dongwan knew exactly when we were ready, as he operated this himself), and in a flash, we were gone.
 
And as usual, the ride was less than pleasant, as we were thrown every which way, as if we are riding through the bumpiest roads of the outskirts in nothing but a flimsy built wooden carriage. Thankfully, just like last time, it does not last very long; I am still amazed at how fast we can travel between worlds. Finally, the contraption stops.
 
The trip has once again left me dizzy and nauseous, but I am otherwise fine. I glance over at the Prince, who was groaning and as if he was in pain. I quickly took a sip to alert myself as I rushed over to him, assisting him in drinking the vile but helpful liquid.
 
Shortly after, he was back to his old self, as he remarked how horrible of a ride it was, even joking it must have been why his brain forgot everything. It was a bad time, but I asked if he remembered everything now, and he assured me that he did, which is why he now has a somewhat vague idea of how things are done in Shinhwaland. I could tell that he wanted to tell me more; but he left them for later as we both knew that this was not the time to be sitting idly by talking about things. There were many days to come to spend for that.
 
That key had been helpful, after all; the Royal Sage Dongwan could finally be trusted, I suppose. I will let his various incompetencies go for now, as it is quite obvious that he could be trusted when and where it matters.
 
After the Prince and I were fully alert and normal, I opened the door and helped him step outside.
 
We were greeted by a loud cheer, as I saw that all of Shinhwaland were gathered to welcome their precious Prince home! The sight of all the citizens gathered around the castle walls (it seems we landed within the vicinity of the castle) seemed to surprise and overwhelm the Prince at the same time, as he stared at the crowd for a few moments and then began to wave awkwardly. He does not know the customary way to greet his subjects; that shall be the first thing I teach him.
 
But before I could do anything, we were both suddenly attacked by a tight, welcoming hug as their Royal Majesties King Eric and Queen Hyesung themselves welcomed us warmly! Laughs and cheers were heard throughout, as both the King and Queen showered us with kisses in their customary way.
 
Finally, when everything had calmed down, we were allowed to have a somewhat calmer way of interacting with their Royal Majesties. I could tell that they were extremely glad and excited to have us both back, as they surveyed us with kind, loving, approving eyes. The Queen took my hand and thanked me profusely for bringing their son (daughter? I do not know at this point) back, to which I reply that it was to my utmost pleasure to do so. The King turned to me and asked of me to take care of their only heir, as I told him that it had been my plan from the very start.
 
They both turned to the Prince, who was still noticeably awkward as he did not know exactly how to treat them. However, their Royal Majesties' easy-going nature soon changed that, as only after a few moments of interacting, it was as if they had never been apart a day in their lives.
 
I took a small bow as I exited the room, keen to leave them to their own in order to get re-acquainted with each other. I am excited as to what my first day back in Shinhwaland shall bring.
 
 
 
 
 
-----
A/N: Sorry guys, only one chapter update tonight since I have to work on my other fics as well. Double updates should resume tomorrow. ^^