Day 22

Marry the Princess, they Said
Day 22.
 
The Prince is under the evil Lord Minwoo's influence.
 
How foolish I had been! I slacked off in my duties. I should have paid attention to the Prince more! I knew I should have been with him at all times, even if I risked getting in his way. Now, this!
 
The evil Lord Minwoo is a dangerous, wily, manipulative being, and he had managed to get hold of the Prince even under my watchful nose. Forget the Royal Sage Dongwan being incompetent; I am incompetent myself, and I deserve the highest of punishments for deliberately putting a member of the Royal Family in danger. I will deal with the consequences later; for now, I must save the Prince from his clutches.
 
The Prince wanted to go towards the evil Lord Minwoo to greet him; however, I managed to stop him in time as I pulled his arm back. He looked up at me with a puzzled face, and then started to introduce me to him, explaining that he was a 'friend' that he met a few days ago at work, but had (conveniently, which I am sure is the evil Lord Minwoo's doing) forgotten to introduce to me.
 
I stared at the evil Lord Minwoo, hard. He tried to feign innocence, tried to pose as if I mistook him for someone else, but I could see right through him. There was no denying that it was he; I faced him in the last battle myself, and though I was defeated at the very last moment, the close contact in battle that we had afforded me a clear view of his face and aura. 
 
I explained to the Prince that he is a dangerous being, but he did not heed my words; suddenly, I heard talking inside my brain, as if something within me is speaking. It turns out, the evil Lord Minwoo could also enter minds.
 
He is under my control. I suggest you give up here now.
 
I pulled the Prince back once more as he wanted to go towards him, but he glared at me. The Prince, glaring at me! It must be the power of the evil Lord Minwoo! He snatched his arm away but I once more managed to grab it; but by now the Prince was so mad that he slapped my hand away.
 
What's wrong with you? I'm giving you a proper introduction to my friend here! Or are you just disregarding my feelings like this?
 
I was taken aback by the accusing tone that the Prince gave me, that I couldn't recover myself in time. Before I could catch him again, he had gone over to the evil Lord Minwoo's side, who pulled him into a hug.
 
I was powerless to do anything. Powerless to stop the Prince, powerless to take him back. The evil Lord Minwoo spoke once again.
 
You should have been more careful, Park Choongjae. I suppose your oh-so great King conveniently forgot to tell you that I also dabble in black arts; which is how I found out that the Princess, who is now a Prince, is here. Remember that day when he fainted in his workplace? That was my work. That was when he met me. You should have been more careful; I guess the Royal Knights are secretly incompetent, after all.
 
I clenched my fists at my sides. Right at that moment, the important thing was to keep my calm and try to think of a strategy to rectify the situation. Suddenly, the evil Lord Minwoo did something I did not expect at all.
 
He grabbed the Prince's face roughly, and then kissed him... square on the lips.
 
All thinking foregone, I immediately lunged for them, not caring whether I get injured or die or whatnot. All that passed through my mind in that one moment is that I had to save the Prince from his grasp. I do not know what that kiss might do; it might contain some evil, harmful spell! However, before we could both react, an unknown force suddenly descended upon the evil Lord Minwoo.
 
The Prince's foster mother! It turns out, the evil Lord Minwoo was standing right in front of their house, and his mother saw everything that was happening. She had run out of her house with a broom and started beating the evil Lord Minwoo on the head with it! In surprise, not only did the evil Lord Minwoo managed to let go of the Prince (who had fainted, but I caught him safely in my arms), but in the process, the spell he had over the Prince had vanished as well.
 
The evil Lord Minwoo parted with a "our battle is not over!" declaration, as he went running in the opposite direction. I frantically tried waking up the Prince, as I shook him and lightly tapped at his cheek; I was also rubbing at his lips with my thumb, in case any of the evil power the evil Lord Minwoo cast upon him still remained.
 
The Prince's foster mother quickly invited us to go into her house, as I carried the Prince and laid him on the couch. After taking care of him, I began to explain the events that transpired to his foster mother, who nodded at every word I said.
 
She then told me that she did not know that he was a powerful enemy; all that crossed her mind is that an unknown man is suddenly kissing her son, and she had to pull him away. I thanked her for her courage, since she could have faced death by doing such a reckless deed, but she told me that it was her duty as a mother to protect her son. The Prince at this point started to wake up, much to my relief. I immediately drowned him in a hug, when he pushed me away violently, confusion and fear apparent in his eyes.
 
Who are you?!
 
I could not believe my ears and eyes. All my hard work, undone by a single, unwanted kiss from the wrong person. My quest nearing its end, yet pushed back to the very start.
 
I cannot believe this. I will kill the evil Lord Minwoo, if it is the last thing I shall ever do!