Day 1

Marry the Princess, they Said

Day 1.

What suffering the Princess must have endured! The trip has left me dizzy and nauseous. It is not easy to make the trip, as the contraption the Royal Sage Dongwan has prepared required it to twirl and shake and twist every which way, which would have thrown me around had it not been for the little piece of belt that attached me to my seat. I still wonder to this minute how it could have held me, but that is not the most important matter at hand right now- what matters is finding the Princess.

The Royal Sage Dongwan had been very vague with his instructions and warnings. He did say something along the lines of the contraption possibly messing up various important things with my body and memory, but I do feel quite fine. As far as I know, everything seems to be in its rightful place, except for the fact that I feel like my insides have been all mixed up. But a single sip of the herbal medicine he had prepared in a bottle for me, and I seem to be fine.

I stepped out of the contraption, eager to explore the new world and see how I could live amongst these people while looking for the Princess.

To say that I was awed and shocked would be a severe understatement.

I do not know the words to describe such a place. There were strange lights flashing everywhere; I had arrived at night, and it was usually supposed to be quiet when the sky is this dark, but not in this place. The houses (I presume they’re houses; what else could they be?) towered over everything, almost as if they could reach the sky. Horseless carriages sped off the oddly smooth and gray road; I do not possibly know how that could happen. Everything was fast-paced, and vastly different from what I was used to, that for a moment I could not for the life of me figure out what to do or where to start.

Luckily, the Royal Sage Dongwan granted upon me a magic crystal ball that I can use at any time to contact him or the King and Queen, should I have any questions. I am not entirely alone in this quest, and I am glad for that. This mission does require the valiance I possess, but if I rely on that alone, I am bound to make rash decisions, so I am glad for the guidance.

I use the crystal ball to contact the Royal Sage Dongwan, upon which he granted me necessary information about this place. It is a city called Seoul, in a country called Korea. The Princess should be somewhere in this big city, he said.

Well, I run the risk of sounding sarcastic, but here I go: that little bit of information is a big help, indeed.

There is absolutely no way I can find the Princess here.

 

--------

A/N: OMG the bulk update is finally done! This is part 1, obviously. xD Look at the Bulk Update Masterlist to see what else I've updated!