Now or Never

Just Another Cinderella Story

“Get out of my head… Get out my head… Get out of my head.”

I muttered the words like a mantra as me and Ji Seun walked to school. I was even close to singing that song of Ashlee Simpson. Aigoo. The picture of Jaejoong’s (cute) face keeps appearing in my mind and I wish it would just disappear for a while. Aish! I’ve better think of something to distract myself. I looked to my right and saw Ji Seun humming softly to herself. My lips instantly curved into a mischievous smile.

“Yah, Ji Seun-ah,” I said.

“Hmm?” she inquired as she turned to face me.

“So, what happened to you and Changmin last night?” I asked, trying and failing to hide my excitement. I’ve always been a fan of the “MinJi” pairing.

Ji Seun’s cheeks instantly went red (as always whenever I mention Changmin) and she looked like she was trying to suppress a smile. “Uh… well, uhm.” She stuttered. “We had dinner and, uhm, just talked and stuff.”

“Eh? No kissing?” I asked, pouting.

“Yah! Just because we were alone and stuff doesn’t necessarily mean we kissed, araso?”

“So you did kiss?” I insisted.

“Aigoo. No, we did not. Seriously.” She stated.

I frowned. Ji Seun was confidently saying the words which meant she’s telling the truth. “Aww, no fun.” I said.

“Hmm, then I guess you and Jaejoong-sshi had kissed on your date last night.” Ji Seun said, catching me off guard.

“WHAT?” I yelled in shock.

She giggled. “Ha! I thought so.”

“What the hell? How’d you know about that?”

“Changmin-ah texted Jaejoong last night. He replied with ‘I’m with Sun Yee right now. Later.’ We then spent the whole time thinking of what you two might be doing.”

I think another flower pot just fell down and hit me on the head. Aish. I felt stupid and embarrassed. I felt stupid because I “ruined” any MinJi kissing scenes for their date while I felt embarrassed because Ji Seun had known about the date and had the right idea that we did kiss. Aish. Wait. Why am I overreacting? It was just a peck on the lips. It wasn’t a real kiss. Aigoo…

“Ha, so you two did kiss?” Ji Seun asked enthusiastically, mocking me when I’m that excited about her and Changmin.

“Aish…” I muttered and rolled my eyes. “Technically it wasn’t a kiss. It was just a peck on the lips. It was nothing.” I said to her.

“Kyyyaaaaaahhhh~!!!” Ji Seun squealed. “It’s still a kiss! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! Hahahaha!” Ji Seun danced a weird victory dance. I chuckled at her action.

“Yah! You better get a hold of yourself before Changmin-ah sees you.” I joked.

“Whatever. So, you two are together now, huh?”

“What? Come on, that was just a simple peck and we’re already together?”

“What, you’re still not?” she said dejectedly.

“Now, you know what I feel about you and Changmin.”

“Aish! Don’t change the subject!”

“Don’t avoid that topic!” I quickly threw back.

“Fine.” Ji Seun said as she rolled her eyes. “So, what exactly are you and Jaejoong-sshi right now?”

I should be asking you that question, I thought but I didn’t say it. “Friends, I guess.” I answered. “Look, even if Jaejoong-ah was interested in me. I wouldn’t let him. My feelings are… on somebody else.”

My voice got softer at the end of the sentence.

“Ahh…” Ji Seun murmured in understanding. “The Prince.” She said.

I nodded. I told her about The Prince the day after the party. She understood about how I felt but she wasn’t excited with that information as much as I was.

“Oh, him.” Ji Seun said. “Any luck on finding a suitable candidate?”

“Hmm, I have three.” I said. “Lee Donghae-sshi, Kim Hyung Joon-sshi and Choi Seung Hyun-sshi. Kim Hyung Joon-sshi’s the most possible out of all of them.”

“Kim Hyung Joon-sshi?” Ji Seun asked. “Omo! He’s that dreamy guy in Biology class, right?”

“Yah, yah, yah!” I quickly said. “Don’t talk like that! You already have your Changmin-ah.”

“Aish!” she frowned. “I was only saying he’s dreamy. So, how are you gonna know if it’s him or not.”

I sighed. “I don’t know yet. I can’t, like, just approach him and ask him, ‘Hey, Hyung Joon-sshi, were you The Prince who kissed me in that party weeks ago?’ I can’t just go ask him directly.”

“Why not? Just ask him. You can pull it off.” Ji Seun said seriously.

“Aish… I don’t know.”

♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥


Time flew by so fast. I didn’t realize it was already 3rd period until Ji Seun said it was. She then left and took a seat in front, like she always does being the ever diligent student that she is. I scanned the room and found an empty seat next to, what do you know, Kim Hyung Joon-sshi. I quickly went near to him and asked if I could sit next to him. He flashed his ever award-winning smile to me (Omo! Ji Seun was right he is dreamy!) and nodded.

Omo! I’m sitting next to Hyung Joon-sshi! Should I ask him? Aigoo. I should, I should!

It’s now or never.
 
 
 
 
------------------------------;♥