Say What?

Just Another Cinderella Story

I woke up that morning feeling like hell. My head was aching—no, throbbing crazily with pain and I felt the room spinning. Aish. Wait, is this a hangover?

I groaned as I sat up. I looked around and realized I was in my room.

Wait again, how did I get in my room?

Everything was confusing. I tried to rack my brain for something, a small clue so that I can somehow remember what happened last night.

I remember going to that stand (what a crazy and absolutely stupid idea) and drinking an unknown number of glasses of soju (an even stupider idea) but, after that, nothing more (getting drunk and not knowing what had happened to me last night – stupidest thing I’ve ever done… so far).

And I really hope that I didn’t do anything even more stupid and idiotic things while I was drunk because—if I ever did do something like that—that would then be the stupidest thing I’ve ever done.

Aigoo!

My conclusion for all of this: I’m really stupid.

♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥

After moping and hating myself for about twenty minutes, I finally willed myself to stand up and go out of my bedroom. I went to the bathroom first to freshen up then headed downstairs for breakfast so that I could take a medicine for this damn headache.

But first, I needed to be ready. Umma and my younger brother would surely ask questions and try to talk some sense into me (well, maybe not my brother because I’m pretty sure he has no sense inside of him at all). It was a good thing it was already late and appa is already away for work but when he comes home later on… Oh boy, I’m in big trouble.

I breathed in a lungful of air then opened the door of the kitchen. To my surprise, I found it empty. I breathed out in relief. At least I’m spared for a few more minutes.

I took out a bowl from the cupboard and was about to get some rice when—

“LEE SUN YEE!!!”

Uh-oh… So much for that “a few more minutes”. Aigoo.

“Lee Sun Yee!” Umma repeated as I heard her march inside the kitchen. I breathed in and out, readying myself for whatever screaming I’m about to endure before I turned to face her.

“Sun Yee-ah, have you seen my purple pair of stilettos?”

I froze in surprise. Did I just hear that correctly? My mom was asking about her stilettos and she’s not yelling at me or whatnot for getting drunk last night?

“What?” I mumbled incredulously.

“My pair of purple stilettos, have you seen them?”

“Uhm,” I said hesitantly. “Last I saw it, it was outside near Teddy’s dog house.”

“Eh? How did it get there?” umma inquired.

“Uhm, it’s maybe Chul Yong’s doing.” I answered uncertainly.

“Oh… Aish. That brother of yours.”

I waited a few seconds for screaming and utter yelling but it never came.

“Uhm, umma? You’re not mad?”

“Mad? Why would I be mad?” She asked it as if I were joking.

“Uhm, about last night, I guess.”

“What about it?”

“Uhm… well…” I paused a little, uncertain on how to go on. “Well, it’s gotta sound weird but to be honest, I don’t remember how I got home last night… Uh, what happened?”

Umma chuckled lightly. “Silly girl. You must have been really tired. Well, a friend of yours dropped you off last night. You were fast asleep on his back and he carried you off to your room.”

“My what? My room? H-how…? Who…?”

“He said you two were doing a group project for your Biology class and you’ve done most of the shopping. You were too tired that you almost fainted. It’s a good thing that friend of yours is such a gentleman.”

“Uhm… Huh?” It was all that I managed to react. It was all too good to be true. I mean, I was drunk. Surely my mom could have smelled the stinking drunkenness on me. And who was she talking about? I wasn’t with anyone I know last night so how could that be?

Before I could ask umma the questions that were badgering my mind, the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get that. You should take your breakfast now, arasso?”

I nodded slowly as she went off. I shook my head. Gosh, who could that guy be? Surely he’s someone I know because no stranger would be that kind to me. I’m already annoying enough when I’m sober who knows how I can be annoying when I’m drunk?

Whatever.

I can already feel my stomach rampaging inside me so I went on to the business of eating breakfast. I can think about those thoughts later. I took a pair of chopsticks and started eating.

“Oh, she’s doing good.” I heard my mom say from across the hall.

“That’s good then. I hope she’s not that tired anymore because we still have to finish our project.”

I almost choked on the rice as soon as I heard that familiar voice. There was no mistaking it. That voice was his. And, omo! Don’t tell me he’s the guy from last night? And, omo again! He’s here! What the hell is he doing here?

“She’s here.” I heard my mom say as they entered the kitchen.

My heart leapt up as soon as I saw him. Kim Jaejoong. He was standing at the corner, looking as handsome as ever in all his glory…

Wait, what? What the hell did I just think? I mentally shook my head and went on with eating as if I didn’t see him there, though I couldn’t help my cheeks from rising up two degrees higher.

“Sun Yee, annyeong~!” Jaejoong greeted cheerfully. I think my heart just did a summersault when I heard that. Omo! I’m doing it again. I don’t know what I’m actually doing but I’m doing it again. Gosh, I’m starting to sound weird even in my thoughts.

“Oh, uhm, annyeong.” I answered rather softly.

“Oh, Sun Yee-ah, he’s the one I’m talking about earlier.”

“Uhm, what?” I mumbled.

Jaejoong chuckled lightly. “What auntie means is that I was the one who took you home last night.”

“Oh…” Omo! So that means he was also the one I was with while I was drunk. Oh . I really, really hope I didn’t do something or SAID something very stupid.

“Aish. I need to get going.” Umma said as she took a glance at her watch. “Sun Yee-ah, if you’re wondering—I know you’re not but you’re obliged to know—your brother is at your cousins’ and he won’t be back until later this afternoon, I think.”

“Uh, sure.” I just said. She was right, actually. I wasn’t wondering.

“Anyways, I’ll see you later. Bye.”

“Bye, umma.”

“Bye, auntie.” Jaejoong gave a wave.

I heard umma’s heels clack against the floor as she headed out the door, which leaves me alone with Jaejoong… again. I should be acting like this was a normal thing but I am not. I am nervous as hell. Not only because I was alone in my house with a guy (it already sounds bad as it is) but, it’s not just any guy, it’s Jaejoong.

Omo! Why the hell am I THIS nervous?

“Uhm, Jaejoong-ah.” I uttered shyly.

“Hmm?” he mumbled as he took the seat next to me, making my heart race into a panic.

“Uhm, well, where do I start?” I said. “Uhm, last night, I think I did something utterly stupid and out of character—”

“You mean get yourself suddenly drunk all for stupid reasons?” he said quickly and amusedly.

“Uhm, yeah. I know, I know. It was really stupid and I’m actually regretting it, I think. But I was wondering, uhm, what did I, uh, do? I mean, what was I doing when you found me and what did I do after you found me and, you know, the whole charade?”

Jaejoong gave a chuckle. “Don’t worry. You weren’t dancing silly or in front of old ahjussis or anything like that.”

“Oh-kay. That was just disgusting. And I’m not thinking about that but thankfully I didn’t do something like that or else it would really be the end of the world for me.”

Jaejoong chuckled again (omo! He’s cuter when he laughs!). “Well, okay, so here’s what happened. I was walking around after I bought my sister some ramen then I saw you drinking soju in a stand. I went to say hi but then you were all tipsy. You were acting all weird so I offered to walk you home. As always, you were stubborn so I had to CARRY you home.”

“Oh… Gosh, that is embarrassing. Uhm, but what did you say to my parents? How did you hide the fact that I’m drunk and all?”

“Cologne. I splashed cologne on you then went for the Biology class project excuse.”

“Oh… Uhm, well, I guess, thanks. Uhm, thank you for not telling them. I’ll surely be huge trouble if they found out.”

Jaejoong moved his chair closer and smiled sweetly at me. “It was my pleasure. You know I couldn’t let you get into too much trouble, even if you actually deserved it for doing a stupid thing like that.”

“Look, just so you know, I think I’ve learned my lesson and I’m not planning on doing that again.”

“Good to hear that.”

“Uh, Jaejoong-ah, by the way, uhm, I didn’t say anything… uhm, odd to you last night, did I?”

“Odd? What do you mean?” He asked.

“Uhm, well, you know, odd. Like, something I wouldn’t say normally or something really, really silly. Odd stuff.”

Jaejoong’s lips just curved into a smile. “Hmm, where do I start?”

“Wait, what?” My eyes bulged a little in surprise.

“I’m just kidding.” He said with a hearty and cute laugh. “You didn’t say anything last night that would embarrass yourself.”

“Are you sure?”

“Pretty sure.” He said genuinely.

I sighed in relief. “Well, I guess it’s good then.”

“Yeah, you only let your frustrations out last night.” He said seriously. “The reasons why you got drunk and that. But it’s better that way than bottling it up inside of you. It’s good to let your feelings out.”

The way he said that last sentence made me uneasy. It sounded like he was hinting something. Feelings? What did he mean by that? He wasn’t talking about my feelings for him right? I mean, I’m not even sure myself what my feelings for him were so I couldn’t possibly say something about that, could I?

“Uhm, Jaejoong-ah, what, what do you mean by that?” I asked softly.

He just smiled at me reassuringly. “Don’t worry too much. I don’t mean any funny business by that, arasso?”

“Uhm, arasso.” I said though I didn’t actually understand where he was getting to.

“Sun Yee-ah, you better eat up. I’m sure you have a really bad hangover now. You need to take medicine for it soon.”

“Aish! Thank you for reminding me, annoying sir!” I said, feigning annoyance.

Jaejoong grinned. “It was no problem.” He said jokingly. “I’ve got to go.”

“Huh? Where?” I muttered before I could even think. Gosh! I must’ve sounded idiotic and obviously disappointed.

“Well, I just dropped by to check on you. Don’t worry, you’ll still see me around soon.” He winked confidently as if reading my thoughts.

“Aish. I didn’t mean it like that.” I scoffed, trying but failing to stop the blushing on my cheeks.

He grinned again. Jaejoong stood up, went towards me and planted one soft kiss on my forehead. “Yah, don’t get into more trouble, huh?” he whispered.

Before I can wake myself up from the stupor his kiss had brought, Jaejoong had started walking off.

♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥

After four hours of rest, I finally felt the hangover leave me. I finally felt better… but bored.

I got my phone and texted Ji Seun.

[;♥; Sun Yee(heartJJ?) ;♥;]
Yah! Mrs. Shim Changmin. What are you doing? I’m bored.

After a minute, my phone beeped.

[cHaNgMiN’s WiFeY♥]
Mianhe. :3 But I’m busy helping out my cousin Sang Hyun. Maybe I’ll go there after this. Is that ok?

I quickly replied.

[;♥; Sun Yee(heartJJ?) ;♥;]
Aww, too bad. T_T Fine. Sure. Go on ahead.

I placed my phone on the coffee table and just lied down on the couch. I put on my headphones and was about to play a song from my IPod when my phone vibrated. I took it again and saw another text message from Ji Seun.

[cHaNgMiN’s WiFeY♥]
Omo!!! Oh no, oh no, oh no! He’s here! If I knew he was going here then I never would’ve agreed on helping my cousin. Aishhhh!!! *panicking* T_________________T

I laughed as I read it again. I was sure she was talking about Changmin. And yayy! He’s with her there (wherever they are). Yesss! Hopefully Ji Seun won’t and can’t run away from him again.

[;♥; Sun Yee(heartJJ?) ;♥;]
What? Ur hubby’s there? Yayy! *dances a weird victory dance* *throws confetti* Have fun with him there! Though don’t be too rough. Remember to use a , ok? xD

I laughed more with my reply. I just couldn’t resist not teasing her. Those two, really…

[cHaNgMiN’s WiFeY♥]
AISH LEE SUN YEE! I swear! I’d so strangle you when I see you! grr. XP
Be warned.

I laughed harder. I placed my phone my phone down and imagined funny scenarios of Ji Seun running away and Changmin chasing for her like a dog chasing a bone. Hahaha! That scene is just hilarious!

The doorbell rang and woke me up from my amusing daydream. I lazily got up and answered the door. Only, no one was there. I looked left to right and saw no one there. Aish. It must be some bored kids playing tricks again. I was about to close the door when something on the ground caught my eye.

It was a pink envelope with my name written on it. Wait, my name?

I quickly opened the envelope and found a letter inside.

“Sun Yee-ah,

Meet me where you first met me at five o’clock later in the afternoon.

I will be waiting for you there.

With love,
Your Prince♥”

I blinked a few times and read the letter thrice. It was so unbelievable. Just when I decided to just forget about him, he shows up. And he wants to meet me.

Aigoo. What am I gonna do? Should I go or not?

 

 

----------------;♥

Comments are loved! *gives you guys cookies*

and, uh, don't ask me how Jae managed to get the smell of alcohol on Sun Yee. IDK myself. LOL

This is the second to the last Chap. but then again, there are two more chapters for Ji Seun/Changmin Special ;)