Problematic Love Drunk

Just Another Cinderella Story

Is it just me, or everything around me really IS spinning?

Or maybe it’s just because of the soju.

Yes, you’ve read that right people, Soju. Alcohol. Drunk?

Earlier on I was walking around, trying to find somewhere to vent out my frustrations. But then I suddenly found myself standing in front of a soju and ramen stand.

The ahjumma didn’t even bother to ask my age when I asked for a drink. She just gave me a LOT of soju, enough that I can open up my own stand. Don’t ask me why I drank soju and got a LITTLE tipsy. I don’t know myself why I did it. It just felt right to do so.

“Lee Sun Yee?” a voice asked.

I peered to see who it was but my headache and the bright light above (when did it get THIS bright?) prevented me to see the person clearly.

“Oh… hey… whoever you are.” I heard myself say on a funny way.

The person pulled up a chair and sat beside me.

“Yah, are you drunk?” he asked. I can recognize the voice as a guy’s, and it sounded familiar, but I can’t quite figure out who it was.

“No! I’m not drunk. I just had a few drinks but I’m okay. Yeah… I’ve never been better.”

The words that came out sounded slurred and too loud. I hadn’t realized they had come from me until I closed my mouth.

“Aigoo! What the hell were you thinking? AIsh. It’s getting late. I’ll take you home.” He said.

I chuckled like a hyena. “No, no! No need.” I said, standing up. “I’m a big girl. I can take care of myself, thank you very much.”

I squinted. The light was still harsh on my eyes. I turned around. I was about to walk but then I tumbled on my first step.

“Woops.” I said while smiling silly.

“Yah, Sun Yee-ah, be careful.” The guy said. He went closer to me and help me up.

“Uh, komawo.” I mumbled. Everything was spinning again. I actually had to cling to him for support.

“Yah, come on. I WILL take you home. Don’t bother saying no because you clearly can’t handle yourself.”

He guided me carefully out of the stand and into the street.

“Yah, Sun Yee-ah, what happened?” he asked concernedly. “Why the hell did you get drunk?”

“Aish!” I exclaimed irately. I still heard my words go out a little slurred. “Nothing. I just felt like it. Like you care, ahjussi.” I resorted calling him that because I still can’t recognize him. Everything is just really blurry.

“Yah! Normal people have reasons for drinking.”

“Yah, ahjussi! Are you saying I’m not normal?” I threw. I moved away from his hold and started walking by myself. “Thanks for the effort, ahjussi. But I can take it from here.”

I walked on, but then I stumbled yet again on my umpteenth step. The guy rushed to my side and helped me up.

“Aigoo. You’re really hard-headed.”

I must have been too tipsy and dizzy to realize what happened. All I knew next was that I’m on the guy’s back and he’s carrying me up, piggy-back styled.

“So, care to tell me what happened?” I heard him ask.

“About what?” I asked lazily.

“Why the hell you got drunk…”

I heaved out a sigh and rested my head on his nape.

“There’s just a lot on my mind right now, I guess.” I mumbled.

“Like what?” he asked simply. “It would be better for you if you let them out. Besides, we have plenty of time.”

I sighed again.

“Well, what’s first? My best friend is such a pain. She keeps running away from this guy that likes her and she likes a lot. What’s her problem? I mean, paranoid much? Aish. It’s annoying. But I’m not THAT frustrated about it.”

The guy chuckled. “Maybe your best friend just has her reasons. So, what are you really frustrated about?”

“My ex.” I said plainly. “We broke up a few weeks ago. Such an . I saw him shoving his tongue inside the girl’s mouth. I broke it off with him instantly. But then he came to me a few days ago and asked of we could still be together. That jerk.”

“What did you say?”

“Of course I said no. I don’t want to be hurt again. I can’t stand cheaters and traitors. But…” I trailed off.

“But what?”

“I don’t know. I guess I’m not over it yet but I’m sure I really don’t have feelings for him. Not anymore, especially when that girl said it all.”

“What did that girl said?”

“She said she may have been the one who kissed Junsu but then he kissed her back and they made out on and on. That jerk! And he said he was sorry about it. Aish! I really don’t’ want to see his face again. Coz if I did, I’ll rip his throat out and make him suffer.”

The guy chuckled. “Chill. I think if I’d be the guy I‘d run away for sure.”

I heard myself chuckled with him. “Yeah. He should run away… Aish!”

We were silent for a moment. I felt comfortable like this. Don’t blame me. I think I’m still too out of myself to have the dignity to get off of his back.

“Ahjussi?” I said, breaking the silence.

“Hmm?”

“Have you ever been in love?” the question was out of the blue and, probably, it was the alcohol talking.

“In love? I guess. Why? Are you?”

“Maybe. I guess. Kinda. Sorta. A little. I think so.”

“You seem really uncertain.” He commented.

I chuckled. “Yeah… Is it possible to be in love with two guys?”

“Two guys?”

“Yeah… Well, I don’t actually know the other one. I mean, he only showed up once ever in my life then, after that, he just disappeared. And I didn’t even have the chance to know his name. It’s frustrating. Why the hell did he have to dress up like a prince and wear a mask, surprise the hell out of me, sweep me off my feet then ditch me? Such a jerk. But, he was really something.”

“Maybe he’s just in front of you but you still haven’t realized it’s him yet.”

I chuckled. “Aish, ahjussi! Believe me, he disappeared. He never came back. And I’m giving up on this ‘dream’. I tried to look for him, you know. But I couldn’t. Besides, if he really wanted to show himself to me, he would’ve. But I guess it’s just really too good to be true…” I stopped then sighed. “I guess I’m really hopeless and unlucky, huh?”

“Maybe… But what about the other guy?”

“The other guy? Oh, him. Aish. I don’t know. I mean, he’s annoying, unpredictable and, like, Ji Seun, a pain in the neck. I don’t know when he’s making fun of me or actually concerned about me. Then he says things that are really off-the topic and he does thing that just surprises me. As I’ve said, he’s unpredictable. I really don’t know what the hell he’s thinking. He’s a jerk but then he’s sweet. Aish! It’s really annoying.”

The guy chuckled. “Wow. And you think you’re in love with him?”

“Yes. No. Maybe. I don’t know.”

“What kind of answer is that?”

“I don’t know either.” I said. I heard my voice get softer and I felt my eyelids get heavier. I was getting tired.

“Okay, what is it really?”

“Well, maybe. There’s a possibility… I mean, I feel FUNNY, when he’s near. And that’s funny good. I get bothered when he’s around but then I’m really bothered when he’s not. It’s crazy, I know. Or maybe I’m just crazy like that.”

“Crazy for him maybe?”

My eyes were getting heavier by the second. I closed my eyes for a little while then smiled. “Maybe.” I mumbled. “But, it’s weird, I can’t seem the get him off of my mind. That Kim Jaejoong sure is persistent, even in my thoughts.”

I breathed in and out. I felt calmer. My headache was slowly going away.

“Sun Yee?” I heard the guy say but I felt too tired to say something in response.

I breathed in again and, after that, I was fast asleep.

 

 

--------------------------;♥

Comments are loved! *hands out cookies to those who would comment*

this is my fave chap in this series. LOL