Unbelievable

Just Another Cinderella Story

“Yah, Sun Yee-sshi…” Hyung Joon called me as soon as 3rd period was over and we were all headed out of the classroom. “Uhm… Can we talk… privately?” He added, eyeing someone from behind me that I was sure was Jaejoong.

I nodded. “Sure. Okay.”

We headed to one corner.

“Uhm… So—” I started but Hyung Joon cut me off.

“Sun Yee-sshi, I told you earlier I like you. I’m serious about that.” He said, looking at me with those soft, brown eyes of his. Hyung Joon sighed. “I just want to ask, will there be any chance that you like me back?”

I swallowed nervously. I so did not expect this to happen in my lifetime, much more today. “I… uh, I-I…” I started to stutter. I wasn’t sure how to answer him. “Look, I mean, I like you… as a friend…”

I wanted to say more but no words came out of my mouth. Instead, I just stood there and stared at him with my mouth opened.

Hyung Joon smiled. “Sure. I figured. But, don’t worry. I was just asking. I’m not offended or anything if you don’t like me back. Besides, I knew I was no match for Kim Jaejoong-sshi.” He said rather lightly.

“J-Jaejoong?” I asked. “L-look, it’s not that I’m rejecting you or anything… And I don’t think Jaejoong-sshi’s involved—”

“Sun Yee-sshi, look, I asked because I wanted to hear your answer straight from you. And because of that, I’d be happy to stand down. I’d let the other guy who’s deeply crazy about you win… this time.” Hyung Joon smiled again. “Thank you for your answer, Sun Yee-sshi.”

With that, Hyung Joon leaned in closer and planted a soft kiss on my forehead. Surprisingly, the kiss felt normal. Like, there was no spark. Not like… A picture of Jaejoong kissing me on the forehead popped into my head. Oh sheesh! I mentally shook my head. No, why would I be thinking of THAT at a time like this?

“I’ll go now.” He said and I snapped back to reality. He smiled at me again then went off.

Uhm… What just happened back there?

“Yah! What was that about?” someone gruffly asked behind me. I turned around and saw Jaejoong almost snarling.

“What?” I asked. I was still disoriented at Hyung Joon-sshi’s confession/stepping-down-thing, which, I may add, I still did not understand.

“Yah! Don’t act dumb! So, Kim Hyung Joon and Lee Sun Yee are a couple now?” he asked with this scary look in his eyes. “Please. If you two are a couple you don’t need to display your affections for each other in public. So disgusting…”

“YAH!” I heard myself say fiercely. “Do you even know what you’re saying? Are you a or something? Don’t judge something if you don’t know the whole story! Aish! You’re acting all angry at nothing. You’re not involved in that so back off!”

I quickly turned my heel and stormed off. I felt red hot anger suddenly pulsing into my veins. How dare he? He doesn’t even know what happened or what Hyung Joon and I talked about so he doesn’t have to in. Sheesh! Kim Jaejoong’s really getting into my nerves right now. Aish!

♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥

Fast-forwarded to hours later…

I was headed towards the hallway where Ji Seun and I meet up after classes when my phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo?” I asked.

“Sun Yee-ah!” I heard Ji Seun say from the other line.

“Yah, what’s up?”

“Mianhe, but oppa’s picking me up for today. Remember my cousin, Sang Hyun?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Well, he called oppa earlier and asked for our help at something. I’m not sure what it is yet but oppa will fill me in on the details later.”

“Oh. Okay then. Have fun, I think.”

“Uhm, I guess. Well, I gotta go. I think oppa’s here now. “

“Wait, wait, wait!” I added quickly before she could hang up. I mean, I needed to ask her this question. Jaejoong had caught up with me earlier and I just had to ask if Changmin caught up with her. You know how much I’m a fan of the “ChangSeun” couple.

“What?”

“I need to ask because I’m dying to know… Did Changmin-ah caught up with you today? Did you two talk?”

There was a pause. For a second there I thought Ji Seun had hung up on me but then I heard her sigh.

“Well,” she answered. “Not really. I did MY BEST to avoid him at ALL my classes.”

“WHAT?” I asked in disappointment and shock.

“Well, I caught a glimpse of him earlier before lunch so I went straight to the girls’ bathroom and hid there for about 10 minutes. At classes we both had I made sure I sat on the chair farthest to his.”

“WHAT? You really made sure he can’t get to you as much as possible?” I was almost screaming now.

“Uhm… Sun Yee-ah, are you mad?” she asked softly.

“Mad? Me? NO! You’re the one who’s mad!” I said. “I mean, how can you do such a thing? The guy’s already having a hard time facing the fact that he’s NOT your boyfriend and now you’re avoiding him like that? Oh, Park Ji Seun! What the hell am I gonna do with you?”

Another pause. I can see in my head Ji Seun blushing wildly at what I said, which, now that I think about it, seems rather straight-forward but I don’t care. She needs to face the facts and needs to do something about it.

“Yah! What do you have to say for yourself?” I asked when she didn’t say anything after a few moments.

Ji Seun sighed. “Look, Seun Yee-ah, I’m not like you. It’s complicated. I don’t think I can look at Changmin-ah straight in the eye even for a second and talk even just one word to him now, what more a conversation for, like, a minute?”

“Aish, Ji Seun! You’re overreacting!”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“Am not!”

“Yes, you are.”

“Aish, Sun Yee! This is getting childish. Look, I gotta go, oppa’s waiting for me.”

“Aargh. Fine. Whatever. You can’t avoid him forever, you know.” I said.

“But, I can try… Bye.” She said and she hung up.

I rolled my eyes and glared at my phone. Aigoo, that Park Ji Seun!

I shook my head and continued on walking, letting my thoughts wander to anywhere.

Hmm… Funny but lucky. That certain guy isn’t around. Thank goodness. I haven’t seen him since I yelled at him after Biology class earlier. I’m really pissed off at him. Grr!

Aigoo, I don’t need to think about him right now. I’ll get angrier if I did.

I went on walking, resorting to just thinking about this cool song I heard earlier. It’s pretty cool.

“♪Oh yeah, oh yeah
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah♪”

Hmm, “Oh Yeah” by MBLAQ. Pretty cool song though I don’t know the exact lyrics after those “oh yeahs”…

It was working. I actually managed to ignore the problematic thoughts in my head until I reached the bus stop. I was standing there and waiting for the bus to arrive when—

“Sun Yee-ah!” a familiar high-pitched voice called.

I turned to where the voice came from and, as I dreaded, saw the bastard Kim Junsu standing just meters away from me. I suddenly wished Kim Jaejoong—who was funnily the same guy I really wanted to NOT see just minutes ago—was here.

Great. Can my day get any better?

 

 

-----------------------------;♥

Please comment! *bribes you guys with cookies*

Two updates because I feel like it. LOL. xD