A Date?

Just Another Cinderella Story

“Sun Yee-ah,” Junsu said again.

“What do you want?’ I asked coldly.

“I just wanna talk.”

“What’s there to talk about?”

“A lot of things.”

I scoffed. “Yeah, right. Just call me when you’ve finished conjuring up all of those ‘things’, alright?”

“Yah! Sun Yee-ah, don’t be like this!” Junsu pleaded.

“Yah, yah, yah! What’s all this?” a cool yet somewhat angry voice yelled. I turned to where it came from and saw, to my shock, Jaejoong standing there and glaring at Junsu.

“Who are you?” Junsu asked.

“And who are you?” the taller guy replied as he came closer to me and s his arm around my waist. He held me tightly as if to say that I should go along with this. I did.

Junsu went silent. His eyes darted from me to Jaejoong.

“Yah! Don’t you know it’s rude to stare?” Jaejoong said.

Junsu scoffed. “Whatever.” He said agitatedly. Junsu looked at me. “Sun Yee-ah,” he looked like he was about to say something else but then Junsu stopped himself. He turned around and went away.

“Ahh… Finally, he’s gone.” I heard Jaejoong mumble. I didn’t say anything. I kept quiet, still thinking about Junsu. After what he had done he still had the face to come look for me? And why was he saying that we needed to talk? As far as I know, he doesn’t like talking that much. We never talked about serious stuff, even when we were together. What the hell?

“Yah!” Jaejoong said loudly next to my ear.

“Aish!” I grunted. “Yah! You don’t need to yell! I’m right here.”

“More like your body’s here but your soul’s elsewhere.” He said. “Are you okay?”

Jaejoong’s tone suddenly changed with that last sentence. I looked at him and he was staring at me intently, as if he was concerned for me deeply... Aish, Lee Sun Yee! Snap out of it!

“Yeah, yeah. Why wouldn’t I be? Hahaha.” I said though my voice was obviously faking laughter.

“Yah, don’t kid yourself.” He said seriously. “Come on, let’s go somewhere.”

“Eh?”

“Don’t ask.” Jaejoong said. He grabbed my arm and – gently – dragged me wherever. Normally, I would protest and say whatever’s on my mind right now. But I just remained quiet… why? I don’t know the answer to that myself.

♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥


“Here,” Jaejoong said as he handed me a scoop of ice cream.

“Uh, thanks.” I mumbled.

“So, wanna talk about it?” he asked.

“About what?”

“About what happened earlier. You know, Kim Junsu-sshi.”

“Yah! How did you know Junsu, huh? He doesn’t even go to our school.” I asked with an eyebrow raised.

“I have my sources.” Jaejoong replied.

“Who?”

“Can’t say. It’s a secret.”

“Fine, then don’t.” I said.

“So, was that the first time Kim Junsu tried to talk to you after the two of you broke up?” he asked.

“Can’t say.”

“Eh, why not?”

“It’s a secret.” I said as I my ice cream.

Jaejoong pouted. “Haha! Very clever of you to use my own words against me.”

“You started it.”

He chuckled. “Araso, araso. Fine, I’ll tell you who my source is. Mainly it’s Changmin.”

“Eh?” I asked, shocked. “Changmin-ah tells you THOSE THINGS?”

“Not actually ‘tells’. I usually ask a lot of questions whenever he talks about Ji Seun-sshi, which sometimes has a little bit of you in it.”

I stared at him incredulously. That still doesn’t explain how he knew that guy was Junsu.

“What, you don’t believe me?” Jaejoong said as he noticed my expression.

“You’re not that believable.” I said plainly.

“Yah, yah, yah! Are you saying I’m not trustworthy?”

“If I do, what do you have to say about that?”

“Yah, you’re just being mean, Lee Sun Yee.” He pouted like a child again.

I chuckled.

“So you’re okay now?” Jaejoong asked with a smile.

“Yah! Why do you wanna know, huh?”

“Nothing. Is it wrong?”

“Hmm, I guess it’s not.”

“But, if you really don’t want to tell me, then it’s okay.” Jaejoong said seriously.

I gave him a small smile as I mumbled a “thanks”.

♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---


Jaejoong and I walked around the city for, amazingly, hours. We talked about random stuff most of the time. It was unusual. He was so easy to talk to. I didn’t actually think I would be THAT comfortable with him.

It was really childish. He asked me stuff, like, what’s my favorite color, my favorite type of music, my favorite food, my most hated food, what I don’t like to do when I’m at home… those really random things. I, in turn, asked him more random things. We just really talked about random stuff. He didn’t try to bring up about Junsu anymore, which I really appreciated because I don’t want to waste anymore time thinking and talking about a useless guy.

“Sun Yee-ah, is this your place?” Jaejoong asked suddenly, fishing me out of my thoughts.

“Uh, yeah.” I nodded as we stopped in front of our house. “Uhm, thanks again for walking me home.”

“No problem. Thanks for the date.” He said.

“Uh, yeah. Wait, WHAT?” I said suddenly. What he said just shocked the hell out of me. “A… a… a d-date?”

Jaejoong chuckled. “What would you call it then?”

“Uhm, a, well, a friendly stroll?” I said, coming up with another one of my world-famous lame excuses. Aish! To think about it, this did seem like a date. Aigoo… But it’s not, right? This is not a date… This is so not a date… Right?

“Uh-huh. And how would you describe a date then, huh?”

“Uhm…” I said as I desperately searched for answers in my head. “Well, two people, a boy and a girl who LIKE each other, going out, having fun, getting to know each other more and, uhm, kissing and that kind of stuff.”

“Uh-huh. Okay…” Jaejoong said rather amusedly. “So, you’re saying, we didn’t had fun earlier, we didn’t go out and we didn’t got to know each other more with those random questions earlier?”

“Yah! Don’t use reverse psychology on me!” I said, pouting.

“Yah! Don’t avoid the topic!” he threw back.

“Aish. Whatever. I still think this is not a date, okay?”

“Araso. But I still think this IS a date.” He said. “I gotta go.”

“Uh… okay.”

Jaejoong flashed a smile at me. I was expecting him to turn around and go but he just stayed rooted on his spot. He leaned in closer and planted another kiss… this time, it wasn’t on the forehead anymore. I felt his soft lips brush slowly against mine. My heart accelerated. My breathing got heavier. I was surprised. I was shocked. I couldn’t move. I felt weak.

But, as quickly as it came, it suddenly ended. Jaejoong broke off after just a moment. He flashed another sweet smile.

“See, now this IS a date.” He said. “Bye for now. See you tomorrow.”

Jaejoong then went off.

“Uh… bye.” I heard myself say stupidly as I watched him disappear into the next street. It was then that I returned to my senses.

“Aish, Lee Sun Yee! Pabo!” I mumbled as I gave myself a hit on the head.

What the hell? What just happened? Why am I suddenly acting stupidly? Aish.

What was that about?




 

------------------------;♥
Comments = <3