Looking for HIM! /// Ji Seun's Favor

Just Another Cinderella Story

Sigh…

Sunday passed by so fast. I didn’t even know what had happened yesterday. Well, maybe because I had nothing more on my mind but The Prince all day. Kekeke…

Aish. It’s Monday again. I’m having mixed feelings about going to school today. On the one hand, I’m dreading the day because I’m sure I’ll be bored to death later in my classes; while on the other hand, I’m actually looking forward to it because of my plan – a plan to search for “My Prince”. Kyaaaahhhh~! Omo! Lee Sun Yee, you have to strive hard to look for him! Hwaiting!

Oh, wait. It’s already 6:30. I need to stop talking to myself silly. Ji Seun will be here in any minute. :D

♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥


Ji Seun and I idly walked the school grounds, heading to our first class. We passed by a LOT of black-haired guys. Aish. I’m such a pabo! Why didn’t I expect that there would be tons of black-haired guys in the school? This is Korea for pete’s sake! Of course most of the guys have black hair. Aigoo…

“Yah… Sun Yee-ah…” Ji Seun mumbled in a soft voice. I looked at her and I noticed she had been awfully quiet. She had her head down the whole time we were walking and she looked like she was thinking over something serious. It was then that I realized that something was bothering her. Aish. I was too immersed in my Prince-related-thoughts that I hadn’t been paying attention to my best friend.

“Ji Seun-ah? Are you okay?” I asked concernedly.

“Sun Yee-ah,” she continued, seemingly ignoring my question. “W-what do you think a kiss would mean?”

“Eh?” I asked, taken aback with her question.

“I mean, if a guy k-kissed you, what w-would that mean?”

“Bwo? A kiss? I-I’m not sure.” I stuttered. “Maybe he likes you then…”

“Oh…” Ji Seun said as she went back to facing the ground.

We entered the main building of the school in silence, both too deep in our thoughts. What Ji Seun asked me got me thinking. He kissed me. Does that automatically mean he… likes me? Aish… I wasn’t even sure with what I told Ji Seun but I couldn’t think of any other reason.

“Ji Seun-ah…” a voice softly said, interrupting me from my thoughts.

I looked ahead and saw Changmin looking straight at Ji Seun. I was confused. Changmin usually has a happy disposition when he meets Ji Seun in the corridors but now he looked uncertain. It’s like he was nervous or something. I looked at Ji Seun. Her expression made me more confused. She went pale. She kept looking around and her eyes never settled on Changmin. I knew for certain that Ji Seun was nervous, but why? She’s always happy to see him. What could have happened?

“Oh… Ch-changmin-sshi… Annyeong…” she said, her voice sounding higher than normal. She then grabbed my arm and held onto it tightly. It was uncomfortable but something was up. I had to play along so I can find out why.

“C-could we talk?” Changmin asked hopefully.

“Uh… We… We’re gonna be late. Mianhe.”

Ji Seun’s grip went tighter around my hand as she dragged me away. She was walking quickly and I almost had to jog just to keep up with her.

“Yah! What was that about?” I asked, panting, as soon as we were in front of our classroom and far away from Changmin.

“I-it’s nothing.” Ji Seun answered nervously. She looked away from me, a sure indication that she’s not being honest.

“Yah! I know you. What are you hiding? Did something happen bet – “

I cut off my words as soon as it hit me. I remembered what she asked me earlier.

“Yah… Ji Seun-ah… Did you and Changmin-ah… k-kissed?” I inquired.

Ji Seun’s face went paler. She looked at me with an incredulous gaze but then hurriedly looked away again.

“You two… did?” I asked, trying to suppress a grin from coming.

“Y-yah! I-it was just an a-accident. I-it was s-sudden.” She stuttered.

“R-really?” I asked, unable to hold my excitement any longer. “That’s great! I would throw confetti right now if I have! Finally! There’s now some major development between the two of you!”

“Yah! That’s not great!” Ji Seun shot back.

“Aish! And why the hell not?”

“It’s awkward… I told you, it was just an accident.”

I rolled my eyes. With the way Changmin acts when he’s near her, that’s clearly not an accident.

“Oh. The teacher’s coming better get inside.” I heard Ji Seun say. Before I could stop her she had disappeared inside. I looked around and saw the teacher was indeed coming. I sighed and went inside the room.

♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---


I surveyed the classroom again for a familiar black-haired guy. It was already 3rd period and I still hadn’t found any suitable candidate that could be THE Prince.

Jung Yunho… Definitely not. He was with Eun Mi all night at the party.

I crossed his name from the “Would-be-Prince List” on my notebook.

Park Eeteuk… Nope. He couldn’t be even in my list since he has dark brown hair.

Kim Kangin… Nope. He’s a little bit chubby while The Prince was lean. Another cross.

Choi Siwon… Nope. I think his build’s too large. Another cross.

Kim Ryeowook… Definitely not. He’s too small to be the Prince. Another cross.

I heaved out a sigh as I crossed out most of the names on the list. I looked around hopelessly. I noticed one guy was looking at me weirdly. I raised an eyebrow at him. He chuckled then looked away. Aigoo… He must be really amused at me right now. I couldn’t blame him. I probably looked really weird now because of my goofy changing-by-the-second facial expressions. Aish…

Hmm… What was that guy’s name again? Kim, I think, Kim Jaejoong. His body build is almost exactly like The Prince’s but he’s not even qualified to be in the list. His hair’s light brown and if my memory serves me right he always had hair like that. Sigh… I still need to look for more candidates.

♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---


I stood silently along the hallway as I wait for Ji Seun. Last period was the only time we don’t have classes together so we wait for each other before we go home.

She’s usually the one who always wait for me. But I guess her class is taking long. Aish. I hope it’s not too long. I really don’t like waiting. Aigoo.

“Sun Yee-ah…”

The familiar voice startled me so much that I almost jumped on my spot. I desperately looked around for the guy who said my name but I found no one in the hallway except for me. Aish… Am I being haunted by a ghost? No, no! Pabo! Maybe it was just from my thoughts. Aigoo… I’m hallucinating. Do I really want to see him again that much?

I took out my notebook from my backpack and studied my “Would-be-Prince List”. There weren’t a lot of names left since I had to examine and eliminate ¾ of the guys from the original list. Aigoo…

“Sun Yee-ah!” Ji Seun said loudly, sounding panicked.

Before I could turn to look at her she grabbed me by the arm and faced me.

“Sun Yee-ah, could you go to my place later? I, uh, need some help with a project. Please… Please… PLEASE!”

Ji Seun tried but failed to hide how she was feeling: worried, begging, panicked and almost going crazy. She was facing me while she talked but her eyes didn’t actually focus on me. She’s up to something. I can feel it.

I smirked at her. “Yah! Why? You don’t usually ask me for help. Tell me what’s really going on and I might help you with it.”

Ji Seun sighed then spoke, finally looking straight at me. “Okay, you know my last class right? English literature?”

“Duh! Of course! Where are you going with this? Just go straight to the point.”

“Araso, araso… Well, Mrs. Bae assigned reports and I was partnered with…”

Ji Seun looked away. She grew pale and started to breathe heavily. I was starting to think she was going to collapse any second now.

“W-who?” I asked.

“Ch-changmin…” she said in her most panicked voice. “Aish! Mrs. Bae couldn’t have picked a greater time!”

“Yah! What are you so worried about? This is actually good! You two can finally get the time you need.” I said excitedly.

Ji Seun’s pale cheek glowed with a faint red. “Yah! This is so NOT good. I can’t take this. Please, please Sun Yee, help me. I, I… I can’t face him. I just can’t. Please…”

Ji Seun pouted, her eyes almost watery. I sighed.

“Fine.” I said. “I’ll go with you. I’ll go home first to change then I’ll go to your house.”

“Really? Thanks!” Ji Seun exclaimed as she gave me a tight hug. “But you have to promise me something…”

“Aish. What now?”

“Promise me you would NOT tease me with him. The atmosphere’s already awkward between the two of us and it’ll just get worse if you, well, intervened wrongly.”

I rolled my eyes but nodded anyway. Ji Seun finally let out a smile, the first time she actually smiled today.

♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---


“Yah! Stop that. You’re making me dizzy.” I said to Ji Seun as she worriedly paced the floor.

I took another piece of popcorn and popped it into my mouth. Ji Seun’s panicky state seemed like a movie as I sit here comfortably on the couch and watched her go around their living room.

“Aish… What am I going to do?” Ji Seun asked, more to herself rather than to me.

“Sit and just try to relax.”

“Aish. I don’t want him to come here.” Ji Seun said, ignoring my comment. “I actually don’t want to see him right now.”

“I doubt that.” I said lazily. “I’m sure you’re really wanting to see him but you’re, once again, too shy.”

“Aish! I really don’t want to. I would actually want to work separately but Changmin insisted that we should work together. And that the earlier we start the better. Aigoo…”

I only shook my head as Ji Seun whined and started to bite her nails. “Well, duh! Of course he wants you two to be TOGETHER –“ I stressed the word so that she wouldn’t miss it “– as soon as possible. Aigoo… Whatever. I’ll just leave you two love birds alone so that you can patch things up.”

Ji Seun stopped in her tracks. My words seemed to have finally woken up to my presence. “Yah! ‘Love birds’? I told you a thousand times already, we’re – “

“Not even close to that, I know, I know!” I said as I once again rolled my eyes.

*ding dong*

Ji Seun quickly ran and hid in the kitchen as soon as she heard the doorbell ring. I tried hard not to laugh at her action.

“Yah! Ji Seun, aren’t you gonna get that?”

“Uh… You get it. I’m, uh, busy…”

“Aish…” I muttered to myself as I headed for the door.

Two guys greeted me as soon as I opened it.

“Sun Yee-ah…” Changmin said, not the least bit surprised to see me at Ji Seun’s house.

“Annyeong~!” I said as I let them both in.

“Where’s Ji Seun?” Changmin quickly asked.

“Oh, she’s in the kitchen –“ Panicking, I said in my head. “– she’s a bit busy.”

“Oh…” Changmin said. He then looked at his friend. It was then that I realized who he was: Kim Jaejoong, a classmate of mine on third period.

“Annyeong~!” he said as he noticed I was looking at him.

“Oh… Annyeong!” I greeted back.

“Oh, Sun Yee-ah, this is Kim Jaejoong by the way.” Changmin said.

“Oh, I, uh, know him… kinda. I think we’re in the same Biology class.”

“Wow. I didn’t actually think you would recognize me.” he said amusedly.

I merely smiled. “Uh… why don’t you guys sit down? I’ll just see what Ji Seun is doing.”

The two nodded and I left the living room feeling like I’m Ji Seun’s mother or something.

“Yah! Park Ji Seun!” I said as soon as I entered the kitchen. I found her fumbling with whatever she can touch inside the refrigerator. “Get that of yours out of here! It will only be more obvious that you’re avoiding him if you stay longer.”

“But, I’m still…” she tried to retort as she looked up.

“You’re in hiding! Go out now!” I said as I pulled her away from the fridge and pushed her towards the living room.

“But…” she pleaded.

“No buts!” I said, giving her one last push.

Ji Seun went out the kitchen and into the living room, acting like she wasn’t panicked as hell just a few seconds ago. I smiled then went onto the refrigerator and got some drinks out.

I came back a few minutes later to see Changmin and Ji Seun sitting at the far corners of the couch with a laptop placed on the table in between them. Ji Seun had her eyes fixed on the laptop while Changmin was occasionally shifting his gaze to the laptop and to Ji Seun. Meanwhile, Jaejoong looked at them, clearly amused. He sat on the armchair to their left. He had his hands covering his mouth as he chuckled to himself.

“Uh… drinks?” I said as I placed the tray of drinks on the table.

Jaejoong immediately took a glass while Changmin still had his eyes on Ji Seun. He looked like he was waiting for her to take a glass or something like that.

I grinned inwardly as I thought of something to tease the two but I stopped myself. I had a promise. I quickly bit my lip and sat down on the armchair on the right.

“Ji Seun-ah, do you think a short play would be a good idea for our report?” Changmin asked.

“Uh… sure. What kind of play do you have in mind?”

“Something of Shakespeare, is it okay?”

“How about the balcony scene in Romeo and Juliet? Ji Seun can be Juliet while you can be Romeo.” I said suddenly, the words spilled out even before I can think of closing my mouth. I quickly hit myself mentally. Aish. Ji Seun’s gonna be mad at me.

“W-what?” Changmin uttered as his cheeks glowed red and his lips were curving into a smile.

I looked at Ji Seun and saw that she was flustered.

“Well, it’s just a suggestion.” I said for her sake.

“How about Macbeth or The Taming of the Shrew? I think we should use something that isn’t really known that much among his works.” Ji Seun countered.

“Yah, Ji Seun-sshi,” Jaejoong suddenly spoke. “Sorry to interrupt but, if I was one of the audiences, I think I’d like to see something like Romeo and Juliet than the others you said because it’s easily more understood.”

Ji Seun opened but closed it again, failing to think of anything to say.

I then stood up from my seat. “Aish!” I exclaimed, unable to hide it any longer. Promise or no promise, I just HAVE to say my thoughts out loud. “Park Ji Seun, just go with Romeo and Juliet! You and Changmin are perfect for the role considering that you’re just perfect for each other.”

Ji Seun’s cheeks quickly went red as she gave me a disapproving stare while Changmin turned away from her and smiled widely.

“What?” I asked. Aish… Once the words got out of my mouth there’s no stopping them. “It’s true! Oh, and one more suggestion for your play, don’t forget to add more kissing scenes, okay? I’m sure you two would like that very much.”

I winked at Changmin and Ji Seun who were blushing wildly while Jaejoong chuckled. I then noticed Changmin looking at Jaejoong. The latter nodded his head then stood up. Jaejoong went near me and grabbed hold of my hand.

“Sun Yee-ah, show me to the kitchen, will you?” He asked as he dragged me away.

“Yah! What?”

“Kitchen. Pronto.”

Before I can react more Jaejoong had already dragged me out of the living room. He quickly closed the door, leaving Ji Seun and Changmin alone… and me alone with him.

 
 
 
-------------------;♥