Special: Running Away From Love 2/2 [Changmin/Ji Seun]

Just Another Cinderella Story

“Hae Bin-halmeoni, annyeong!” I bowed and greeted as cheerily as I could when I reached her.
 
“Ah, Ji Seun-ah!” she said with a huge smile and arms wide open. “I was wondering where you are.”
 
I smiled and gave in to her hug. “Mianhe, halmeoni. I was busy helping my cousin out.”
 
“Aigoo. Just forget that cousin of yours! He’s already an adult so he can handle things on his own.” She chuckled.
 
I chuckled with her and sat on the seat next to her “Aish, halmeoni. Don’t say that. Sang Hyun-oppa will be heartbroken… So, enjoying the get-together?”
 
“Oh, very much!” Halmeoni cheered like a child. “You know that handsome boy over there?” As expected, Halmeoni pointed to the tall guy roaming around the hall with a microphone in his hand. I felt a lump in my throat as soon as I saw Changmin (a sight I have been avoiding ever since I entered the hall) but I tried hard to act normal.
 
“He’s such a good singer!” continued Halmeoni. “He sang Yurisangja’s ‘Honeymoon’ and he sang it better than they did! He’s a very talented boy and he is very good looking. If only I was younger then I could date him.”
 
Halmeoni’s last sentence managed to bring out a smile at me even if I felt very uncomfortable at the moment. But what she said next wiped the said smile off.
 
“You know, Ji Seun, you could date him. You two look like a perfect match.”
 
I choked on my saliva. “What? Aigoo, halmeoni! Don’t say such things!” I tried to make it as if I was joking but I think I failed on it since halmeoni raised an eyebrow at me.
 
“Bwo? Why not?” She asked somewhat seriously.
 
“Oh, uh, well… Halmeoni, uh, I’m not really thinking about relationships right now. Maybe after I graduate college?”
 
To my surprise, halmeoni laughed. “Aigoo, Ji Seun! Silly girl! Is it really that? Come on, all girls your age must have thought about relationships one way or another.”
 
 “Well, uhm…” I tried to think of something to say but I couldn’t really think of any. Good thing I was saved from the conversation in the next moment… or maybe not.
 
“Hae Bin-halmeoni!” I heard Changmin’s oh-so smooth voice almost near my ear. I almost jumped up in surprise. Almost.
 
I turned and saw he was just a few inches near me.
 
“Changmin-sshi!” Halmeoni greeted back. “We were just talking about you!”
 
“Really?” He said with a raised eyebrow although he was smiling widely. I could swear his eyes moved for a fraction of a second at me then back at Hae Bin-halmeoni. Not to mention that the question felt like it was intended more on me. I tried my best to hide my blush.
 
“Yes! I told Ji Seun-ah here how you could sing so brilliantly.”
 
And as if he just noticed my presence, Changmin turned to me and flashed me a bright and charming smile, so bright and charming that it could make me turn instantly into a puddle. I stopped myself and, instead, I just blushed more.
 
“Ji Seun-ah!”
 
“Oh, annyeong, Changmin-ah.” I greeted him. Aigoo. I have been saying this line to him all day and I think I’ve already said about 515 “annyeongs” to him on this day alone.
 
“Wait, you know each other?”
 
“Yes, halmeoni.” He answered.
 
A grin played on Hae Bin-Halmeoni’s lips. “Ah, so that’s why you said those things, eh, Ji Seun-ah?”
 
My eyes widened. “Huh? What?”
 
“So you two are together, huh?” she asked Changmin with a wink.
 
What? What is she saying? I didn’t say anything that would make it seem like Changmin and I were together. I really didn’t, did I? How could she say that?
 
“Halmeoni,” I tried to catch her attention but she was still focused on Changmin.
 
“Tell me, is she your girlfriend?” she asked Changmin more. I froze. I suddenly remembered that night in the mall when Donghae had asked the same question. I turned to face Changmin. I didn’t know why but I expected him to act the same way he did that night, just standing there and incapable of saying anything. To be honest, I was disappointed then. Maybe I was expecting him to say yes or something.
 
“Come on, tell me! She is, huh?” Halmeoni asked again and I was fished out of my thoughts. To my surprise, Changmin was just chuckling. I didn’t know if it was my imagination playing tricks on me or he did really have an adorable shade of red on his cheeks.
 
“Why won’t you say it?” Halmeoni whined like a five-year old.
 
“Well, it’s a secret.” Changmin suddenly gave me a soft look and I could swear my heart skipped a beat at that moment.
 
“Aigoo! Kids these days.” Halmeoni pouted. “Yah, you two! Want to know something?”
 
We both looked at her curiously.
 
“It’s obvious you two like each other! Just look at how you gaze at each other! There’s something there!”
 
I felt my cheeks get hot and I quickly looked away.
 
“See!” Halmeoni said matter-of-factly. “You two are blushing! Which means I’ve hit jackpot!”
 
I instinctively looked at Changmin who then just turned to look at me. We both looked at each other for a second before quickly turning away.
 
“I’ve hit jackpot!” I heard halmeoni say again triumphantly while clapping her hands. You can only imagine how uncomfortable I felt here.
 
“Hae Bin-halmoni, I got salad for you.” I heard Sang Hyun-oppa say. I felt the tension suddenly decrease. I quickly turned to him and almost mouthed a “Thank you! You’re my savior!” but I stopped myself before I could. Imagine how weird that would be if I did?
 
“Here,” Sang Hyun-oppa handed her a small bowl and she smiled.
 
“Kamsahamnida… Oh, Sang Hyun-ah, I have a question.”
 
Oh boy. Please don’t tell me she’s gonna ask what I think she’s gonna ask.
 
“Yes, halmeoni, what is it?”
 
“Are they together?” she pointed to me and Changmin. We just froze in place.
 
Sang Hyun-oppa shifted his gaze from me to Changmin. I had my eyes pleading for him to say no—which is the truth by the way if anyone in this country is still sane.
 
I saw a grin playing on my mischievous cousin’s lips and I feared the worst.
 
“Yes. I believe they’re very much in love with each other.”
 
I wanted to drop dead at that very moment.
 
“Yes!” Halmeoni cheered on. I glared at my cousin who mouthed a “Peace!” at me. He is so dead later on.
 
“See, I knew it! Now, give us a kiss, you two!”
 
Huh? What? What the hell’s happening here?
 
“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” The people in the hall (or should I say hell?) chorused. It was then that I realized that all the other old folks were now watching us.
 
“Come on! Stand up!” One elderly man behind me instructed. I did as I was told and I suddenly felt myself standing next to Changmin.
 
“No, they should do a duet first!” one lady suggested and the others seemed to agree since the next minute I was given a mic.
 
“Yah, Ji Seun-ah, is it okay if we do a duet?” Changmin whispered beside me and I suddenly felt shivers down my spine. “I mean, it’s what they want.” He added.
 
I nodded although I was uncertain what I was actually doing. A tune was played and I instantly recognized the song. It was “Hate that I love You” by Rihanna and Ne-yo. Fate was really playing with me on this one, huh?
 
We started the song and I felt my voice shaking for two reasons: 1.) I was nervous and I’ve never sung with this many people around and 2.) I was singing with Changmin. I was finally thankful for those voice lessons I unwillingly took with my brother.
 
I tried my best not let my voice shake but it was hard. And Changmin’s especially making it hard on me. I moved away from him as much as I could but he seemed relentless. At the end of the first chorus, Changmin moved closer to me and placed his hand on my waist. I swear I let out a small ‘eek’. Thankfully, though, no one noticed since the crowd cheered when he made that move. Which reminds me, why were they cheering?
 
I mentally shook my head and continued on with the singing. Everything was going on fine until… Well, I don’t know how it happened, actually. I think Changmin made me face him or I was the one who moved. All I know is that we ended up looking intently at each other as we sang the rest of the song. And, what’s weird, I felt like I wasn’t merely singing the words. I was saying them straight to him.
 
“And I hate that I love you so…”
 
We both sang that last line together. Even as the song ended we didn’t look away from each other. I didn’t know what to say or how to react. It was when I heard Hae Bin-halmeoni cheering that I woke up from my daze. I quickly looked down and hurriedly walked away.
 
“Ji Seun-ah, that was wonderful! You never told me you could sing so brilliantly!”
 
“Omo! Halmeoni, I’m not that good. I’m not like Changmin-ah or my brother who are pros at this.” I said, catching my breath.
 
“Good job!” Hyun Suk-harabeoji said from beside Hae Bin-halmeoni. “You could really see how much these two are in love with each other, eh?”
 
My mouth fell open. “What?!”
 
“Oh, harabeoji. Thank you but—” I heard Changmin say from behind me.
 
“Oh come now! No use in hiding!” Hae Bin-halmoni said. “We can clearly see it!”
 
Aigoo. I knew I couldn’t make them believe otherwise so I tried to play along with it. I looked at Changmin. He was smiling sheepishly. I smiled as sheepishly as him and we both laughed together.
 
“Ah… young love.”
 
“Yah, could you two do a favor for us? Kiss!” Hae Bin-halmeoni requested with a grin. “Come on, it’s for the benefit of us old people!”
 
“Aigoo, halmeoni, you’re not that old!” I said, a desperate attempt at changing the subject.
 
“That’s not the point! Now, go on! Show us a kiss!”
 
“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” the others chanted.
 
I frowned a little while, from the corner of my eye, I saw Changmin scratching the back of his neck.
 
“Come on, now! Don’t be shy!” encouraged Hae Bin-halmeoni.
 
“Yah, are you okay with this?” Changmin whispered a little shyly.
 
Well, of course I’m not but I can’t say that or else I think I’ll induce stress on halmeoni and the others. I sighed and nodded. I felt a soft hand on my left cheek and soon enough, Changmin’s lips landed on my right cheek. My skin tingled from the contact but I acted as if I wouldn’t faint any time soon.
 
“What? That’s it! Come on now, you’re practically adults. Why don’t you guys kiss on the lips?”
 
And that’s when I really wanted to run away.
 
On the lips?
 
Me?
 
Changmin?
 
Kiss?
 
There?
 
“Oh, no, halmeoni. I… I…” I tried to say.
 
“Please.” She pouted. “For me.”
 
I really felt like running away at that moment. I even tried to ready myself for the quick dash but before I could move I felt a hand on my cheek and the next thing I knew I felt a rush of sweetness passing through my lips. My mind went totally blank.
 
Time stopped and it felt like I was in outer space. There was no oxygen around and it was hard to breathe. I felt weightless. It was like I was floating around. I was in total euphoria.
 
For a moment or two, we stayed like that until I felt Changmin’s lips part away from mine. I didn’t realize I had my eyes closed. I opened them and was instantly greeted by Changmin’s soft brown orbs. I inhaled the air my body was desperately craving for, along with his saccharine scent. My heart was still madly pulsating inside my chest.
 
The excited cheers from the crowd finally reeled us back into reality. I quickly looked away from his gaze and went two steps farther from him. My cheeks were hotter than before and I could only imagine how red my face was.
 
Suddenly, a wave of déjà vu hit me. It was like our first kiss. Only, now, I’ve realized that we can never bring our friendship back. There’s already a deeper emotion involved between us. We can never be the same again and, is it wrong to say this but, that actually scares me.
 
After that incident, I didn’t dare look at Changmin in the eye again.
 
♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥
 
“How was it?” Yoochun-oppa asked with a knowing grin that afternoon.
 
“How was what?” I answered unenthusiastically.
 
“You know what I’m talking about. Sang Hyun told me. You and Changmin kissed earlier on. So, how was it?”
 
Sweet. Heavenly. Exciting. Loved. Elating. Surprising. Amazing. Brilliant. Awesome. Best thing that happened in my life ever and all kinds of positive things. “Horrible.” I muttered.
 
Oppa frowned at me. “Your eyes say otherwise.”
 
“Listen to my mouth because it’s saying the truth.”
 
“Yah, Ji Seun-ah!”
 
“Look, oppa, I don’t really want to talk about it right now.” I said.
 
“Fine then.” He said in a tone that meant he understood me. “You’re confused, huh?”
 
I sighed. “Very much.”
 
“Well, just stop thinking about it and go with what your heart says.”
 
“It’s not really saying much right now.”
 
“You have to listen carefully.” Oppa pointed out.
 
“Yah, Park Yoochun! Stop acting like you’re Dumbledore. It’s creepy!” I said with a chuckle.
 
Oppa stuck his tongue out and chuckled with me. “Fine. Fine. I won’t act wise then… So, the get-together’s ending, huh?”
 
“Yeah. Sang Hyun-oppa and the rest of the nurses are just wrapping it up now.”
 
“So it means you still have a little over an hour to talk to him before we leave”
 
I frowned again. “Talk to him? You can’t be serious, right?”
 
“I’m just saying. Why don’t you at least try?”
 
“And what am I gonna say to him?”
 
“You’ll know when the time comes.”
 
“You should know I don’t get those kinds of advice.”
 
Oppa chuckled. “At least I told them. I get points for the effort.”
 
“Fine. If you say so.”
 
“Yah, Yoochun-hyung! Ji Seun-ah!” Sang Hyun-oppa called from afar.
 
“I’m guessing Sang Hyun-oppa wants us to help with the cleaning?”
 
“You bet.” Oppa answered as he stood up. I also stood up and followed him to where our cousin was. We then proceeded inside the building again and helped with the cleaning.
 
There wasn’t much left to clean since most of the old folks were already tidy enough. I helped with oppa and the others in the dining room. Luckily for me, Changmin was assigned someplace else and I didn’t get to see him again. Not until were headed out into the parking lot, that is.
 
“Yah, there’s your boyfriend over there!” Sang Hyun-oppa nudged me on the rib and pointed to the left.
 
I smirked at him. “He’s not my boyfriend.” I said stiffly.
 
“Say what you want but you can never hide from the truth.”
 
“You’re crazy.”
 
“And you’re crazy in love.”
 
“Yah! Stop that.” Yoochun-oppa ordered as he got the keys out of his pocket. “And I thought Ji Seun and I were bad when we annoy each other.”
 
Yoochun-oppa then opened the trunk and started to put the boxes of unused party things we were carrying. Some of the materials were Sang Hyun-oppa’s anyway so he’s bringing them home with him. It was better than letting it stay untouched in the retirement home.
 
“Yah, your boyfriend’s coming over.” Whispered my annoying cousin after we put the last box in.
 
“I told you he’s not—”
 
“Uh… Sang Hyun-sshi, Yoochun-hyung, Ji Seun-ah!” I heard Changmin call. I turned to look at him for only a second then I shifted my gaze elsewhere.
 
“Oh, Changmin-ah, want a ride?” offered Yoochun-oppa.
 
“Oh no. I already have one. I just came here to, uh, say goodbye, I guess.”
 
I heard Yoochun-oppa whispering something to my cousin but I couldn’t quite hear it. I sensed him quickly moving away from me and when I looked back, I saw Yoochun-oppa and Sang Hyun-oppa moving away from us, which meant I was left alone with Changmin. Omo! I swallowed nervously. Aish! Those two sneaky buffoons will be killed in the car later on.
 
“Uh… Ji Seun-ah.”
 
 I slowly turned and looked at him though I tried my best to not look at his eyes.
 
“Oh, uh… Changmin-ah.” I mumbled, unable to think of anything else.
 
“Uh… I just wanted to say that… uh… well…”
 
“…”
 
I knew he was looking at me but I did not dare look at him. I focused my gaze on the ground and on my feet.
 
“Well, it was nice seeing you again.” He said.
 
“Uh, yeah. You too.”
 
“Though… it’s a pity we didn’t quite get to spend more time.”
 
“Uh… yeah…”
 
“Uh, maybe some other time then?”
 
“I, uh… guess. Maybe.”
 
“Or, if you’re not busy now, we could—”
 
“Oh, uh, it’s not that I’m busy but I’m kinda tired because of today.” I quickly said even though I didn’t actually feel tired at all.
 
“Oh, yeah. Right. I mean, I understand. Me too, I think. I’m, uh, a little tired.” He said it quickly too. “Well, uh, how about tomorrow then?”
 
“Oh, uh, I think I have to go to Sun Yee’s. Yeah. She texted me earlier and she wants me to go there but then I couldn’t so I just have to make up for it tomorrow.”
 
“Oh…” He mumbled dejectedly. I suddenly felt a little guilty at what I had said but then my nervousness was really driving me nuts.
 
“Look, I think we have to go. I’ll, uh, just see you around?”
 
“Uh… yeah.” I didn’t miss the frown on his lips when he said it. I felt my heart go heavy. What the hell did I just say?
 
♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥
 
Stupid.
 
Stupid.
 
Stupid.
 
I’m officially the stupidest person ever. But, like Sang Hyun-oppa had pointed out to me yesterday before I pushed him out of the car, it was no surprise. Gosh. How could I say such things to Changmin yesterday? Did it seem like I was rejecting him or something? Oh my gosh! I’m utterly confused!
 
“Stupid!”
 
“Yah, Park Ji Seun!” My mom said to me sternly. “It’s early in the morning and you’re already in the worst mood possible. Don’t try and make the house as gloomy as you are.”
 
And thank you, umma for that!
 
“Umma, chill down.” Oppa said as he placed his bowl of breakfast down on the table. “You should already be used to Ji Seun by now. Besides, her bad mood and worry is not in vain. It’s for the sake of her future children and your future grandchildren!”
 
“Yah! Oppa! What the hell are you saying?” I spat. “You’re making it sound like I’m pregnant or something.”
 
Yoochun-oppa just chuckled.
 
“What’s all this fuss, huh?” Umma asked before she sipped her tea.
 
“It’s nothing, umma.”
 
“It’s about a boy..”
 
“No, it’s not!
 
“Yes, it is!”
 
“No, it’s not!”
 
“Yes, it is!”
 
“STOP!” my mom yelled. “Fine, I won’t ask anymore so please just stop.”
 
I glared at oppa who only stuck his tongue out to me.
 
“Whatever. I’m gonna take a shower now.” I said. “I’m going to Sun Yee’s later on.”
 
I dashed upstairs and went into the bathroom. Twenty minutes later, I finally emerged out of the house and was on my way to Sun Yee’s.
 
♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥
 
I arrived at Sun Yee’s doorstep a little over than five minutes later. I already sent her a message to know that I’m coming and she did reply a yes. But I still had to ring the doorbell twice.
 
“Just come in already!” I heard Sun Yee’s voice from inside.
 
I went through the open gates, walked through the front lawn and opened the door.
 
“OH MY GOD!” I yelled as soon as I entered. The sight was too shocking that I had to shield my eyes with both of my hands.
 
“Yah! What?” I heard Sun Yee ask.
 
“Yah! If you and Jaejoong are planning to make a baby then go to somewhere more private or at least tell me to come back later! Sheesh!” I muttered.
 
“Aish, Park Ji Seun! You’re overreacting! Stop being such an idiot and stop freaking covering your eyes!”
 
I heard a guy chuckle. It was most probably Jaejoong. “Ji Seun-ah, no need to worry! We’re not doing any rated scenes… at least not yet.”

“Okay, too much information. Well, I’ll go now. I just dropped by. Bye bye!”
 
“Aigoo! Park Ji Seun!” Sun Yee said firmly.
 
“Alright, alright already.” I placed my hands down and saw Sun Yee glaring at me. She was sitting up on the couch with Jaejoong—who was lying down—and, in between them, a giant teddy bear (don’t ask me how they managed to fit themselves there because I really don't know). Their legs were still tangled up with each other—the first thing I saw as soon as I entered that’s why I had thoughts of them… Well, you know. But I knew I was just imagining things. I just did that to annoy Sun Yee. I made a funny face at her before sitting down on the armchair.
 
“Hmm, judging by your lack of questioning, I assume that Sun Yee had told you all about us?” Jaejoong asked as he her hair.
 
“Yeap.” I said. “I called her last night and she told me. It was sweet, by the way. Even if it’s majorly, overly and oozingly cheesy.”
 
Jaejoong chuckled while Sun Yee raised an eyebrow at me. “And you’re jealous?”
 
“Hmm, let me think… Jealous at being drowned in cheese? No way.”
 
“Very funny.” Sun Yee simply said before finally lying down again on the couch. As soon as she did, Jaejoong wrapped his arms around her and whispered sweet nothings in her ear.
 
Weird. Besides the fact that I’m actually watching my best friend be sweet to her boyfriend (which is awkward by the way), it seems that Sun Yee’s teasing died down. And I mean really died down. She used to tease me about anything and everything. And usually that “anything and everything” means the one and only Shim Changmin. Aish. Maybe it’s Jaejoong’s effect on her. That’s good news for me, I guess, because I’m surely not in the mood to talk about what happened yesterday.
 
I sighed and stretched my arms out. Jaejoong and Sun Yee were still being sickeningly sweet with each other and I think my presence here is really getting awkward.
 
“Uh... guys?” I said. “I think I should go now because 1.) I'm afraid that my innocent mind will soon be tainted if I watch you two for another freaking second and 2.) I think it's better if I could just leave you alone.”

I stood up and was about to take my first step when I heard my name.

“Ji Seun?”

I utterly froze in place.

“Oh, Changmin! There you are!” Jaejoong greeted as I heard footsteps getting nearer towards me. “We were getting a little worried that you finally decided to stay permanently in the Lee's refrigerator.”

“Very funny, hyung.” I heard Changmin answer and I could sense he was just standing there beside me.

“Yah! Ji Seun, don't go now! Here's Changmin, he'll keep you company.” Sun Yee said in a tone that somehow irritated me.

“Uh... annyeong!” I heard Changmin say.

I breathed in deeply before turning towards him. I swear I could feel my heart jump out of my chest as soon as I saw him there.

“Uh, annyeong.” I softly replied.

“Uh... so... how long have you been here?”

“Uhm... A few minutes ago...”

“Changmin-ah, please kindly convince this Park Ji Seun to at least stay a few more minutes.” Sun Yee said.

“Wait... Why, are you planning to go?” he asked me.

“Uh... well, I was since I think I'm intruding on Sun Yee and Jaejoong's... uhm... moments.” I answered, forcing out a small smile as I did so.

“Come on, Changmin's here. You won't feel left out.” Jaejoong said.

To my heart's delight, Changmin smiled back at me. “Well, let's just ignore them for a while... Want something to eat? A kimbap, maybe?”

I shook my head. “No. I ate before I left the house.”

“Drinks then. I'll get you some iced tea.”

Before I could protest, Changmin turned and headed to the kitchen.

“Yah! Sun Yee, was this your plan? Aish! You are so dead!” I said in a loud whisper as soon as I was sure Changmin was out of earshot.

“Joongie-ah, did you hear something?” she asked in a mock curious voice.

“Hmm... no, I don't think so.”

“Hmm... must be the wind.”

Aish. These two will so be dead by the time—

“Here you go.”

I quickly turned and wiped off the scoff off of my face. Changmin smiled as he handed me a glass of iced tea. I took it (avoiding at least grazing the littlest inch of my hand with his) and went on to sit on the armchair. From the corner of my eye, I saw Changmin sit on the armchair placed a few feet from mine.

I sighed.

Gosh. Changmin's being nice to me while I acted, well, not-so nice to him almost the whole day yesterday. Am I the most horrible person ever?

I looked at Changmin again from the corner of my eye. He looked like he was humming to himself as he drank his glass of iced tea. I was watching him until I saw him look at me with an amused expression on my face. I quickly looked down and pretended to preoccupy myself with playing with the bendy straw of my drink.

“Uh, Ji Seun-ah?” he called.

“Hmm?” I mumbled, feeling breathless.

“You don't like your drink? I can get you another one.”

“Uh, no, no. It's fine.” I said with another forced smile. I raised the glass closer to my face, placed the straw in my mouth and showed him that I was drinking it.

“Okay then.”

There was only silence for a few minutes until the lovers on the couch (annoyingly) broke it.

“Yah! Stop that.” Sun Yee said a little too loudly.

“I won't... And I'll say it again and again.... I love you... I love you... I love you.” Jaejoong greasily said.

“No... I love YOU... I love you more. I love you more. I love you more.”

I wasn't looking at them but I can hear them kiss each other again and again. It was enough to make me barf.

I placed my glass of iced tea on the coffee table in front of me and cleared my throat, reminding them of other people's presence.

Nothing. The two continued their giggling that was too loud for comfort.

I heard another cough. It seems Changmin also wanted to remind the two that we were still here.

But still it didn't really change anything.

“Aww, you're so sweet.”

“Not as sweet as you.”

That's it!

I cleared my throat ever so loudly. I saw Sun Yee tense up a bit.

“Uh... Ji Seun-ah, are you feeling okay? There are cough lozenges in medicine cabinet inside the bathroom.”

“No, thanks. I'm fine.” I said bluntly.

And as if there wasn't an exchange of words between Sun Yee and I, the sweet nothing continued.

“Yah... Joongie-ah... Please...”

“What?”

“You know...”

Oh gosh. Are they doing this on purpose?

I cleared my throat a few times again. I didn't stop until I got their attention.

“Yah, Ji Seun-ah, what's your problem?” Sun Yee asked in a tone that I can't quite read.

“Nothing, really.” I replied sarcastically.

“Aish. Look, if your jealous, you and Changmin-ah could do sweeter thing or even just make out there.”

Sun Yee said it jokingly and I know she was just teasing us but I still felt very annoyed at her for saying such a thing. I couldn't actually help but to feel angry at her comment.

I scoffed as I quickly stood up and marched hurriedly out the door.

“That's not funny you know!” I heard myself shout before I slammed the door shut.

I quickly stormed out of their gates, fuming. Though I really don't know the exact reason why I'm this angry. I just snapped.

“Yah! Ji Seun-ah!”

I stopped in my tracks as soon as I heard Changmin call me. But I only stood still for a second. I continued to walk on.

“Yah, Ji Seun-ah, wait up!” I heard him say again as he jogged towards me and grabbed my arm. I secretly hitched a breath.

“What?!”

“Why did you walk out like that?”

“I, uh, got annoyed, okay. I don't want to talk about it more. I just want to go home now.” I tried to get of his grasp but I couldn't.

“Yah... Ji Seun-ah, you can't keep running away like this.” He said softly and seriously.

“I'm not actually running away.”

“I didn't mean it literally.”

I paused for a moment. “W-what do you mean?” I managed to ask, avoiding his eye because I already know what he really meant.

“Yah... You know what I mean.”

Changmin moved hold down from my arm to my hand. He squeezed it gently and I felt like my heart was also squeezed, yet, it felt good somehow.

I didn't say anything.

“Ji Seun-ah... I'm pretty sure you feel it too, right?”

“...”

“Tell me... you feel it too, right?”

I was lost for words. I wanted to say yes but I stopped myself. If I said yes, our friendship would go deeper down.

I stood still and silent. I felt Changmin's other hand went up to my cheek and I instinctively looked up at him.

“Look, if you don't feel anything from this then I could gladly forget my feelings for you." he said, letting his other hand let go of mine and moving it on my other cheek.

His actions weren't slow. Nor weren't they fast. Changmin just pulled me in at the same time he inched his face closer. Once again, I felt those sweet, plump lips on mine. I felt my eyes close on its own accord. My breathing got deeper and my heart felt like bursting. Changmin parted his lips a little and pressed them again on mine. Then he broke off. Just a little. I could still feel his nose touching mine.

I finally breathed in and opened my eyes.

“Ji Seun...” he whispered sweetly, eyes still closed, before inching closer and claiming my lips again. The kiss was more fervent this time. I felt his tongue gently slide inside my mouth, coming into contact with my tongue. I let him take the lead as he kissed me passionately. I was completely weak.

We finally broke off after what felt like forever, though Changmin's hands were now around my waist, holding me tightly as if he feared I would run off the minute he lets go. But, to be honest, I didn't feel like running away now.

“Please tell me you felt the same thing I did.” he whispered in my ear.

I breathed in. A wild concoction of emotion was inside. I don't know what else to do.

“Ji Seun...” He said again. His hold on me was loosening now. When I still didn't answer, Changmin finally let go of me and started to walk away.

“I'll keep my promise.” I heard him from behind. “Even if it's hard, I'll try to forget how much I'm in love with you... For your sake.”

I heard his sultry steps as he started walking away again. My heart felt heavier and heavier with every footstep. I couldn't take this anymore.

“Don't!” I suddenly yelled with quivering lips. “Don't... please.”

I turned around and saw Changmin standing still, his back towards me.

“I...” I said, breathless. “I felt the same thing. And... it's crazy... or maybe I'm just plain stupid because I don't know why I'm so scared admitting my feelings out loud... I'm sorry that I always run away. I'm sorry for being a coward. I'm sorry for always acting like I didn't care... but I did. I always do. It's just that, I'm not really used to this kind of feeling...”

I felt tears streaming down my eyes as I completely let my feelings out... and I shouted them all on him.

“I'm not used to this... I've never been in love before... I've never been crazy for a guy like this before. It's all new.”

I paused. I was waiting for Changmin to at least turn around but he didn't. “I'm sorry... I can understand if you will hate me now for leading you the wrong way but... well, I just wanted to finally say that.”

I smiled at his back before turning around. I finally felt like a boulder was taken off of me but still, I couldn't stop myself from crying. I was already walking ahead when I heard crunching footsteps running towards me. I turned around and Changmin instantly pulled me into his arms.

“Pabo! I can never hate you.” he said, wiping my tears away with his thumbs.

“Mianhe...”

“There's no need to say sorry. All I really needed was for you to say those things. I'm glad you did.”

Changmin hugged me tighter and kissed me again. This time, I kissed him back.

“Saranghaeyo...” He whispered when we broke off.

“Changmin-ah, saranghaeyo.... I promise I'll never run away from you again...”

 

 

-------------;♥

End.

Comments are very much loved! :D

Hope you guys didn't drown in cheese. lol. jk.