The Moment of Truth - LAST CHAP

Just Another Cinderella Story

To go or not to go? That is the question.

Oh man! I’m starting to sound like Ji Seun who, at times, quotes Shakespeare.

I looked at the wall clock. It was around 3:30pm. I still have one hour and a half. Before I can ponder more on the matter, my phone beeped. I took it and saw a text from Ji Seun.

[cHaNgMiN’s WiFeY♥]
Sun Yee-ah, mianhe… Things are still busy here. I think I can’t make it there. Mianhe… *pouts*

Wow. That surely is coincidental… I quickly sent my reply.

[;♥; Sun Yee(heartJJ?) ;♥;]
Aww, kwaenchanna. ^^ I’m sure you and Changmin are having a blast there so you’re forgiven… And something came up. I think I’ll be out later on. :3

Gosh, so Ji Seun isn’t coming after all. I was actually planning on making her as an excuse not to go but then this. Aish… Fine, I think I should go. I mean, I am curious at who the guy is. Besides, I have nothing to lose, right?

Groaning, I finally willed myself to stand up. I quickly headed upstairs to change. I’m known for taking a lot of time on getting dressed. Forty minutes later (that was already rushed, mind you) I got out of the house.

“Yah, noona! Where do you think you’re going?”

I wasn’t even ten meters away from my house when I saw my younger brother, Chul Yong. I guess he was on his way home from our cousins’ place.

“None of your business, dongsaeng.” I said flatly.

“Aigoo. Then you’ll have some guy dragging you home later then?” he asked with that mischievous grin of his.

“Aish, Chul Yong! Don’t remind me that!” I said. “Wait, how’d you know that? I thought you were staying at some place else?”

He snickered. “Umma told me of course, duh!”

“Whatever… I’m going off.”

“Like I care.” Chul Yong said in the most annoying tone ever.

“I’m just saying.” I said.

“Whatever.”

“Jerk.”

“Nag.”

“Pabo.”

“Ssagaji.”

“Scarecrow.”

“Oh whatever.” He muttered as he stuck his tongue out to me.

After one more second of glaring at each other, I finally walked away from him. It’s a good thing I decided that I was going or else I’d be spending the rest of the day alone with my irritating younger brother. And I do NOT want that.

♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥

I arrived at the gardens of the reception hall about five minutes before five o’clock. I had the pink envelope with me just in case. I took it out from my bag and read the letter for the umpteenth time.

The words were handwritten. The characters were neat and almost looked like they were printed. It actually looked familiar but I couldn’t quite remember where I’ve seen it.

I sighed after reading it again for the last time this minute. I placed the letter back in the envelope and placed that envelope back in my bag. I looked at my watch. It was already 5pm. If the guy didn’t show up after two minutes, I’m leaving. I really don’t like waiting, especially when I don’t know what exactly I’m waiting for.

I walked on a few meters. I reached the spot where I was trying to hide from Junsu then and where… we—that prince and me—first kiss. Looking back, I really think it was ALL too good to be true. That kind of thing only happens in fairy tales, right?

I sighed. Before I walked on any further, something caught my eye. There was something shiny on the bushes. I went towards it and found a card with glittery writing on it. I took it from the bushes and read it.

“Sun Yee-ah,

Turn around…

♥”

I read the letter twice just to be sure that I had read right. I did and, slowly, I turned around.

What I saw almost made me jump in surprise. There he was, standing a few meters with a bouquet of red roses in his right hand and a huge white teddy bear on his left. The toy bear was so big that he used it to cover his face. Another surprising thing was that The prince was wearing the exact same clothes he wore at the party—that charming black tuxedo, black prim pants and those shiny black shoes.

My mouth fell open. I stood there blinking rapidly, unable to comprehend that this was really happening. I mean, (like I said earlier) these kinds of things only happen in fairy tales…

Just when I thought things can’t get more surreal it did…

“♪You've been searching the world to find true love
Looking in all the wrong places
When all of the time you've been blind to love
It's plain as the nose on your face is…♪”

A melody suddenly played. And it wasn’t just any melody… it was a song… One of my ultimate favorite songs… How did he know?

Bit by bit, the prince walked towards me. I suddenly grew nervous for no obvious reason. I just stood their rigidly and watched him go near me. When he got near enough, he lowered the teddy bear and showed his face to me.

And just when I thought there would be nothing more tonight that could surprise me, I was wrong. My heart suddenly went crazy as I looked at him eye to eye. Half of me was utterly shocked but the other half somehow knew, or maybe wished, it was him all along…

“J-Jaejoong?” I stuttered as I looked at him up and down.

His usually blond hair was now dyed black. Now that I thought about it, the way Jaejoong moved, talked and even what he said were the same as how The Prince acted. Even the handwriting… I now realized it looked familiar because it was his handwriting. He’s the only guy in Biology class that had a neat penmanship. I don’t know why I hadn’t realized it earlier.

“See, I told you, you know me but you just haven’t realized it yet… until now.” He said with a sweet smile. Jaejoong handed me the bouquet and the teddy bear but I was still too shocked and my mind is still in a mush that I didn’t think of reaching for it.

“Sun Yee-ah, are you alright?” Jaejoong asked concernedly, looking worried.

I feel tears starting to well up in my eyes. My lips quivered as I tried to speak. “It’s… you?” I asked softly. “I… uh… How can I be so stupid? I mean, you were already hinting me… And I, I…”

Jaejoong walked closer and hugged me tightly. “Sssshhhh… Silly. Don’t be too hard on yourself just because of that.” He chuckled. “Gee, and I thought you’d be emotional because you’re touched by what I’ve done.”

I chuckled with him though I could still feel the tears lingering in my eyes. “Well, I am touched.” I said. “But, I just feel silly right now.”

“Don’t be…” he whispered lovingly to my ear.

Jaejoong moved slightly and gently placed the bouquet and the teddy bear in my shaking hands.

“Sun Yee-ah, you should relax. I think all of this overwhelmed you too much.” he said with a smile.

I nodded slowly as I tried my best to smile widely. I wanted to say something but I couldn’t. It’s like the words were caught in my throat.

Jaejoong smiled sweetly. “Sun Yee-ah, I have to say, I wouldn’t actually be planning on doing this if you hadn’t said those things to me last night.”

I froze. “W-what I s-said? What did I say?” I asked, panic stirring up inside of me.

“You said what you felt about me…” he said seriously.

I felt my cheeks rise three degrees higher. I looked down, embarrassed. I was drunk then. I didn’t know what I was saying nor did I remember them. I was afraid that I might have said too much.

“I knew you weren’t lying then.” I heard him continue. “Because you mention Ji Seun and the frustrations in your life… You also mentioned about ‘the prince’ and about your dream of finding who he is… I didn’t want you to give that dream up. I wanted you to know it was me for yourself… But I guess I was being too cryptic.”

“No!” I said quickly as I unconsciously looked up at him. “You weren’t cryptic… I was just… too stupid to realize what was obvious, I think.” My words trailed off and I looked down again.

“Sun Yee-ah,” Jaejoong said. His fingers went to my chin and gently made me look up at his sparkling brown eyes. It made me feel weaker than I already was. “Don’t…” he continued. “We all make mistakes like that. Don’t be too hard on yourself…”

A moment of silence passed. We were both staring deep into each other’s eyes. No words were needed yet this moment felt perfect…

Slowly, Jaejoong inched his face in. His arms went tighter around me as he pressed his supple lips against mine. Breaths got heavy and hearts pulsated wildly in our chests. Lips and tongues danced gracefully with each other. The kiss left the same familiar sweetness in my mouth—the very same sweetness he had left when he kissed me that night dressed up as a prince.

After what felt like forever, we broke apart. I opened my eyes to see Jaejoong smiling his sweetest smile at me.

“That was to ‘refresh’ your memory.”

Jaejoong his lips at the same time I mine. I couldn’t say anything. I didn’t know what to say. I just stared at him while I smiled goofily. It was a rare time that I’m not that straight-forward like I’m always like and it’s always because of him, Kim Jaejoong.

“Wait, there’s more that you haven’t seen yet.”

“Huh?” I managed to mutter.

Jaejoong turned me around and that’s when I realized the first song had finished and in its place played another one of my favorite songs…

“♪If I had to live my life without you near me
The days would all be empty
The nights would seem so long
With you I see forever, oh so clearly
I might have been in love before
But never felt this strong♪”

“Now, look around you.” he whispered from behind.

More lights went on and I saw more glittering notes on the wall in front of me. I walked closer to it and read the notes one by one.

♥“Sun Yee-ah,
You should get drunk more often… Because, that way, I’ll always know what’s in your mind… Kekeke…
Love,
The ahjussi (Jaejoong)
PS. Why ‘ahjussi’? Do I really look THAT old???.”♥

♥“Sun Yee-ah,
Nothing much… I just wanted to tell you that you look beautiful… Like always…
Love,
Your Prince.”♥

♥”Sun Yee-ah,
NEVER talk to Hyung Joon or to any guy ever again…
I’ll get jealous… :3
-Jaejoong (I’m serious!!!!!!!!!)”♥

♥“LEE SUN YEE!
Valentine’s Day is coming… Will you be my valentine?
You better say yes or else, I’ll get that teddy bear back from you. xP
Love,
Jaejoong”♥

♥“Sun Yee-ah,
You know, my birthday’s just days away and I have only one wish: to be yours.
I’m hoping to get that wish for my birthday… Will you get it for me?
With lots and lots of love,
Jaejoong”♥

♥“Sun Yee-ah,
You told me you’re afraid that this might be too good to be true… It may be, but, what’s important is the it’s TRUE part.
Please don’t give up on the dream because I won’t give up on mine… And my dream is to be with you…
Love,
The Prince, Kim Jaejoong”♥

♥“Sun Yee-ah,
You are my princess. And you don’t have to look far for your prince because you’ve found him.
He’s just standing behind you. ^_~
And he’ll always be there for you because…
HE LOVES YOU…”♥

Last note: ♥“Sun Yee-ah,
I’ve never told you this but I’m in love with you… truly, deeply, madly… And I’ll sing that song for you just in case you don’t believe me.
Saranghaeyo…
With love,
Your (future boyfriend ~_^) prince, Kim Jaejoong

PS… SARANGHAEYO~!!!!!!!!!!!!!”♥

I went on chuckling and crying at the same time as I finished reading the notes. They were all very sweet… in a corny and funny sort of way…

“Saranghaeyo…” Jaejoong whispered in my ear as I read the last note. He turned me back around again and found tears rolling down my cheeks. He smiled as he used his fingers to wipe them away.

“That was corny, you know.” I said with a chuckle.

“I know… But I actually made a note every time I wanted to say something to you but I couldn’t say it… This is my collection.”

“It’s… sweet. Thank you…” I said, giving him my sweetest and widest smile. “Okay, uhm, I agree to be your valentine but your birthday wish is hard… I think it takes time to get that because it’s hard to find. Also, any other guys? Seriously? I can’t even talk to my dad or my brother?”

He chuckled. “Fine. You can talk to other guys but I’ll make sure to be beside you when you do. And, that birthday wish, it’s okay if it takes that long… As long as I get it.”

“Pabo…” I muttered. “Yah, Kim Jaejoong… Saranghaeyo…”

He smiled more widely as I pinched his cheek. I moved my face closer to his and planted one small kiss on his lips. But when I moved back, Jaejoong pulled me in again for a more heated kiss.

At that moment, everything felt perfect. I finally found my prince. And he was just right in front of me the whole time… :D

 

 

 

-----------------------------;♥

Comments are loved!

This may be the last chap but there's still two bonus chapters on Changmin and Ji Seun :)