It was all because of a spider

Just Another Cinderella Story

“Yah! What the hell are you doing?” I asked as I narrowed my eyes at Jaejoong.

“What I’m here for.” He said simply.

I raised an eyebrow at him. “What?”

“I’m here so that I can get YOU out of the way.”

“I beg your pardon?” I asked, appalled.

Jaejoong merely chuckled. “Changmin-ah asked me to come with him today because he was sure Ji Seun-ah would ask you to be here. And you, being such an annoying nuisance, you’re needed to be away from the two while he tries to patch things up with Ji Seun-ah.”

“What the hell? Changmin actually called me that?” I asked, almost yelling.

“Well… no.” Jaejoong answered simply as he sat down by the kitchen counter. “He didn’t call you anything. I just assumed that all on my own.”

“Yah! How dare you!” I said with my nostrils flaring out of anger. “Who are you to say that? We’re not even close! Jerk!”

Jaejoong merely chuckled. “Relax.” He said as he gave me a pat on the back.

“Yah, pabo! How can I relax when you just insulted me?” I asked him incredulously.

Jaejoong chuckled again and sat near the kitchen counter. He motioned a hand for me to do the same. Unwillingly, I sat next to him, still glaring at him and all.

“Yah, glaring at me won’t do you any good.” He said rather coolly.

“Whatever.” I said coldly.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry. That was supposed to be a joke.”

“A joke?” I widened my eyes at what he said. “How can that be a joke?”

Jaejoong let out a smiled that was half-apologetic, half-uncertain. “I don’t even know myself.”

“Uh… you’re weird, you know that?” I said to him.

Jaejoong chuckled. “I think I’ve heard that a couple of times.”

Oh-kay. It was really weird. What happened seemed very familiar. Déjà vu? Aish.

“Yah, Sun Yee-ah… Why are you suddenly silent?” Jaejoong asked after a few moments. It was then that I realized I had been too deep in my thoughts.

“Uh… nothing.” I replied plainly.

Another moment of silence.

It wasn’t awkward or anything. I think we both can’t think of anything to say. Whatever. If he wasn’t talking then I’m not talking. I just sat there with my arms sprawled and my head rested on the kitchen counter. I made sure I was facing the wall and NOT him. There would just be chaos if ever I did that at this moment.

“Yah! You’re quiet again.” I heard him say after a few more minutes.

“So?” I asked in a bored voice.

“So? It’s no fun. We should talk.”

“We are talking.” I said sarcastically. I had another feeling of déjà vu again but I shrugged it off.

“Not this kind of talk. We should talk about interesting things, I don’t know. Just do something.”

“Then can I suggest fighting?” I asked. My voice sounded sarcastic and bored.

“Aish. Lee Sun Yee…” he said coolly, somehow giving me the creeps. There was something with the way he said my name…

“Yah! Say that again.” I said as I suddenly sat up straight and faced him.

“I said you should lighten up a little.” He said, saying the phrase that I didn’t catch because I was too busy with my thoughts.

“What? No, not that. The first one.”

“Uhm, what first one?”

“Aish… Nevermind!” I said. I rolled my eyes and slumped back to leaning my head against the kitchen counter.

“And they say I’m weird.” I heard him mumble.

I rolled my eyes at his comment. I wanted to argue more but it was kinda getting tedious.

I sighed. Sheesh. I wonder when Ji Seun and Changmin will be finished with their report – a.k.a “patching up”? I don’t want to be stuck here in this room with this weirdo.

“Y-yah!” Jaejoong screamed almost to my ear as he took my shoulder and shook me.

“AISH! What is it?” I yelled at him as I sat up straight.

“There…” he said. Jaejoong looked like a scared three year old kid as he pointed to the wall. I looked to where he was pointing and I instantly had goosebumps. There, on the wall, was a spider – a HUGE, black, hairy, creepy, crawling spider.

“Ahhhhhhh!!!” I screamed. I really, REALLY don’t like spiders. I jumped up from my seat and backed away. I took a newspaper, rolled it up and tossed it to Jeajoong who caught it with a puzzled gaze. “Kill it! Kill it!”

“What? Me?” Jaejoong asked incredulously. I then realized that he was just afraid of the spider as I was. “I don’t want to! You kill it!”

He tossed me back the rolled up newspaper which I subconsciously caught.

“I can’t kill that thing. You should! You’re the guy!”

I tossed back the newspaper to him and he started to slowly move closer to where the spider was. He hesitantly tried to swat it but he was so scared that he couldn’t even nudge it.

“Aish! Just get on with it!” I yelled.

“Araso. Araso.” He replied in an exasperated tone.

Jaejoong moved forward, swallowed, and then brought down the newspaper onto the spider. It was actually a wrong move. It didn’t squish the spider; it only swatted it – towards me.

“Aaahhh!!!” I screamed again as the spider landed on my feet. I could feel the prickly, hairy thing squirm. I jumped and kicked it away from me. I then hurriedly ran behind Jaejoong.

“Yah! You didn’t kill it!” I yelled, more out of fear not of anger.

“Yah! Pabo! Can’t you see I’m also scared of it!”

“It doesn’t matter! You’re a guy!”

“So?”

“What? Are you gay or something?”

“No, I’m not!”

“Then kill it!”

“Aigoo.” Jaejoong whined.

Our argument was cut short when we saw the spider coming towards us.

“Ahh!” I yelled again. I don’t know how, why and when but the next thing I knew I was clinging onto Jaejoong as he carried me up bridal style. But I didn’t have time to care about that.

“Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!” I yelled again as I gave him slaps on the shoulder.

“Yah! How can I do that when I’m carrying you?”

“I don’t know! Just do it!”

“Yah yah yah!” Changmin’s voice boomed as he opened the kitchen door. Ji Seun also appeared behind him. “What’s going on –“

“Spider!” I yelled and pointed at the floor.

He looked to where I was pointing. Changmin moved calmly towards it and took it into his hands. He moved to the window, opened it and let the spider out free.

“There, problem solved.” He said as he closed the window.

Changmin turned around and eyed us curiously. He cleared his throat and went near to the kitchen door where Ji Seun was. It was then that I noticed she, too, was looking at us curiously.

I then remembered that Jaejoong was still carrying me and I was clinging onto him like hell. We both looked at each other at the same time. It was only a moment or two later that we were brought back to our senses. I let go of him and he let me down. It was all awkwardness between us after that. We both looked away from each other while we got weird stares from both Ji Seun and Changmin.

 

 

-------;♥

Comments are loved :)