Confrontation

Just Another Cinderella Story

“YAH! GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER!” Changmin yelled angrily, making people at the mall look at him scared as he stormed towards Dong Hae.

Dong Hae eyed him curiously and smirked. “Why? Are you her boyfriend or something?” Dong Hae asked threateningly.

Changmin looked like he was about to say something but stopped. He opened his mouth but closed it again. His gazed dropped slowly down. I looked at Ji Seun and saw she was watching Changmin intently.

“Well, that answers my question.” Dong Hae declared confidently. “Now, if you don’t mind…” Dong Hae started to walk away from Changmin, still holding onto Ji Seun’s shoulders, making her move with him. She was still keeping her gaze on Changmin.

“Yah!” Jaejoong’s voice suddenly interjected. Dong Hae looked at him, his expression was one of amusement.

“We should ask you the same question.” Jaejoong continued as he stood beside Changmin and looked at Dong Hae sternly.

“I beg your pardon?” Dong Hae asked.

“I’ll ask you the same question.” Jaejoong repeated again. “Are YOU her boyfriend?”

Dong Hae looked confused, his smug expression earlier had now disappeared. “Where are you going with this?”

Jaejoong grinned. “You’re not her boyfriend either. Therefore, you have no right to get that close with Ji Seun-sshi, much more force her to be tangled up with you in that kind of hold.” He eyed Dong Hae’s hand on Ji Seun’s shoulder then back at Dong Hae.

“We’re on a date. Is it wrong if I hold her like this?”

“Yes. Especially if Ji Seun isn’t actually comfortable with it but is just too polite to say it to you.” Jaejoong looked at Ji Seun now whose gaze was still at Changmin. He then went back on challenging Dong Hae. “Before you would react, Lee Dong Hae-sshi, I suggest you consider the girl’s feelings first before you take her on a date.”

Dong Hae pursed his lips tightly. He looked at Ji Seun, who now looked down on the stone floor. His face contorted into an expression of anger. Dong Hae removed his arm around her and looked at Jaejoong. The latter had an expression of amusement on. Dong Hae glared at him, looking like he wanted to hit Jaejoong right then and there. Dong Hae bit his lip. I was expecting him to punch Jaejoong at any moment but then Dong Hae cursed loudly and walked away.

“Oh man…” I heard Hyung Joon say to himself. He turned towards me and gave me an apologetic smile. “Sun Yee-sshi, mianheyo. I’m really sorry. I didn’t expect that Dong Hae would cause this much trouble.”

“You don’t have to say sorry to me.” I said, smiling. “I think you need to say it to them.”

Hyung Joon nodded and walked to where the three were.

“Ji Seun-sshi, Changmin-sshi, Jaejoong-sshi… Mianheyo. I think I’m partly responsible for this whole mess… I shouldn’t have let Dong Hae take you here, Ji Seun-sshi.”

Ji Seun looked up and smiled weakly at him. “Kwaenchanna, Hyung Joon-sshi. I’m sure you didn’t—“

“That’s right! It’s your entire fault.” Jaejoong suddenly said, cutting off Ji Seun. Anger was etched on his face again and he glared at Hyung Joon fiercely. “You shouldn’t have done that. You should go to that Dong Hae. Talk some sense to him.”

Hyung Joon went silent. He looked uncertain. After a few moments, he nodded.

“Sun Yee-sshi,” he said weakly, facing me. “I’ll, uh, go after Dong Hae… Thanks for your time… See you at school then.”

After flashing a smile, Hyung Joon started walking.

“Hyung Joon-sshi, w—” I was about to follow him but Jaejoong held out his hand and didn’t let me through.

“Yah! What the hell are you doing? Let me through!” I said at him.

“Why?” he said loudly and angrily.

“Why do I need to tell you the reason why? And I should be asking you that! Why the hell did you make Hyung Joon leave?”

“What the hell are you doing with him? You two are on a date, aren’t you?”

“Why the hell do you need to know? It’s none of your business anyway! But fine! If you want to know then I’ll tell you. Yes, we were on a date. And I WILLINGLY said yes to him when he asked me earlier. How that concerns you, I have no idea but if you have to ask, then, there. You have the answer.” I yelled.

Jaejoong glared angrily at me.

“Ehem…” someone coughed from behind us. Jaejoong and I both turned our heads and saw a security guard raising his eyebrows at us. “Look, if you guys are having a lover’s quarrel then take it outside. You don’t need to shout inside the mall premises and scare the hell out of our unsuspecting shoppers.” The security guard said in a stern tone. I looked around and noticed people WERE staring at us. !

I quickly nodded and apologized to the guard. I took Ji Seun by the arm and dragged her away. I didn’t look back. I was too angry at Jaejoong to care what he and Changmin were doing now. I just walked on rather hurriedly out of the mall.

 

 

 

---------------------------;♥

Comments are loved! :)

btw, I forgot to mention. this was written last year so the movie mentioned in the last chapter was still New Moon. XD