Special: Running Away From Love 1/2 [Changmin/Ji Seun]

Just Another Cinderella Story

Written in Ji Seun's POV. not Sun Yee's :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------;♥

 

“Here.”
 
Changmin handed me a cup of punch and went on to stand beside me.
 
“Thanks,” I mumbled. I took the cup and sipped the punch a little. We were both in the corner of the hall, leaning on the wall and watching people as they danced happily. It was the so-called party-of-the-year after all.
 
“Yah, Ji Seun-ah,” Changmin said to me in an amused tone. “Are you sure you don’t want to dance?”
 
“Me? You’re kidding right? I have two left feet. Besides, it’s sort of like a favor for those innocent people out on the dance floor. Who knows what mayhem and destruction I could do when I’m let loose there.”
 
Changmin chuckled. “Aish. You’re overreacting, you know that? Come on, I know you won’t do too badly,” He took my hand and tried to drag me out of the corner. But I tried my best to stay rooted in place.
 
“Yah! No way!” I said to him in a somewhat panicky voice. “Listen to the song! It’s hip-hop. I can’t move well to something like that.” I whined yet he seemed not to take no for an answer.
 
“Yah! You can dance, you know, but you’re just shy. Just trust me and yourself on this.”
 
With that, Changmin dragged me all the way to the dance floor. I was reluctant yet I couldn’t do anything. I tried to struggle but he was a lot stronger than me.
 
As soon as we arrived in the center, the song stopped and in its place played a slow, mellow-tuned song.
 
“See, your prayers have been heard. They changed the song into something slower.” Changmin said with a grin.
 
I smiled sheepishly. I suddenly grew nervous. I mean, the song that was playing is a love song—a freaking love song that only couples danced to. And I’m gonna dance it with Changmin? Just the thought of it makes me nervous as hell.
 
Wait… What am I thinking? I mean, Changmin’s a friend… just a friend. Only Sun Yee thinks there’s something else between us, and there’s NOT. Gosh, I think her teasing is kinda rubbing off on me.
 
“Yah, Ji Seun-ah?” Changmin placed a hand in front of me and waved it up and down. Aish, I must have spaced out again.
 
“Oh, sorry.” I said awkwardly.
 
“Come on then.”
 
Changmin pulled me gently towards him, his right hand firm on my left hand while his left moved down to my waist. I almost jumped up from his touch. Almost.
 
“Ji Seun-ah, try to relax. You’re not dancing in front of a crowd or anything.” Changmin whispered calmly.
 
“Uhm, yeah…” I nodded, desperately trying but failing a newfound emotion inside of me. I looked up only to find our faces closer than ever before. It was then that I noticed how his skin was much smoother than it looked like from afar... His eyes are even more sparkling… And his smile was even more charming… Is it me or Changmin’s better-looking up close?
 
Omo! What am I thinking? I mentally slapped myself for that thought. I moved my gaze on a girl’s weird pink earring that looks like a butterfly. Oooh! I love butterflies. I just focused my eyes on the butterfly earring and tried not think of anything else, especially not the fact that I can already feel Changmin’s breathing on my neck. Oh no! I can’t focus.
 
We just stayed silent for a couple of moments. I didn’t dare try to utter even one word or even look at him.
 
Changmin was the one leading me. I just let him since I really don’t know how to dance, especially to a song this slow. The dance floor was getting a little crowded now and we accidentally bumped into a few couples. It was then that I felt Changmin pull me even closer. He moved his right hand to my waist so that both of his hands held me there. I unconsciously put both of my arms around his neck. A really wrong and stupid move. I suddenly swallowed in nervousness. I slowly, for an unknown reason, looked up at him. He was looking at me intently with those deep brown eyes of his. I wanted to melt right then and there. I wanted to take my eyes off of him, but I couldn’t. I wanted to remove my arms from his neck, but I couldn’t. I was frozen. Absolutely frozen.
 
Changmin opened his mouth, as if to say something but no words came out. I gave him a puzzled look. His eyes only stayed where they were—right at me. It was like a spotlight directed at me. It made me very nervous yet it somehow gave me a good feeling… And then, I don’t know how it happened, but I just felt a pair of lips pressing against mine. They were soft and sweet. It took me a while before I realized they were Changmin’s. I felt weaker than I had earlier (if that was even possible) and my heart felt like jumping out of my chest. I unknowingly closed my eyes and just savored the feeling of his kiss… The sweet taste of his lips… But then I opened my eyes again. I quickly pulled away and looked at him eye to eye for a moment. Changmin stared at me, bemused. My hand went up to my lips and that was when it all sunk in. After that, I just ran…
 
I bolted up on my bed, sweaty and breathing heavily. I had that dream again. Only, it wasn’t a dream. It was a memory… a memory of my first kiss. I groaned loudly and lied back down. I took a pillow and placed it on top of my face. Why oh why do I have to be reminded of that fateful night? It would be better if it was any other memory but it had to be that freaking night!
 
“Yah, Park Ji Seun!!!” My brother’s smooth voice came from outside my door as he knocked on it three times. “Get up already! We have to go to Sang Hyun’s, remember?”
 
Oh, yeah. I almost forgot about that. I quickly sat up and tossed the covers away from me.
 
“I’m awake. I’ll be down soon, oppa.” I yelled.
 
♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥
 
Seoul Retirement & Nursing Home is a wide two-storey building situated south of the city. Like the name says, it’s a combination of both a retirement home and a nursing home. Most of its residents, if not all, are the elderly—either sick or retired.
 
This is where my cousin, Sang Hyun, works as a nurse. And that is where Yoochun-oppa and I are heading to. Sang Hyun-oppa told us that it was the annual get-together party there for the elders and he needed more people to help. We already went there yesterday to set the place up a little. But now’s the main event, and the more people, the merrier.
 
“Here we are.” Yoochun-oppa said, declaring the obvious as he parked at the side of the building.
 
I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. Yoochun-oppa went to the trunk, unlocked it and got a few boxes out.
 
“Yah! Yoochun-hyung~! Ji Seun-ah!”
 
We both turned around and saw Sang Hyun-oppa approaching us with a wide smile.
 
“Sang Hyun-oppa!” I greeted.
 
“Yo! Sang Hyun-ah, we’re here again.” Yoochun-oppa declared. “You better pay us this time. Our talent fee’s not cheap, you know.”
 
“I know! I know! Don’t worry, I’ll let Sun Kyu-Halmeoni give you a big sloppy kiss as pay later on.”
 
I rolled my eyes as both my brother and my cousin chuckled heartily at their own jokes.
 
“Yah, Ji Seun-ah! It’s early in the morning and you’re frowning already?” Sang Hyun-oppa commented. He must’ve seen my facial expression earlier on.
 
“With a corny cousin and a corny brother, who wouldn’t frown?” I said with a grin.
 
“And the funny one talked.” Yoochun-oppa commented sarcastically.
 
Sang Hyun-oppa chuckled. “Say what you want, Ji Seun-ah. By the way, some students from your school volunteered. I’m sure you know them so you won’t feel too left out much.”
 
I raised an eyebrow. “Uh, who said I was feeling left out?”
 
“Nothing… Just assuming it since you always look like the loner-type or something.”
 
“Nah, dongsaeng just really looks like that. Emo…” Yoochun-oppa butted in.
 
I frowned at him and made a funny face behind his back.
 
Sang Hyun-oppa chuckled. “Okay, okay. We better get going. It’ll start soon. Come on!”
 
He started walking towards the building while Yoochun-oppa and I followed him.
 
♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥
 
The event will officially start in an hour and everyone is just going crazy with the finishing touches. I, with Yoochun-oppa and Sang Hyun-oppa, were assigned to help with the cooking, which I actually liked because I really love cooking.
 
“Aish, I hate cooking!” Yoochun-oppa groaned he got the ingredients for the pasta.
 
“You’re not actually cooking. You’re HELPING with the cooking.” I said.
 
“Same. Same.”
 
“You two siblings couldn’t really live five minutes without fighting, could you?” Sang Hyun-oppa commented with a grin.
 
“You think?”
 
“Yah! Ji Seun-ah,” Yoochun-oppa called. I turned to face him and I saw amusement on his face.
 
“What is it, oh dear brother of mine?”
 
“I think this will be an interesting day for you.” He said with a grin.
 
“Eh? And why is that?”
 
Oppa didn’t need to answer because in the next minute, I heard the kitchen door open.
 
“Aish! You’re not allowed here, you know!” A girl’s voice said. “You loose in the kitchen would mean big trouble!”
 
“Aish! Noona, don’t be so dramatic. I’m not that bad!”
 
I instantly froze as I heard that familiar voice. That familiar sweet and dreamy yet y tone of his voice… Please tell me I’m dreaming. Or at least I’m imagining this… Gosh, this is so not real.
 
And just when I actually believed what I was trying to tell myself, Yoochun-oppa had to ruin it all.
 
“Yo! Changmin-ah!”
 
Omo! Omo! Omo! Changmin’s here!
 
At that moment, I wanted to quickly make a run for it… Or grab Harry’s invisibility cloak and cover myself with it… Or just disappear and not be in the same freaking room with him!!!
 
“Oh, Yoochun-hyung, annyeong~!”
 
I felt my brother nudge me to move. I shot him a glare and reluctantly did so. What I saw made my heart want to literally jump out of my chest. There he was standing in all his good-looking glory… His hair was a little bit messy and flowed freely with the wind blowing. His eyes were like two bright orbs lighting the dark night. His smile was stunning and made any girl (especially me) star-struck. I could swear there was a spotlight shining down on him as if he were on stage.
 
“Ji Seun-ah, annyeong~!”
 
Gosh… The way he utters my name sounds so… Omo! What am I thinking?
 
I quickly looked away from Changmin’s smoldering gaze and just focused on the ceiling. Yes, focus on the cream-colored ceiling that’s way more interesting than the handsome guy standing just meters away from me.
 
“Oh, uhm, annyeong~!” I greeted back as I craned my neck to look more at the very interesting ceiling. My voice was shaky and I was obviously nervous for no apparent reason. Gosh, I swear, I definitely look like an idiot right now.
 
♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥
 
[sTrAwBeRrYLoVeR♥ ]
Omo!!! Oh no, oh no, oh no! He’s here! If I knew he was going here then I never would’ve agreed on helping my cousin. Aishhhh!!! *panicking* T_________________T
 
I read the text again before finally sending it to Sun Yee.  I was about to go back to wrapping up the sandwiches when Sang Hyun-oppa went beside me.
 
“Ah, so that’s the Shim Changmin I’ve been hearing about?” He said with a grin.
 
I kept on a poker face and raised an eyebrow at him. “And what have you heard? If it’s from my oppa then consider it as the influence of my best friend Sun Yee’s thoughts, which is actually far from the truth. We’re just friends, okay. Nothing else.”
 
My jerky cousin chuckled. “Woah. And why are you so defensive about this?”
 
“Eh? I-I’m not!”
 
“Yes you are. And from what I see, there clearly is something between you two.”
 
“You’re just imagining it.”
 
“And you’re just denying it.”
 
“There’s nothing to deny.” I said defiantly.
 
Sang Hyun-oppa seemed unconvinced. “Yeah, right. So, you won’t mind if I call him over here to help us with these sandwiches?”
 
He was about to walk away when I quickly and harshly grabbed his arm and stopped him.
 
“NO! I mean, uhm, no, don’t do that. I’m sure he’s busy. Besides, you can’t trust him with food.”
 
“And my suspicions are confirmed.”
 
“Aish. What are you saying, oppa?” I glared at him.
 
He grinned. “You are absolutely crazy about him that you don’t know how to act around him so you stupidly choose to stay away from him.”
 
Does he really have to be right on that? Aish! But I’ll never admit that out loud, no matter what happens!
 
“Aish, that’s rubbish, oppa!” I shook my head and let go of him.
 
“Aish. Love can really do crazy things.”
 
He then turned around and walked away. I glared at my cousin’s retreating back. Sheesh.
 
I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket. I took it out and saw Sun Yee had replied.
 
[Spider girl Sun Yee XD]
What? Ur hubby’s there? Yayy! *dances a weird victory dance* *throws confetti* Have fun with him there! Though don’t be too rough. Remember to use a , ok? xD
 
What? Hubby? ? What? FREAKING WHAT??? Oh, that annoyingly erted Lee Sun Yee would be in so much trouble when I see her. Or maybe I could just reveal what her name is on my phone and she would surely freak. She hates spiders.
 
[sTrAwBeRrYLoVeR♥ ]
AISH LEE SUN YEE! I swear! I’d so strangle you when I see you! grr. XP
Be warned.
 
I sighed… Gosh. Changmin’s here. I mean, he’s really here. I’m really hoping that I could spend the whole day being far, far, very far away from him.
 
♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥---♥
 
The festivities had begun and, so far, I like it since everyone looks like they’re having fun and, the best part is, Changmin and I are both too busy that we couldn’t even have one second to talk to each other. Not that I’m planning to actually talk to him.
 
“Yah, annoying dongsaeng~!” I heard Yoochun-oppa call me as he sat down on the seat beside me.
 
“What?”
 
“Why aren’t you having fun there?”
 
“I’m quite contented with just watching over here.” I said simply.
 
“Once again, your shyness gets the better of you.” he sighed. “By the way, may I ask you something?”
 
“Even if I said no you’re still gonna ask so ask away my dear brother.”
 
“Why are you avboding Changmin-ah, huh?”
 
“WHAT?” I almost choked on my saliva at his question. “Who said anything about avoiding him? I’m not avoiding him?”
 
“I have witnesses that can say otherwise.”
 
“You’ve been talking to Sun Yee haven’t you?” I raised an eyebrow.
 
“She told me once about it. Besides, from the way you’re acting today—which is weirder than usual—it’s really obvious you’re avoiding him.”
 
I tried to let out a chuckle. “And what makes you say that? I did nothing today of that sort.”
 
“Really?” Oppa asked amusedly. “Then you didn’t try to avoid Changmin earlier when he tried to help you with the salad and you suddenly moved away and said a ridiculous excuse about Sang Hyun asking you to do the dishes? Or when he tried to help you with placing the banners that had fallen and you said he didn’t need to because I (and I didn’t know about this) was already called and was on my way to fix it? Or when he just tried to be in the same room with you and you suddenly walked out for no apparent reason? Or when—”
 
“Okay, stop! Stop!” I said when I finally got irritated. Aish. I really thought those weren’t obvious but I guess I was mistaken. Fine!  There were times that Changmin and I got to talk to each other but then shyness got the best of me. “Ugh! Am I that obvious?”
 
“It depends.” Oppa said plainly. “Obvious that you’re avoiding him or obvious that you have feelings for him? Then it’s yes for the first and, for the second, yes to people who know you very well.”
 
I slumped down on the seat, crossed my arms and frowned. “I hate you, oppa. Why the hell do you have to be always right?” I muttered.
 
“Because I’m just so great.” Oppa said smugly and I just had to roll my eyes. “Look, Ji Seun-ah, be honest with me, why are you avoiding him, huh?”
 
“Why are you asking me this? I’m sure you and Sun Yee already know about it.”
 
“We only have theories.”
 
I sighed and surrendered. “Fine… It’s complicated. Changmin-ah and I… Well, we were friends for quite a while and…” I sighed again. “I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me but… What about our friendship? I mean, aish, it’s really confusing.” I slumped on my seat again and rested my cheek on my palm. “What am I gonna do about it?”
 
“Funny. You don’t want your friendship to be ruined but you already put it in jeopardy just by acting like this, you know that?”
 
“Well, what am I supposed to do? It’s not like I can face him. I’m not that thick.”
 
“You will have to face him sooner or later.” Oppa said in a deep voice that meant he was definitely serious. “And, since he’s already here, I’m guessing that ‘soon’ will be sooner than you want it to be.”
 
I frowned some more. “And I’m desperately wishing it will not.”
 
“Yah! Ji Seun-ah!”
 
Oppa and I both turned to see Sang Hyun-oppa running towards us.
 
“Ji Seun-ah, come!
 
“Where?”
 
“Hae Bin-halmeoni’s looking for you. You know how much she’s fond of you.”
 
“Sure. Sure. Where is she?” I asked as I stood up.
 
“Well, ready yourself.” Sang Hyun-said in a somewhat cautious voice.
 
I heard Yoochun-oppa snicker beside me. “I knew it. The ‘soon’ will be ‘now’.”
 
“She’s actually near the karaoke machine where YOUR friend Changmin is serenading the other old folks.”
 
My mouth fell open. “Oh.”
 
Great. Hae Bin-halmeoni, my most favorite grandmother-like lady here with whom I cannot say no to, wants me to be there with her. Unfortunately for me, ‘there’ where she is happens to be where Changmin is. Oh boy!

 

 

 

-------------------------------;♥

Comments are always loved! :)