Reject

It's you, Lee Donghae

 

Jessica’s POV
 
Changmin and I left Donghae in the limo for a while as we took Heechul and Hyunjoong up to their shared hotel room. Heechul was clinging onto Changmin like a koala saying things which were absolutely irrelevant to my interests. 
 
Hyunjoong on the other hand was so heavy I practically had to drag him until a security guard helped me.
 
We rummaged through their pockets for keys and eventually found it in Heechul’s shoe.
 
When we got inside, we threw them on the bed.
 
I looked at Changmin. “This was really going to be fun, eh?” I sarcastically said.
 
He gave me a smug look and I punched him on his arm.
 
“Well, Heechul seems to have a crush on you… You can stay here and clear up these two while I get a guard to help with me Donghae!” I laughed and ran out. 
 
-
 
It took even more effort to get Donghae up to his room and I pushed him off me and onto his bed. He was still… awake in his own way and I went to get a cup of water.
 
Pouring it down his mouth he seemed to had cleared his mind a little. 
 
“Jessica… don’t liffff Hyunffjoggg.” He mumbled. I poured the rest of the water in his mouth got up to get a tissue. When I got back I gulped as he was wiping the water dripping around his face with his arm.
 
I shook my head and went to wipe his arm that was wet. I sat him up and he finally opened his eyes and he sighed.
 
“Are you sober enough Mr. Drunkyard?” I asked, trying to get him to sit up.
 
“I am sober! Jessica… doesn’t like Hyunjoong…” He said, it was like he was going to cry. “She doesn’t love Siwon… she’s saying it on purpose…”
 
Uh huh, you’re really sober. Unless you’re a mad great actor… which I doubt.
 
“Wait, Donghae – who am I right now?” I asked.
 
“Taeyeon…”
 
I frowned. He thought I was Taeyeon? Thanks for the love, even when you’re drunk you think about her…
 
“Taeyeon… I don’t like you… I never did, I just want Jessica. Let me be…” His tears rapidly fell down. “She doesn’t want me though, she probably likes-“ He paused, “Hyunjoong… she let him hold her hand… sleep on her lap and chose to help him before me… will I ever become her priority?”
 
Now if I knew water would make him speak clearer and think properly I wouldn’t have given it to him. I wiped his tears. He was drunk, no harm can do, right?
 
“Jessica does love you; she’s just not willing to admit it. She doesn’t want to hurt Siwon nor you, you only feel gratitude for Taeye- I mean, me but that’s the same way Jessica feels about Siwon…” The words just came out of my mouth but he was drunk, it was fine.
 
“You liar! Go away!” He pushed me off, “I want Jessica!” His voice became weak. “I just want… Jessica…”
 
Feeling guilty I quickly left the room. What did I do other than hurt him?
 
I saw Hyunjoong in front of me.
 
“Weren’t you dead drunk earlier?”
 
“Bit… beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetter?” He struggled to walk so I held onto his arms to keep him steady but he pushed me against Donghae’s room door. I gulped. Ugh, why was he and Donghae such drinkers that they don’t get drunk for a whole night and pass out till the next day?
 
“Did you forget me?” He asked.
 
So… he wasn’t really sober then. Did I forget him? Did I know him?
 
“Was I that non-existent to you during high school?” He asked again. I tried to push him off but he just pulled away my hands and put them above my head with a grip that actually hurt.
 
I stared at his face to see if I could remember anything and it finally hit me. He was the guy who confessed his “undying” love to me that I made fun of and rejected in front of a lot of people after I split up with Donghae. I mean, it weren’t the whole school but our whole year group.
 
“You… you’re that guy who always covered his face and wore a baseball hat?”
 
He didn’t respond but once again, he closed the distance between us – securing my lips in his before we fell back from the door behind us opening.
 
I landed painfully on my back with Hyunjoong on top of me and Donghae overlooking us both with a seriously, and ridiculously angry expression. He looked ferocious. 
 
Uh oh.
 
---