Day 1. Step 2 & 3. Making beneficial friends.

It's you, Lee Donghae

Don't forget to drop a comment!

--

Donghae’s POV

Damn! If I had known it’d be the new girl I wouldn’t had done that. Yes, I thought it was another chick that constantly followed me around. Goodness does she freak me out.

Neither did I know that I would have guessed that her first words in school included my name. I don’t even know her. I guess I’m just famous.

I looked at the new girl’s food on the floor, and saw some legs coming in my direction.

Sunny.

“You owe me!” She said, poking my chest with her index finger.

“Yes, I know. You shouted that quite loud a few minutes ago in case you forgot.” I smiled.

“Well, I won’t go harsh on you – you can clean up that mess on the floor that the Jessica girl left over.”

“Who’s Jessica?”

“My brother is Jessica.” She said. I stared at her. “I’m joking, I see sarcasm doesn’t work with you – Jessica is the girl you scared off. You know, the new girl… the blonde one…”

“Oh, right. Yeah, whatever you say.”

I looked at the food on my table, “Eh. I’ll do it after I finish eating. My food is more important than the mess you couldn’t bother cleaning up.”

“I said I wasn’t going harsh on you, but telling you to clean up is nothing. Clean up, and I’ll have your precious food.” She smirked.

Oh how I wanted to strangle her, but then Kyuhyun would probably praise me… and then kill me. Hah. I’m not in Class B like them, but I’m still in Class C!

I dragged my feet over to the mess and slowly picked it up, and then threw it in the bin.

If this was her food, then wouldn’t she have had nothing to eat or drink?

I sighed. I walked to the exit for some fresh air.

There she was, walking in – giving me a death glare.

“Sorry about earlier, I thought you were someone else.” I apologised.

She just looked at me. Up and down. Checking me out, I suppose. However, her expression… said nothing.

“Uhmm… I’m Lee Donghae, you were looking for me?” I asked. Well, she was! Was she not? There aren’t that many east seas in the school!

She didn’t stop staring at me.

--

Jessica’s POV

He brought it on himself. I stared at his features. From the tip of his hair at the top, to his ragged plimsolls. Then back up.

Should I take the chance?

“No, you’re not the one I want.”

Jessica Jung! What the hell is wrong with you?! You know damn right he is the one. He should be the one.

“Oh.” He said, slightly disappointed. I think he was disappointed anyway.

“Actually, is there another Donghae in my year?”

“You mean, our year – we’re in the same year. Just different classes – and yes there is, but he’s Kim Donghae. One and only Class C Lee Donghae, that’s me!”

I wanted to punch this guy. It’s better to get a confirmation.

I walked off, slightly nudging him out my way.

I leaned against the wall beside the door and rummaged through my bag. I pulled out my notepad. I turned the page.

‘Step 1: Find Lee Donghae
Step 2: Have a short conversation with him
Step 3: Make friends with his close friends’

I felt someone else’s presence in front of me. I looked up and closed my notepad. He could have seen it, but he wouldn’t understand it. It’s written in English, and from the English lesson earlier – he’s the worse. All he knew as ‘nice weather’.

“What?” I asked.

“I’m Eunhyuk.”

I remember Donghae and a slightly larger boy looking for him in class.

“What do you want?”

“I wanted to be friends, we’ve been in the same class all day and I realised that you didn’t speak to anyone.” He slightly smiled.

He’s pretty cute.

Eh? Snap out of it. Well, looks like step 3 is right on its way.

“Let’s be friends. You have the honour of being first.” I said.

“Oh! I’m definitely honoured!”

Idiot.

He continued. “But you should really smile… you’ve got the same expression all the time. Isn’t your face stiff? You don’t even speak long sentences!”

He’s quite annoying now.

I furrowed my eyebrows. “Mummy said not to speak to strangers.”

It’s best to keep it to a minimum.

“Anyway, I saw you talking to Donghae.” He pulled me from the wall so I put my notepad away. He then put his arms over my shoulder.

I shrugged it off.

“Oh, sorry. Anyway… it seems you like him?” He asked.

Jessica, quick! Think!

“Why you asking? D’you like me?”

He laughed.

What’s wrong with liking me? I’m pretty, I’m nice, and I’ve got a gorgeous smile! Eh, what… he hasn’t even seen anything more than my face and maybe my legs too? Understandable.

“No, I don’t. I was just asking, no need to get defensive.”

I suddenly remembered the next few steps of my mission, might as well skip a few.

I pulled him closer down and whispered in his ear, “I like Donghae. Help me out.”

He gave me the gummiest grin ever, “Alright.”

I took a deep breath; this was going to be so much easier than I originally planned it out to be.