Donghwa and Tiffany

It's you, Lee Donghae

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“Thank you for being there for me, Siwon.” I said as I hugged him. “Thank you so much, I know this is really unfair on you. I’m being cruel and selfish, I really am. I’m sorry you came to love someone like me.” I tightened my grip on him.

 

“I’m sorry that I chose to set Donghae free while trapping you here to suffer with me.” I continued

 

I unwrapped my arms around him and looked at him in the eyes.

 

“I won’t forget you,” I waved my left hand in front of him; “I won’t take this off either. I just wanted you to know that.”

 

I stretched my body, even went onto my tip toes…

 

-

 

Donghae’s POV

 

She unwrapped her arms from him. My shoulders relaxed for some reason. The idiot, me, still loves her watched on. If she came back to me I’d welcome her with open arms and tears. I really would but there would never be a day.

 

She moved up and kissed him on the cheek. She said I should never forgive her if she did something to upset me, but I can’t do it. Even that kiss, I can forgive her.

 

I turned around and saw Taeyeon watching the scene. I walked past her, and she followed me in. She took hold of my swinging arm and slid it down, she held tightly onto my hand.

 

“I’ll wait for you, you know I’ll always be here for you… right? I don’t care if you don’t acknowledge it, just don’t push me away any further.”

 

-

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I kissed him on his cheek and sighed. He let go of his arms, and I made my way to the tables where my friends were sitting at. They were too caught in their conversation to notice what happened with me and Siwon.

 

On my way, I walked past the school entrance and I could hear Donghae and Taeyeon speaking.

 

I paused to listen, to eavesdrop.

 

“How long will you be here for me?” Donghae said coldly.

 

“I will be here forever. I know forever is a long time, but as long as long as you need me – I’m just a phone call away. You can call my name and I’ll be there for you.” Taeyeon said.

 

 That’s what Donghae deserves, he deserves someone like Taeyeon.

 

“I felt like that too with Sunye, but it only took one person - three days - for me to forget the feelings I had for over ten years.” Donghae said, I could feel my heart aching. I was guilty.

 

“But I’m not like you. I know how to strive for love. You don’t. You just whimper on your own expecting help, so I gave you it. All it took was one glance at you and since then I’ve always liked you. From Class F working hard to Class C to be in your class within one year is hard but for you I did it. I’m not going to stop, even so – I still have ten years to wait and see if another guy comes and sweeps me off my feet. Till then, it’s only you – Donghae. Don’t stop me from loving you even if you don’t.” I could hear Taeyeon’s voice getting stronger as she spoke, but my legs only got weaker.

 

Before my tears were going to spill, I ran towards Eunhyuk and the rest.

 

The first time I ran since I got to Seoul was away from Donghae, the second time was also because of Donghae. I don’t want to run anymore.

 

The first time I cried since I got to Seoul was because of Donghae, the second time was also because of him. I don’t want to cry anymore. I need to be strong.

 

I stopped at their table to catch my breath. “Guys, I need to say something.”

 

They looked at me with wide eyes.

 

“I thought you didn’t want to be friends with us!” Sunny squealed as she pulled me in for a hug. I then broke it off.

 

“Uhmm, Jessica – not to be rude but why do you have a ring on your left hand.” Kyuhyun said, while pointing at it.

 

I took a deep breath in. “Can I explain that another day?” There was no other day, I didn’t have the guts. They just nodded without knowing there weren’t one.

 

“Alright, I need to leave soon so don’t interrupt me and listen,” No I didn’t need to leave soon. I had five more days. They nodded again.

 

“OK. Sunny, to begin with you – you’ve always been kind to me in your own ways. Although in the midst of our conversation’s you’d wonder off to complain to Kyuhyun about something he did, I won’t ever forget your adorable smile that lightens the mood... you don’t lack anywhere, maybe except for your temper and height but that’s not the point. Moving on!” I took a deep breath as Sunny’s eyes got slightly teary.

 

“Eunhyuk, you were my first friend here and honestly I can’t thank you enough for being so friendly. I was mean to you at first, I was violent for a new friend… tugging your hair, pulling you and all… I’m sorry. I don’t mean it when I say you can’t dance, you’re a great dancer. You don’t lack anywhere much too, just maybe have some confidence in your gums – they aren’t your complex for damn sakes!”

 

I looked at Seohyun, “I didn’t speak much to you Seohyun but you definitely one of the most beautiful girls I’ve seen-“ Sunny interrupted me in my words “Hey! What about me?”

 

“I said don’t interrupt me, and you’re one of them too.”

 

Sunny smiled ear to ear.

 

I continued, “You’re smart and always helping me out in maths while I help you in English. Just so you know, if you need me for help when it comes to English – call me.”

 

I faced Kyuhyun, “Now you… you definitely annoyed me a lot e but you also left a deep memory like the rest. You’re hilarious, and don’t listen to Sunny’s nonsense… your wittiness isn’t getting worse it’s just that Miss Kwon is improving a heck faster than you, catch up yo! She’s a smart lady, I tell you.”

 

I took a deep breath and breathed out. “To all of you, you are definitely some of the best people I met in my life. Just so you know.”

 

“Why are you doing this, Jessica?” Seohyun asked.

 

“No reason, I just wanted you to know but if you ever want to tell me how you feel about me… save it for next week!” I forced a laugh but they all laughed with me anyway.

 

“I gotta go; I can see Siwon waiting for me.” I put my head down and walked towards him.

 

As I got further, I could see they were still waving and looking at me with confused expressions. I stopped to say, “Remember! Don’t let anyone bring you down. It doesn’t matter what they say – because Jessica Jung says you are all the best. Don’t believe otherwise, unless it’s Sunny! Sunny speaks the truth! HAHAHAHAHA!” I then got into Siwon’s car and his driver drove off.

 

---

 

It was Sunday night and Tiffany was over one hour late. Finally when the door bell rang she came in, soaking wet.

 

“Never heard of an umbrella?” I said, looking at her questionably.

 

“Well, it was warm today – I didn’t expect it to rain at night.” She said, taking off her jacket. I took it from her and hooked it up.

 

“What did you want to say to me then?”

 

“At least let me sit down first, Sica!” She cried out loud and made her way through to the living room. Definitely was still Tiffany Hwang.

 

I sat on the sofa beside hers, the single seat.

 

“Well, I’m not here to exactly speak to you – Kyle wanted to say sorry and told me to pass this to you, he said he’s extremely sorry. I gotta dash man, I really gotta go. I’m late here; I’m late for something important right now as well. Bye Sica!” She hurriedly said and ran out the room. I could hear her unhook her jacket and slam the front door within a minutes.

 

Whoa. What a waste of my time to open the door for her, and sit back down.

 

I opened the envelope, and then yawned. I’ll sleep before I read this.

 

I took it upstairs with me and put it beside my bed then went to bed. I read my text I got from an unknown ID again saying ‘I can’t meet at noon, what about tomorrow night. Something like 8pm outside your school, okay?’ It was probably Donghae’s brother.

 

There, I drifted off.

 

-

 

When I woke up it was already it was already 6pm, Monday. Damn! This is what happens when you play StarCraft for 24 hours on a Saturday and 12 hours on a Sunday without sleeping from Friday. I got on my laptop and checked the weather for the day, it was windy. I went through my neatly packed suitcase to look for something to wear, did my make up, put on my boots and ran out the house at around 7.30pm while taking the time to put the envelope in my bag before leaving.

 

Overall look (excluding the hairstyle): http://apm-korea.com/modn/detail_img/100817_upload/P009_PANTS_01.jpg

 

I hurried off to school on my bike and saw a male figure waiting. I think it was Donghae’s brother.

 

“Excuse me, are you Donghwa-sshi?” I asked.

 

He turned around, “Yeah. You’re Jessica; I can recognise you by your hair colour.” He continued, “Uhmm, should we walk and talk?”

 

I nodded. “So why did you ask me to come out exactly? Me and Donghae have broken up.”

 

“To be honest, I didn’t want to meet up with you but seeing Donghae going on the way he was – I couldn’t stand to watch him. I had to see what girl made him like that.” He said.

 

“Uhm, I’m sorry? What’s he like now, exactly?” I asked, slightly afraid to look at him.

 

“To put it simply, the opposite of what he used to be. He cries in the bathroom hoping no one would hear every week. It’s heartbreaking to watch him go on.”

 

It broke my heart to hear that’s how he was at home, he seemed fine in school. However, I couldn’t soften up now.

 

“How can I help?” Damn Jessica, that’s not the right question to say.

 

“Get back with him, I don’t know. Make him happy.”

 

“That’s unreasonable. I’m not ecstatic over our break up too either.”

 

“Well you’re the one who’s getting engaged, I don’t want you together with Donghae. The best you can do is leave him, as soon as possible.”

 

I stopped walking; it was a quiet area with an empty road.

 

“First you say get back with him, and then you don’t want me back with him?”

 

“I was testing you.”

 

“Whatever, I’m leaving in just over 24 hours. That should be enough to help his heartache.” I said, about to leave to the bus stop.

 

“Wait! You’ve dropped an envelope.” He chased after me and gave me the envelope but I missed it and the wind blew it into the road. We both ran to catch it. We caught it together.

 

“Do you still like Donghae? Tell me the truth please.”

 

He looked me in the eyes, there was no point in lying to him. It was Donghae who I needed to lie to.

 

“I loved him, I still love him. That’s all there is to say to our five day relationship and do you know what, I want the best for him so I’d rather suffer on my own in a different country. Please let him live well, don’t let my sacrifice go to waste, Donghwa-sshi.” I said. I had to get it out, it’s hard cooping it all in.

 

“I thought so.”

 

I ignored him and just opened the envelope and read the letter inside.

 

‘Jessica, you remember when I told you Donghae witnessed your brother’s murder and could have possibly had taken part in it, right?

 

It’s impossible you would have forgot.

 

I lied. He wasn’t at the scene. He’s never seen your brother. You asked me and I randomly said his name and current school because it was something I just saw on the computer screen. I just didn’t believe you would believe me and leave for Korea over it. I’m sorry. I don’t know who witnessed the murder of Yunho hyung.’

 

My hands were shaking in anger, all I could think about right now as how stupid I was for the past month. How stupid everything seemed. How I had hurt so much people in the making. I needed Donghae more than anything right now.

 

“Donghwa-sshi, I take back everything about letting him live well. Let us be together. Everything was just a misunderstanding. I need to see Donghae, now.” I said quickly. He looked at me with sparkly eyes. “I knew you’d see sense.”

 

Without realising that we were still the middle of the road from getting the envelope, a car came and in a flash knocked me and Donghwa metres away from our original position.