Proposal

It's you, Lee Donghae

 

Jessica’s POV
 
“Maybe you should get back to work and I’ll stay here with your boss, what was his name?” Siwon said, still trying to persuade me to leave after half an hour.
 
“Donghae was his name and nd no, I want a break anyway – yesterday was a long day. I’m tireeeeeeeed!” I pouted again.
 
“Exactly! So you can’t take care of him!” He said while trying to push me out the room.
 
“You’re mean! I dedicated a song for you with all my heart, named it all my heart – and yet you force me to leave and work.” I furrowed my eye brows and shook his arms off me.
 
“Alright, Sica… I’m sorry. I’ll leave then.”
 
“Alright, now go! You’re late!”
 
This time, I pushed him out.
 
Finally, some time alone.
 
-
 
I watched Donghae sleeping on me and Siwon’s bed when I thought back what happened an hour ago.
 
Flashback
 
“Just let him stay in our bed” I whined.
 
“But it’s OUR bed!” Siwon said, pouting.
 
“Pouting isn’t going to work, he’s ill and we can’t put him on the sofa because there’s no space – he’s a grown man!”
 
“We can put him on the floor, or on the kitchen table.”
 
I glared at him.
 
“Alright, only because you forced me. When he leaves – you are to clean and disinfect everywhere he touched, and slept.”
 
“What? Why me?”
 
“Because you let him in.” He seemed jealous. Well, that’s Siwon for me. He’s still adorable as ever though.
 
End of flashback.
 
I was caught off guard when I heard Donghae’s phone ringing beside me. I picked it up in case he was to wake up and walked out the room to speak.
 
“Hello?” I said
 
“Who are you? Why isn’t Donghae speaking?” A firm and demanding voice came through.
 
“Uhmm, I’m his personal assistant. He’s sleeping right now.”
 
“Yeah, but where is he sleeping?”
 
“On… my bed?” I said, “Who are you?”
 
“His girlfriend, give me your address and I’ll pick him up.” She hung up.
 
Whoa, girl is fierce! However… girlfriend… oh my gosh. I just said he was on my bed. Jessica, how stupid could you get?
 
I unwillingly sent her my address and walked back into the room to wake up Donghae.
 
She said she’d be here in a while.
 
I walked to the other side of the bed to where Donghae’s face was facing and watched him peacefully sleep.
 
Flashback
 
I got up from the but stop seats when the bus arrived, I was getting on but I had to do something to keep him hanging.
 
“Please wait a moment,” I said to the driver.
 
I got off the bus and got on my tippy toes. I kissed someone on his lips and scurried back to the bus.
 
End of flashback.
 
I groaned and shook my head, harder than usual and clenched my eyes. The scene kept replaying in my head. I needed to see who that guy was.
 
Without realising it, Donghae was already awake. I looked at him, my heart was beating fast.
 
The scene played once more on my mind as I watched him get up while looking at me confused.
 
I could see clearer than ever, that it was Donghae who I kissed.
 
Flashback
 
“Am I pretty?” I asked.
 
An anchovy-looking boy choked on his drink, he frowned at me.
 
“Uhm… yes?” Donghae said.
 
He nodded.
 
I could see Siwon glaring at him.
 
“Jessica, would you go on a date with me?” He asked.
 
“No.” i replied immediately. “I like someone else.” She said sternly.
 
“Do you like him?” Siwon pointed to Donghae.
 
“Yes.”
 
“You go Jessie!” The anchovy-lookalike squealed.
 
I gaped and two girls gaped as well.
 
End of Flashback.
 
“Jessica, earth is calling for you!” Donghae shook me and I snapped out of it.
 
My breathing got heavy. What was that flashback about? Why did I say I liked Donghae and reject Siwon? Who was that anchovy-lookalike, and who were those two girls?
 
“Are you alright?” Donghae asked.
 
I nodded, “What happened?” He asked again.
 
“Nothing… was just thinking of something.” I looked up at his eyes, he looked worried.
 
“Donghae, can I ask you something?”
 
He looked up at me, “Yeah, of course.”
 
“Did I know you before?” I needed an answer.
 
He looked around the room before looking back at me. He was fidgeting with his fingers.
 
“Tell me, now.” I demanded.
 
“No, I didn’t.” He said.
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“I’m sure.”
 
“Are you lying?”
 
“No…”
 
I left the room, leaving him there – I’ll just wait for his girlfriend to pick him up.
 
Did he lie to me? I’m sure that I saw Donghae in the flashback… or am I hallucinating because I’ve been looking at him continuously for almost two weeks? I don’t take liars easily.
 
I grabbed the closest photo frame beside me and sat on the sofa. I looked at the picture of me and Siwon and smiled. 
 
The doorbell was ringing like mad. I ran to the front door and saw Donghae behind me; I opened the door and saw the lady that was with Donghae in COEX on my second day in Seoul.
 
She looked more familiar than that.
 
The flashback I had from earlier… she was one of the girls gaping. It was definitely her!
 
She gaped at me again.
 
“J-j-jessica?” She said, stuttering but Donghae already threw her over his shoulder. Where did he get the strength from?
 
“I’ll leave with her, I don’t know why she’s here – give me my stuff tomorrow please.”
 
With his girlfriend still over his shoulder he ran to the car and put her in gently.
 
I felt a pang on jealousy yet I was confused.
 
-
 
Donghae’s POV
 
“That was definitely Jessica, what was she doing there? Why were you there? How did you guys meet? When did you meet? What happened for the past two and a half weeks, Donghae? What the heck happened?” Taeyeon finished her speech of questions as I parked the car in the underground car park below our house.
 
I sighed, she was bound to know
 
She was getting frustrated as she stared at me, her eyes were b with tears that threatened to fall but knowing her, she wouldn’t let them fall in front of me. She never did.
 
“She’s the new PA.”
 
“That’s not the explanation to everything; she said you were in her bed!” She raised her voice.
 
She never raised her voice this loud before and all it took was Jessica.
 
I explained what happened to her without mentioning why I left in the middle of the show or the conversation me and Jessica had, her holding my hand and her asking me about if I knew her before.
 
“How come she didn’t react much when she saw me?”
 
“She lost her memory 6 years ago in a car accident in her second car accident.” I said before turning off the engine.
 
“You still love her don’t you?” She said, with that she got out the car and ran in the opposite direction of our home. For the first time, I got out and chased after her.
 
-
 
Taeyeon’s POV
 
I didn’t want him to see my tears but he followed me, I stopped and he did too but with a distance behind me.
 
“Leave me alone…” I said, he had no idea how much he just hurt me for the past 7 years. What he put me through, but when I remembered that I loved him it felt alright. This time was no different. I felt stupid, wasting so much time on him only to be rejected in the end.
 
“Taeyeon… don’t be like this. I’m sorry.”
 
I couldn’t speak, and my legs were going to give away any moment.
 
“You’ve been saying that for so many years now, it doesn’t have an affect on me. It’s just a word you say a lot not.” I collapsed down and cried in my knees.
 
He was behind me; I could feel his close presence. 
 
He hugged me from the back. Why did I choose you of all people? Why?
 
“Taeyeon, I’m sorry… look, I don’t love her anymore.” He said. He sounded sincere. I never heard this tone from him before.
 
“Really?”
 
“I’ve never told you that I love you, but if it means you’re going to leave me because you think I don’t. Well, I do. Kim Taeyeon, I want you to know that Lee Donghae loves you.”
 
I lifted my head up and wiped my tears before facing him. I looked him in the eyes. “Are you lying to me?”
 
“I’m not lying.” He leant in and kissed me on my lips passionately. I lightly pushed him off because of the awkward position. He looked at me again.
 
“As unprepared this is. Taeyeon, will you marry me?” He said. I could feel the corner of my lips curl into a smile. I nodded and put my knees on the ground for a more comfortable position and hugged him. He returned the hug.
 
8 years was worth it, because you are worth it Donghae. I just hope you aren’t toying with me.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Ohhhhh, Donghae you bad bad boy. Well, a chapter to celebrate that it's Friday! The worse things happen on Friday's for dramas (well, they Mon-Fri ones... haha). Well... how cheap, could have at least got on his knee and ask her to marry her even if he doesn't have a ring but it was unprepared rofl.