Three questions

It's you, Lee Donghae

Siwon’s POV

This was so out of my plan. I stared up at the school, standing at the gates. I looked at the students walking past me giggling and chatting as they did.

I could see some girls pointing at me shyly, all smiling.

I leaned against the closest wall and started waiting for Jessica.

Luck was obviously on my side this morning; she turned the corner and made her way slowly to the school. It’s hard to miss her blonde hair.

I walked up to her and she noticed my shadow as her head was down. Then she looked up at me, just like I expected. No expression, with a dull face and unreadable eyes.

She pushed me out the way and continued walking.

This was really going to be tough.

“HEY! JESSICA! Wait for us!”

I turned to where the voice was coming from, I could see Jessica turning back to look as well.

“Morning!” He said along with three friends, one who was about his height with a short clean cut, one who was quite tall and pale white and lastly a short girl with long brown hair.

“Morning.” Jessica said. She spoke with them and not me? They must be her friends.

“Come on, let’s hurry up! Miss Kwon is so strict when it comes to getting to school on time.” The girl said while dragging her by her arm. Jessica still had that disinterested face but it lightened up a little bit.

They all left, leaving one guy to walk on his own. The one with a short, clean cut. I decided to approach him.

“Wow, what friends to leave you on your own,” I said.

He looked at me, confused. “Talking to me?”

I nodded. Well obviously. “Oh, nah it’s just that we’re not in the same class. You look new; I don’t think I’ve seen you before.”

“Yeah, it’s my first day today. Do you have any idea where class 2B is?”

“Oh, that’s a few doors from my class. I’ll take you up. My friends who were with me are in your class.” He smiled.

“I forgot to mention my name, its Choi Siwon.” I smiled while taking out a hand for a handshake.

He shook it and replied, “My name’s Lee Donghae.”

--

Kyuhyun’s POV

I made my way over to where Jessica and Seohyun were sitting. There’s nothing wrong with going to my girlfriend.

“Morning!” I said, she said the same.

I looked at Jessica, eyeing for her to leave the table but instead she stared straight back in my eyes. Obviously she was saying no.

The rest of the class didn’t take long to come in to fill the seats up, and Miss Kwon had arrived too.

I didn’t even get to say more than a greeting, gah!

I made my way back to my seat while looking back at Seohyun with a pout of my face that put a smile on hers.

“EVERYONE, PLEASE SETTLE DOWN. Alright, Mr. Jung’s not here to do this so I have to do it.”

The class quietened down but I was still looking at Seohyun.

“Kyuhyun, you might want to turn your head over here. Last time I recalled, I’m standing in the opposite direction you’re staring at.” Miss Kwon said.

I turned around and sighed.

“Anyway, there is another new student! Two in two days, but thankfully – there aren’t anymore for the rest of the year because the class is packed. At least I hope so.”

She walked to the door and opened it for the new student to come in, it was a guy. What another disappointment.

He was quite good looking though, and this is coming from someone straight.

“Please introduce yourself.” Miss Kwon smiled.

“Hello everyone, my name is Choi Siwon. I’m 18 and I look forward to making friends with you all.” He ended it with a cool smile.

This was such a contrast to Jessica’s introduction. Thinking of it still makes me laugh.

“Alright, well you could take the seat next to Sunny for now because Tiffany, who originally sat there, is on an unauthorized holiday for the next month. We’ll sort out your seat when she comes back.”

He took the seat beside her, “But miss, I don’t think it’s normal for me to sit at the front considering I’m so tall – I might block some views at the back.”

Miss Kwon looked at him in awe; he was definitely getting in her good books.

“That’s true, alright then. Seohyun, could you swap seats with Siwon please?”

She just moved my Seohyun to the front which is further away from me, but at least it’s easier for me to look at her now.

--

Jessica’s POV

Ugh, what was this guy doing?

He took the seat beside me and gave me a greasy smile. I raised my eyebrows and looked towards the front and waited for class to begin. One period of English and then triple science, ending off with double P.E.

Lessons began and I was quiet again. It seems this class was really bad at English for class B. The teaching was bad as well.

Towards the end Miss set some homework.

“Next week, the classes will be mixed up so you will be partnered with someone from either class A, C or D. E and F will be paired. You will need to get to know about your partner and write in ENGLISH, a short profile of them. The presentation counts.”

The class groaned, even Siwon did.

I wanted to smile, this would be easy but I just don’t know my partner yet. I don’t even anticipate this, at least it’ll put my mind off my dad though and this definitely tells me I’m not going to be partnered with Siwon.

“Well, the partner list will be finalised tomorrow night and come out on either Thursday or Friday.”

“Miss, we all hate you. No, in fact we hate this school,” said Eunhyuk.

“It’s a mutual feeling.” Miss Kwon said jokingly towards Eunhyuk.

The class went ‘ohhhhhhhhh’. Then the bell went.

We made our way to the science labs and I got there when almost every spot was filled up.

I took the seat at the back beside Eunhyuk, making sure Siwon wouldn’t be able to sit beside me.

He sat in the second row, but he kept look back at me.

“Does he like you or something?” Eunhyuk asked.

“What are you, a netizen that’s off the net?” I said.

He just stared at me.

“You have a hawk eye, that’s all,” I ‘explained’. I looked up at the unfamiliar teacher then looked at Eunhyuk.

“He’s Mr. Shim… keep away from him… wait, you’ll be good at that – but you gotta dye your hair back to normal, man. It’s so eye catchy.” He said.

I raised one eyebrow while looking at his hair, “I think you should shut up.”

He gaped at me.

“Lee Hyukjae, please be quiet.” Mr. Shim said with a strict tone to Eunhyuk, then he looked at me “You too, Jung Sooyeon.”

He called me by my real name; I suppose Hyukjae is Eunhyuk’s real name.

The class looked towards me, “Your name is Sooyeon?”

I took a deep breath and just looked ahead of myself. The class began and it was extremely boring, I was so close to falling asleep. Just so close, but Eunhyuk kept talking to me so it was almost impossible to get a nap.

He suddenly stuffed a note at me after getting his third warning for talking.

I opened it. It said ‘Do you have P.E for last period?’

I picked up my pen, cautiously looking at Mr. Shim who had his back to us and wrote down: ‘Yeah, why?’

Eunhyuk read it and just smiled. What a weirdo. The bell went for break and everyone ran out the room, except me. I don’t run, I’m too cool for that kind of exercise.

--

Donghae’s POV

I stretched my arms out and yawned. “You really don’t want to give me a piggy back?” I asked Sooyoung.

“I’m not doing it.” She said, sternly.

I pulled a puppy dog face, “No.” She said again.

I give up. I dragged my feet to the stairs and made my way down to the canteen, I’m so sleepy. History is so boring, I don’t even…

I see Eunhyuk! “Eunhyuk!” I called for him.

He looked back, and so did some other people.

I jogged towards him. “Ah! Donghae, have you guys properly met?” He pulled the girl from yesterday who was looking for me closer to him.

Are they going out? Whoa, he made his move fast! In one day, wait… less than 24 hours I think.

“We’ve spoken…”

Eunhyuk made an ‘oh’ face.