-__________________________-

It's you, Lee Donghae

 

Jessica’s POV
 
Where the heck was Changmin when I needed him? Now I have to help Donghae and I’m really not in the mood especially when my mum joined us to sleep in the living room, she snores! SHE SNORES! It weren’t until around 5am that we could verify that she was in a deep slumber and could crawl upstairs to sleep in our bed in peace.
 
“JESSICA!” Donghae shouted. I jumped in shock.
 
“What!” I yelled back.
 
“Stop daydreaming, I was calling you for a whole minute! Edit this for me and give it back before Changmin and Taeyeon get back.” He gave me a USB stick and I put it in and opened the single file that was on it.
 
“And when are they getting back?”
 
“In less than 10 minutes?”
 
“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!” I screamed. “THERE IS LIKE, OH MY GOD, 18 PAGES AND ALL IN LESS THAN 10 MINUTES?!” I shouted at him, literally. I might have spat too.
 
“Don’t waste time.”
 
Of course, I abandoned him again so he was being mean. That was perfectly fine, was it? NO! He should put personal feelings aside when it comes to work. I should too.
 
-
 
Taeyeon’s POV
 
After I sent Donghae a text it didn’t take us more than 5 minutes to get back to the office. When we did, Jessica saw us and began typing and scrolling intensely at my computer screen, at my desk.
 
When she stopped she pulled out the USB stick and threw it inside Donghae’s office and fled back to her own desk.
 
That happened way too quickly for my brain to absorb properly.
 
The air in the office became tense and everyone was looking in my direction, but they weren’t looking directly at me or Changmin. We looked back to see our head boss, Mr. Park.
 
I gulped. Great, no one can tell me “it’s okay, you have a whole life ahead of you – you can have more babies in future!”.
 
He had a lady beside him though. She had long straightened brown hair and a side fringe. Relatively pretty, I have to admit.
 
In the midst of silence, we could all hear someone typing away – it was Jessica. Donghae was still in his office unaware of the situation and Jessica? I don’t know what she was thinking.
 
“Changmin, I emailed you last night about the business trip to the Bali, did you read it?” He said.
 
Changmin nodded, “Yes, boss.” He straightened his back.
 
“Everyone, please listen,” He coughed, trying to get Jessica’s attention. Donghae came out his office and walked towards us, and everyone came forward – including Jessica.
 
“This is Tiffany Hwang; she will be replacing Donghae for a week and half. She may stay here longer if she does a good job.”
 
Jessica, who was beside me couldn’t take her eyes off the lady. She was shaking. I held onto her hand to stop her.
 
“What do you mean, replace me?” Donghae asked.
 
“You will be coming on the business trip with me and Changmin. Tiffany, on the other hand will take another position when you return if we take her on.”
 
Donghae nodded but Jessica was still shivering or shaking, whatever she was doing.
 
“Who is Changmin’s assistant?” Mr. Park asked.
 
You’d think he knew who she was since he supposedly chose her to be Donghae’s personal assistant. Actually, till now – I think anyone who is Changmin’s assistant is more personal than Donghae’s considering that Changmin mainly works overseas and Donghae is always in his office with the occasional overseas trips.
 
“She is,” I pointed to Jessica, beside me because she was completely out of it. At least I could snap back to senses.
 
“She’ll be coming along too. Taeyeon, you will be staying here with Tiffany to assist her.”
 
What? Why did Jessica get to go on the trip?
 
“Why don’t I swap with Jessica?” I suggested.
 
“We need someone who knows how the place works extremely well to help Tiffany on her way, and I can only think of you. This is just to give Jessica some more experience anyway.”
 
I wanted to frown, in fact – I could feel it coming on but I couldn’t. Not in front of Mr. Park anyway.
 
Jessica, who finally snapped out of it let go of my hand.
 
“When do we leave?” She asked Changmin when Mr. Park left.
 
“Tomorrow morning.” Changmin answered.
 
-
 
Jessica’s POV
 
“Jessica! It’s been such a long time since we’ve seen each other! How long has it been? Almost 8 years ago, girl!” Tiffany said after she greeted the rest of the staff.
 
I groaned.
 
Just when I thought I could be a hard nutshell she has to come and show up, and then I have to go to Bali! I don’t know when I’ll come back, I don’t know how much time I have to pack and I need to meet Sunny and them tonight. I groaned again and went back to my desk ignoring what Tiffany and Changmin had to say.
 
-
 
After calling Siwon telling him not to pick me up I stared at the text I got with the address on where to meet. I had no idea where it was. I stayed in Paris long enough for me to forget my way around Seoul. I needed to ask someone for help.
 
“Boo!” Jumping off the ground I turned back to see Donghae.
 
“What?”
 
“Why are you so mean to me?”
 
“You were mean to me too.”
 
This was so childish.
 
“Hey, wait – do you know where this place is?” I showed him the text.
 
“That’s where I’m going… We can go together!” There was a hint of excitement in his tone and expression. I nodded and walked towards his car.
 
-
 
On the journey there, we figured we were meeting the same people and ended up seeing Sunny, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk all sat down waiting for us.
 
Taking a spare seat in front of Eunhyuk beside Donghae, I glared at Sunny and Kyuhyun. “You didn’t tell me he would be here.”
 
“’He’, has a name. Thank you.” Donghae sarcastically said. I ignored his comment. Is he bipolar or something?
 
“But you still love us, right?” Sunny said before batting her eyelashes.
 
“Don’t even try; you’re in your 20s now.”
 
She pouted and mumbled, but d’awwwwww. It was so adorable I wanted to punch her! Wait… that sounds mean… but pft, it was true.
 
We had conversations about the most random things and it always ended up with a Cho sibling argument or Eunhyuk making things awkward until I got a text from Changmin.
 
‘From: Changmintheawesomeboss!
 
The trip will be until the 16th, bring some casual clothes to fit Bali’s weather but don’t forget it’s a business trip! Our departure is at 9am, so get to the office at 5am on the dot!’
 
Donghae got the same text. I laughed at Changmin’s ID on my phone, was that why he was meddling with it earlier on today when we were having lunch together?
 
“So when are your weddings, where and time?” Kyuhyun asked.
 
We told them our separate church addresses and times while they diligently wrote them down.
 
“Date?” Sunny asked this time.
 
“June 19th.” We both said. We looked at each other.
 
“But I don’t know what’ll happen at my wedding, but it’s at different times so that’s alright I suppose.” Donghae chuckled.
 
What did he mean?
 
“Hey, Eunhyuk – why are you so silent?” I asked with a smile.
 
“I’m butthurt!”
 
I laughed, “Over what?”
 
“I waited 7 years for a wedding invitation for THE Haesica wedding, was planning on being the best man and this is what happens!”
 
I laughed again. “Are you serious?”
 
He nodded, and then pouted.
 
“Nooooooo! You’re 23 as well, don’t do that please!” I cried “And what the heck is Haesica?”
 
“Donghae and Jessica put together, the genius in me thought of it.” He said while raising his chin up, acting all cocky.
 
“Na ah! I gave the idea of a couple name! I need some credit too!” Sunny said as Eunhyuk punched her arm lightly.
 
“Oh come on, but I gave the idea of using their names for a couple name!” Kyuhyun interrupted.
 
“But without my idea of giving a couple name, your suggestion wouldn’t of had happened!” Sunny replied back.
 
“That’s true, so in the end – Cho sibling’s epicness kicked your again Eunhyuk!”
 
“………………That’s exactly why Seohyun prefers me over you even if you’re her boyfriend!”
 
And the conversation went on… and on… and on.
 
When will they learn to shut up and get along? At least Sunny and Kyuhyun learnt how to become ‘team twins’ as they called themselves that. Their ‘epicness’ brought them together, apparently. It took long enough anyway. 23 years of their life and they were still bickering. I don’t know how long they’ve been ‘bullying’ Eunhyuk, but heck – it definitely looks like they had for the past 7 years at least.
 
---
 
You have no idea how much fun I had writing this chapter! I don't even know why myself, maybe it was the Cho siblings + Eunhyuk! Haha. No cliff hanger for this chapter... just being nice. =D