2010’s Womanizer

It's you, Lee Donghae

 

7 Years Later

Donghae’s POV

I rubbed my eyes and hid under the blanket from the blazing sunshine. It was March, why was it so bright? I looked to my left. I got out of bed and put on my boxers and took my white shirt off the floor. I looked at the time, it was 6am.

I then felt a pair of hands swarming around me.

“Hands off, I’m not single.” I said.

“You weren’t like this yesterday.” She said. I didn’t even know this chick.

“You said it, yesterday. This is today.” I got rid of her hands and got the rest of my clothes on, slipped on my watch and took my briefcase.

-

I made my way to a public bath house and got ready there

-

I got into the office and saw Taeyeon looking at her computer, working.

I walked to her side, “Why are there two coffees when there is only you this morning?” I said as I picked one up with my right hand, threw my briefcase into my office and took Taeyeon’s waist with my left hand.

“You already have it in your hand, it’s yours.” She dryly said.

I smiled back. Placing the coffee carefully down on the table and sat Taeyeon down on my seat. I knelt in front of her.

“I’m sorry,” I said trying to pout.

She ignored me while taking sneak peeks at my unchanging face.

“Change your expression; you use that every two days when you go out to play with girls.” She angrily said.

“I’m ssssooooooorrrryyyyyyyy Taengoo, you know in the end I come back to you anyway.” I batted my eye lashes and she smacked me on the head. I can’t believe I even said that to her, or for a fact – used that as an excuse. Taeyeon was special.

“That’s disgusting, and it’s 9am on the dot right now. Everyone should be coming in, I’m going to leave and go to my desk.” She smiled as I pinched her nose.

Whatever did I do to deserve something so precious like her? I guess I was quite the idiot for three whole years while she was always by my side through my success and failures. As she left, I couldn’t help but think back about Jessica. I think back of when she left my brother to die and I’m glad I have Taeyeon.

“Oh!” Taeyeon popped her head in, “Changmin says that your new personal assistant will arrive in tomorrow afternoon and that the head boss especially chose her for you as she was ‘perfect for the job’.”

“Describe her appearance or his words are invalid, you’re the perfect one.”

She shyly smiled, “I don’t know… he didn’t tell me. Well, get to work – you’re going to be busy today!” She popped her head back out and I sat in my seat.

New personal assistant, hopefully you’re up to par.

---

Jessica’s POV

I took in a long breath of South Korean air. My first time coming to Korea and it’s for a job – a long term one if it works out well. Good pay as well.

“Hey, Siwon – Maybe because I haven’t been here before… or maybe I have but I don’t remember, it doesn’t feel familiar to me.” I asked Siwon as we walked out to find Dr. Kim, well – JaeJoong as he preferred us to call him.

“I don’t think you’ve come to the airport before your accidents, it’s your first since then, oh wait – no it’s not. You came to Seoul from Gimpo airport in early July 2003, this is Incheon. ”

I smiled at him and hooked my arms around his, although I apparently lived in Seoul before, I couldn’t feel the familiarity.

I spotted Jaejoong, “Jaejoong oppa! Over here!” I say joyfully waving my hand in the air trying to catch his attention.

We pushed the trolley of suitcases quicker to get to him.

“You’re finally here! I’ve been lonely since I left you both. Hah. I see you’re both still like peas in a pod, come on lovey-dovey. Let’s get you to your apartments quickly!” He said, he’s such a kid for someone his age.

-

I sat at the back of Jaejoong’s car. Jaejoong began his questioning.

“So how have you and Siwon been?”

“Fiiiiiiiineeeeeee, just that he is such a workaholic – he doesn’t spend a good amount of time with me.” I laughed as Siwon’s eyes bulged out at me from his passenger seat. “Just joking” I said.

“Alright, well – I’m taking you to the apartment that Siwon bought a few weeks ago.”

“Whoa whoa whoa! You bought an apartment? What a waste of money!” I threw a teddy at Siwon.

“Hey! Leave my baby girls toys alone!” Jaejoong said.

“Hahaha! No don’t take us home, I want to see Hana firrrrrst. Pretty please?” I said with my hands together, pouting.

“Alright, if that’s cool with you hyung.” Siwon said.

“Of course it is!”

“Anyway, so how has your memory been coming along, Jess?” Jaejoong asked.

My memory, so here’s what Siwon told me.

In September, 2003 I was involved in a hit and run accident which is why they brought me to LA for medical care. Then in 2004, I had another car accident which I can’t recall because it apparently killed my dad and Siwon’s parents but I survived – in LA. I simply lost my memory. Every bit of it, but I remember the common knowledge I learnt as I grew up, which was lucky.

So I’ve basically lived a 2nd life without knowing my 1st life. Siwon just filled me in on stuff such as me having a boyfriend before the accident, and me going into depression when reaching LA – even wanting to commit suicide on the hospital roof. If that boyfriend was worth it, he would have found me even in LA… but obviously that isn’t the case. It’s alright, I can stand strong for Siwon.

Oh, he’s my boyfriend.

“Nothing’s coming back; hopefully I can find some memories in Seoul!”

-

Siwon’s POV

I don’t know if I want you to get your memory back, it means I’ll lose you… I would have never got her to come back to Seoul in my life in case she remembers and gets depressed like before… and leaves me.

Although she says that she loves me now, there will be a one day where she will know I hid some of the truth from her… and hate me.

---

Donghae’s POV

It was a long and extremely tiring day; I have to get to the pub. I got into my car and drove off to the pub I frequent.

I arrived and got in, looking around I took a seat. “The usual, Kangin.”

Kangin nodded at me and smiled.

I looked at the girls in the dance area, and I could see the girl from this morning coming towards me.

Next thing you know, I didn’t even get a sip of my drink and I was in a hotel room again.

-

I massaged my neck before entering the house. I stretched it left and right and saw Taeyeon coming towards me.

I dropped my briefcase at the door and gave her a kiss on her lips.

“You smell like perfume,” She simply said. She wasn’t happy.

My mum suddenly came running out with a whip. She chased me around with it, whipping me here and there. When Taeyeon stepped in front of me and my mum hit her, she finally stopped.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

She nodded and rubbed her leg, “Are YOU alright?” she asked me instead.

I nodded.

“Lee Donghae! I did not raise you to publicly cheat on your girlfriend like that, you go out every night to do I don’t even want to imagine with random girls you see on the street and forget you even have a girlfriend waiting for you at home. Do I need to lock you in your room with her alone for you to realise? What is wrong with you?”

I felt guilty. She was telling the truth. That’s how I treated Taeyeon, but she never made it out to be something big. For the past 7 years, I’ve never given back what Taeyeon truly deserved. I wasn’t worthy of her.

“I’m sorry.” I tilted my head down, in shame.

“Sorry to who? Sorry to yourself or Taeyeon?” My mum picked up the whip again.

“Taeyeon, I’m sorry.” I put my arms around her waist and pulled her for a bag hug.

“It’s all because of that stupid blonde Jessica girl, first taking my Donghwa away from me and then ruining my Donghae.” My mum muttered.

“Stop mentioning her name!” I shouted, and stormed upstairs. Taeyeon followed me up.

I go into my room and locked the door to get changed.

-

I opened the door to see Taeyeon there. “Don’t get angry at what she said, please…”

I looked at her, “Taeyeon…”

“Don’t say it, you’ve said it too much times already Donghae.”

She took a chair at my desk.

“Why do you like me?” I asked her. “I’m not the Donghae you fell in love with at first time 8 years ago, Taeyeon. I’m not.”

“You still are, whatever you portray on the outside can’t hide from me because I know you inside out. I know what you bury at the bottom of your heart to what’s the first thing you think of when you wake up.” She said, looking at me.

“What’s at the bottom of my heart?”

“Jessica. She’ll always stay there unless you do something about it but I’ll just tell you for what feels like the millionth time – I am here forever like I promised. I’m a phone call away, and if you call my name I will be there for you.”

She was right, bang on the dot but I refuse to believe it. Eight years and she’s never given up on me.

I walked up to her and kissed her on the forehead. “What did I do to deserve someone like you?”

“You did nothing but just got buffer,” Taeyeon laughed at her own joke. “Wanna see?” I teased but she smacked my arm before it got near my button. That’s true, I was a scrawny boy back in high school and now I’m a man.

“We’ll be late.” She said before taking my hand and leading me out the room. “Late for what?” I asked.

“Shopping! You’re not getting off the hook like that so easily.” She said. I could just smile, always the same.

Thank you Taeyeon, never change. I want to tell you face to face that the Jessica I buried in my heart can’t leave, it refuses to. All I do is hate her. She indirectly killed my brother and didn’t get arrested for it. Is she even alive? Where is she…?

-

I was looking around stores in COEX with Taeyeon before we were going to leave for the office while she just dragged me about.

“Is this the kind of shopping you do, Taeyeon?” I asked.

“Yeah, window shopping – it’s cool. You don’t spend any money!” She said.

“You know I have the money for you to shop for the rest of your life, right?” I said. I sincerely meant that.

“Oh really?”

“Yes, really.”

We both walked side by side before we both saw someone familiar. I could recognise those two faces anywhere, anytime. It was Siwon and Jessica. It definitely was.

They were happily chatting with a younger kid in beside Jessica, whereas Jessica and Siwon held hands.

“It can’t be.” Taeyeon said.

“It is, and that looks like their child.” I said.

Without a reason, I became angry. I wanted to throw them both out. Actually, all three of them.

I tightened my grip on Taeyeon.

“Donghae, it hurts.”

“I’m sorry.” I let go immediately. “I’m just going to leave early, you stay down here or something.”

“I’m not going to be here for three weeks, Donghae.”

Huh? What?

“What do you mean?”

“I told you last week, my business trip. Just forget what you just saw…” She said. I forgot about her business trip. She should just be my personal assistant, I don’t like how Changmin looks at her or treats her. She’s mine, not his.

“Alright, just don’t let Changmin touch you. If he does, call me come to wherever you are.” I said, with a smile. She nodded and then left to go to the locker room. Maybe to get her suitcases, I forgot that she had a business trip.

I looked around again. Why was I looking for them? It was probably an illusion or something because of what my mum said this morning.

Jessica wasn’t blonde anymore, she had long brown brunette hair. Wavy, to be detailed.

No wait, what am I saying? Lee Donghae! That was not her and Siwon, and that kid was definitely not theirs but what if it was?

----

D'aww, Jessica's gone through so much accidents <3 Even I pity her, and to make it worse she doesn't remember any of her past memories. Jess forgot Donghae, okay - lemme bawl my eyes out in my own corner!