Chapter 03: Latenight Encounter

A Passionate Lover

Kara had decided to get dressed. She just couldn't sleep. Her mind was filled with thoughts of Sho and what happened that night. She had left her house a few minutes later and began walking down the street. She had gone to the nearby playground. She had sat down on one of the swings and began swinging back and forth. She wasn't paying attention as two figures walked passed the playground. "Sho-kun," Kara whispered softly.

                                                                                        --------------------------------------------------

Sho and Masaki were walking passed the nearby playground. Sho had stopped as he heard his name whispered. His heart had started pounding hard as he went towards the playground.

"What's wrong?" Masaki asked fallowing him.

"I-," Sho paused then said, "Kara-chan." He said as he wrapped his hands around the fence and swallowed.

Masaki looked and saw a young woman sitting on a swing. He smiled at Sho and said in a teasing grin, "she is cute Sho-kun."

Sho felt his eyes flinched as Kara looked towards him, making his heart turn over.

                                                                                         ----------------------------------------------

Kara had looked up at hearing Sho's name. She was thinking, "it couldn't possibly be him. What am I thinking? It's just wishful thinking it's him. There's no way it could-"  But she stopped thinking as a car passed the figures and as their light shined on them. She noticed one of the figures was Sho. "It is him. I don't beleive it." All of a sudden tears were falling out of her eyes.

Sho and Masaki had walked towards her.

"Kara-chan?" Sho asked looking at her, "are you okay?"

Kara nodded her head. She couldn't talk. She felt become tight with emotion. "It's impossible to feel this way so soon. I couldn't have-," Kara thought as she took a deep breath to calm her nerves down. "I'm okay Sho-kun. I just couldn't sleep."

"You too?" Sho asked. "I had come out for some fresh air. Thinking it will help me clear my thoughts."

Kara laid her head against the swing and said, "I see. I came out here for the same reason."

Sho looked at Kara and asked, "did I do something I shouldn't have on our date?"

Kara looked up at him and asked, "what do you mean?"

"I mean I want to know if the whole thing was okay for you."

"Yeah it was." Kara said looking at him.

"Even what I did before I left your house?" Sho asked glancing away from her.

"Yeah. That was okay by me that you did that. It surprised me. But I was really happy that you did that." Kara said smiling and blushing.

Masaki smiled watching Sho and Kara. "He did fall in love with Kara-chan. And Kara-chan is in love with Sho-kun."

All of a sudden a pebble was thrown at Masaki. He looked and saw Jun, Satoshi, and Kazunari by the fence. He got up quietly and walked over to them.

"What's going on?" Jun asked.

"You were right Jun." Masaki said smiling as he looked back at Kara and Sho. "Sho-kun did fall in love with Kara-chan. And I'm guessing by how she's acting. She's fallen for him too."

They had watched the scene unfold before them. Sho had brought Kara up off of the swing and had wiped her eyes dry from the tears that fell from them.               

                                                               ----------------------------------------------------------

"It's okay to cry when you're happy Kara-chan." Sho said smiling as he wiped her eyes dry.

"I've never been this happy before. It almost feels like a dream coming true." Kara said laughing a little.

"You might be happy in knowing I feel the same way." Sho said kissing her forehead. "You are the first woman I've ever felt this way towards. I gotta tell you something about when we first met. Do you remember what I told you?"

"You asked to use my phone because your car had broken down." Kara said looking at him. "Well I had lied about that. My car had never broken down. I had wanted to meet you after our concert. But you had already left with your friend. I was passing by your house by chance when you had returned home that evening."

Kara smiled at him and said, "I see. Hearing you say that makes me even happier."

"Hey Sho-kun!" Jun yelled towards him and Kara. "Does this mean you guys are a couple now?"

"I guess we are if that's alright with Kara-chan." Sho said smiling at her.

Kara nodded her head as she squeezed hs hand.

                                                                      --------------------------------------------

Kara had walked back to her home with Sho and everyone else. When they got there. Kara saw Sakura.

"Why is Sakura-chan here? She never visits me this late unless something had happened." Kara said back as she ran towards Sakura. "Sakura-chan?! What's wrong?"

"Kara. It's Miaka. She was hit by a car walking home. I had just found out about it." Sakura said looking at her.

"What?!" Kara asked. "What hospital was she taken to?"

"Tokyo Central Hospital." Sakura said.

"Let's go." Kara said back.

"Okay." Sakura said walking with Kara towards her car.

Kara had given her house key to Sho. "You guys are welcome to stay at my place. I'll be back soon." She said as she left with Sakura.

Sho had nodded his head as he said, "we'll see you when you come back home then."

"Okay," Kara said as she had left with Sakura.

                                                                       ------------------------------------------------

Kara and Sakura had entered the hospital room Miaka was resting in.

"Miaka?" Kara asked walking up to her. "How are you feeling?" She asked placing her hand over Miaka's as Miaka opened her eyes.

"I'm okay Kara-chan. I'll be out of here by tomorrow. It wasn't serious. I only had a few cuts and scrapes from it." Miaka said smiling at Kara. "You seem to be in a happier mood Kara-chan. Did something happen after work?"

"Well," Kara said as she blushed a deep shade of red. "I had gone out on a date with someone 'special'." Kara said as she tried to find the right word to how she thought of Sho.

"Tell me about it?" Miaka asked.

"Do you remember how I was acting earlier at work?" Kara asked glancing away blushing a little.

"You told me I wouldn't beleive you if you had told me who drove you to work. Then we were talking about Sho Sakurai when Arashi's song 'We Can Make It' came on."

"He was the one who had driven me to work." Kara said looking at her.

"You mean-?" Miaka paused then asked surprised, "it was Sho-kun who had driven you to work?!"

"Yeah." Kara paused then said, "after I was done closing the shop and about to walk home. He had entered the place and asked me to dinner. Then we had gone to the beach afterwards. And then," Kara said smiling. "He kissed me goodnight."

"What kind of kiss?" Miaka asked. "Was it a kiss on the cheek?"

Kara shook her head. "I was the one who kissed him on the cheek. He kissed me on the lips. It was a light kiss. Almost as if a feather had touched them instead of his lips."

"I bet that surprised you." She said smiling.

"Yeah it did. But even more surprising was that I had actually fallen in love with him." Kara paused then said, "he had asked me out."

"I'm glad for you." Miaka said smiling.

"Thanks," Kara said smiling.

"Why don't you go home and rest. I'll be home tomorrow." Miaka said smiling.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then." Kara said smiling at her. She had walked out of Miaka's room and walked back with Sakura to her car. They had driven off a few minutes later.

                                                                     ---------------------------------------------------

Sho and everyone else had waited for Kara to return home.

"What happened Kara-chan? Was Miaka-chan alright?" Sho asked walking up to her.

"She's okay. She told me she'll be out of the hospital tomorrow. She only had a few scrapes on her."

"That's good to know." Kazunari said smiling at her.

"Yeah," Kara said as she thought about what could have caused the accident in the first place. "You guys are welcome to use anything you want."

"Thanks, Kara-chan." Sho said smiling at her.

"Sure," Kara said smiling back as she went towards her room. She had laid down on her bed and began thinking about what could have cause Miaka's accident. All of a sudden there was a knock on her door. "It's opened," Kara said sitting up in her bed. Sho had walked in her room.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm okay. I was just thinking."

"About what?" Sho asked as he sat on the edge of her bed.

"About Miaka's accident." Kara paused then said, "she hardly ever had gotten into any accidents. Even when we were younger. I was thinking it was strange since she's always had great reflexes that she could even get a single bruise on her."

"I see. That does seem strange." Sho said looking at Kara.

"I wonder who had caused it and why?" Kara said as she brought her knee to rest up under her chin. "She told me not to worry over her. Do you think I'm making too much out of it?"

"No." Sho said shaking his head. "Anyone would be worried if their friend or family was hurt unexpectedly like this."

"I still can't help but wonder who did this to her. I'm worried that even though she was okay this time. What if she gets into-" Kara stopped as Sho placed his finger against her lips.

"Didn't Miaka-chan ask you not to worry over her?" Sho asked smiling as he sat closer to her on her bed.

"Yeah. She did." Kara said nodding her head feeling her lips grow warm with Sho's light touch.

"Then you shouldn't worry. She's alright and will be home tomorrow." Sho said smiling at her.

All of a sudden the air seemed to change around them. And neither one moved fearing it would stop what was happening between them.