Chapter 12: The Truth of the Past and a Promise to the Heart

A Passionate Lover

"Oh? It's the little ."

Kara had felt the rage begin to boil over her.

"I see the bastard who had set up for me to be attacked that one time is here. You should be happy to know your son has already done that along with giving me broken ribs." Kara said angrily.

"I don't know what you're talking about kid." The man said. "I'm here to take my son out of where he doesn't belong."

"I'm sorry but, he's being held without bail." The officer said standing beside Kara. "It seems his list keeps getting longer everytime you buy him out."

"Sorry for the trouble. I shall be leaving now." Kara said as she had left the building.

She had walked back to the hospital where Sho was getting checked out from the bullet wound.

                                                                              -----------------------------------------

"Kara!" Sakura and Miaka yelled running towards her.

"How is Sho-kun?" Kara asked ignoring the tone of fear in their voices.

"He's alright." Jun said walking up to her. "But what about you?"

"What is it?" Kara asked.

"You're covered in blood." Masaki said looking at her.

Kara looked and saw her clothes and hands were still covered in blood from dragging Yoshiki back to jail.

"I guess that's to be expected from dragging him back to the jail and covering Sho-kun." Kara said then fainted all of a sudden.

"Kara?!" Satoshi said catching her in his arms.

"Let's get her taken to Sho-kun's room and clean her up." Kazunari said looking at everyone.

"I'll go home and get her a change of clothes. I'll be back soon." Sakura said as she had left the hospital.

"Okay," Jun said nodding his head as everyone had gone to Sho's room.

                                                                         -------------------------------------------

Sho had looked towards the doorway and was about to jump out of his bed even with his injury.

"Kara-chan's alright." Jun said as Masaki and Kazunari placed their hands on his shoulders.

"What happened?" Sho asked.

"She had dragged him to the police station after we had left with you." Masaki said looking at Sho.

"I see," Sho said as Miaka had grabbed a bucket and filled it with warm water. She had grabbed a few rags and towels.

"I shall take care of washing the blood off of her." She said closing the curtain.

Jun and the others nodded their heads in unison.

                                                                           -------------------------------------------

Sakura had come back about twenty minutes later.

"I had brought her a change of clothes. How is she doing?"

"She's okay. She had woken up a while ago. And she's sitting in the chair next to Sho's bed." Masaki said.

"That's good to know." Sakura said as she walked into Sho's room. "Kara-chan. I had brought you a change of clothes."

"Thanks," Kara said getting up out of the chair still wrapped in the blanket.

She grabbed the clothes and had gone into the bathroom closing the door. She came out a few minutes later dressed in the clothes Sakura brought to her.

Kara had seen everyone in the hospital room as she came out of the bathroom.

"I found out how that bastard had gotten out after what he did to our house." Kara said looking at Sho and everyone else.

"How did he get out?" Sho asked looking at Kara.

"His father had bailed him out." Kara paused then said, "I thought this whole battle was over a long time ago. But it seems he wants to keep on fighting this war with me."

"What are you talking about Kara-chan?" Sho asked sitting up in bed.

Kara looked at Miaka and Sakura as she said, "you never knew the truth about my parents deaths. Noone had except for me, that bastard, his son, and a few of his close bodyguards."

"What are you talking about Kara?" Sakura asked walking up to her.

"My parents did die. But before they were killed so maliciously. They were tortured for hours. I was only seven when they died. I had to watch an incident that would scar me. I wish I had the power then to destroy that bastard. But since I was a kid. I could do nothing about what had happened to them."

Kara paused then said as tears fell from her eyes, "I had made a promise to myself that I would never let anyone close to me get hurt. That is why I'm going to return this to you once more." Kara said taking her engaement ring off of her finger.

"Ka-" Sho started to say as Kara cut him off by kissing him.

"Forgive me, Sho-kun. But I can't be with you. Not until I settle this mess. After this is all done. I'll be free to fallow my heart." Kara said as she had gotten up and walked out the door as Sho had called out her name.

Everyone was too shocked to move after hearing what they had just did.

                                                                       ---------------------------------------------

Kara had looked towards Sho's hospital window from the hospital's parking lot.

Tears had stung her eyes as they had fallen out. "Goodbye, Sho-kun. I'm glad I had met you. And that I truely fell in love with you. You have been one of the kindest man I have ever met. I will come back to you when this is over. I hope by then you will still have me, even as a friend if not your wife."

Kara turned around and had begun leaving the hospital.

"Are you going to be leaving your heart behind Kara-chan?" Spoke a voice in front of her.

Kara looked up and said as tears fell from her eyes, "Ichigo."

Ichigo, Masaki, Kazu, and Hizaki stood in front of her.

"I'll come back to him." Kara said looking at Ichigo.

"No you won't Kara!" Ichigo yelled angrily. "If you go after them as you are now. You won't get to see Sakurai-san or any of the others!"

"It's time for you to go back into that hospital room and apologize to him." Masaki said walking towards her with everyone else.

"Masaki. Kazu. Let me go!" Kara yelled at them.

"No," they both said in unison.

They had taken Kara back to Sho's room.

                                                                    --------------------------------------------

Sho and everyone else had looked towards the door.

"Ichigo," Miaka said.

"We brought back something for Sakurai-san." Ichigo said as he moved out of the doorway to show Kara being held by the arms by Masaki and Kazu.

"How-?" Sakura asked.

"We caught her right outside the hospital watching this room with tears falling from her eyes." Ichigo said.

"Thanks for bringing her back." Sho said sitting up in his bed. "I swear if I knew you were this hard-headed."

Kara looked away thinking he wasn't going to forgive her.

"I would have fallen in love with you sooner." He said looking at her with compassion in his eyes.

Kara had felt her heart speed up as tears fell out of her eyes. "Forgive me, Sho-kun. I'm sorry for speaking cruely to you."

"I'll forgive you on one condition." Sho said looking seriously at her.

Kara had felt her heart squeeze tightly in her chest. Almost making it hard for her to breath.

"You give me your heart completely." Sho said looking at her. "Everyone here is worried about you."

Kara looked at Sho and was about to give him her answer as his door opened up.