Chapter 10: At the Hospital

A Passionate Lover

Kara had woken up in a brightly lit room. She had felt a warm hand holding hers. She looked and saw Sho holding it as he had fallen asleep.

Sho had felt her moving and opened his eyes.

"You finally woke up?" Sho asked smiling at her. "I'm glad."

"What-?" Kara started to ask.

"You were Kara." Sho said holding her hand between his.

Kara had tears fall out of her eyes.

"The person who did it is going to pay for hurting you." Sho said as he heard the door opened.

Kara looked and saw Jun, Masaki, Satoshi, and Kazunari.

"We brought gifts." Jun said showing Kara that he and everyone else brought her flowers.

"Thanks," Kara said smiling and wincing still feeling a little sore. She placed her hand against her ribs. It was then she had felt the bandages on her.

"The bastard broke your ribs. If we didn't get there in time. You might have died. The bastard was put in jail on charges." Sho said looking at her.

"He was the one." Kara whispered closing her eyes.

"What do you mean?" Sho asked looking at her.

"The letter."

"He wrote it?" Sho asked looking at her.

Kara nodded her head.

"I see." Sho paused then said smiling, "forget about him. I think this belongs to you." He said as he slipped the ring on her left ring finger.

"But-," Kara asked.

"He's in jail. He won't hurt us anymore." Sho said kissing her. "Why don't you lay down and rest some more. We'll come by later tonight."

Kara nodded her head. She laid down and closed her eyes falling fast asleep.

A few minutes later Sho peeked in and looked at her. He smiled seeing she was asleep.

"She's sleeping now." Sho said looking back at everyone.

"Good. Hopefully she can rest well. But I don't think she'll be able to after what happened." Jun said looking at everyone.

"Now if only we knew where that bastard went." Masaki said angrily.

"I had told her he was arrested. He had fled the scene when we had gotten there. Hopefully he'll stay gone until Kara-chan can come with us." Sho said looking at everyone.

"Yeah," Satoushi said agreeing.

Sho saw Miaka coming down the hallway with Sakura.

"She's resting right now." Sho said back.

"Okay," Miaka said nodding her head.

"Don't let her know what really happened. I had told her he was arrested." Sho paused then said, "after she's out of here. I'm going to be taking her with me."

"I understand." Miaka said back.

                                                          -------------------------------------------------

Miaka and Sakura had walked into Kara's room and saw her sleeping. Miaka looked at Kara with saddness in her eyes as she saw the tears fall from her eyes.

"Kara-chan," Miaka whispered.

"Is she alright?" Sho asked.

"She's crying in her sleep." Miaka said looking at him.

Jun and everyone else had sad expressions on their faces.

"We'll be back in a while." Sho said with a somewhat angered expression.

"Okay," Sakura said, "we'll see you guys later then."

Miaka and Sakura had gone into Kara's room and closed the door as Sho and everyone else had left the hospital.

                                                             -----------------------------------------------

"I see you had gotten what you wanted from the girl. Are you satisfied yet?" Kazuhiko asked looking at his son.

"I won't be satified until I have that little witch begging in front of me." Yoshiki said angrily as he looked at his father.

"And what about the money?"

"I'm working on it!" Yoshiki said angrily.

"You better be. I want the fortune they had left her." Kazuhiko said angrily as Yoshiki had left their house.

                                                                   ------------------------------------------------

Kara had woken up a few hours later and saw Miaka and Sakura sitting in her room by her bed.

"What time is it?" She whispered in a harsh voice. was extremely dry for some reason.

"It's a little after three o'clock." Miaka paused then asked, "how are you feeling?"

"Thirsty and sore." Kara said looking at her.

"I'll get you some juice," Sakura said as she walked out of Kara's room.

"I know who it was that attacked you with his car that night." Kara said looking at Miaka.

"What do you mean? You know who was driving."

"Yeah." Kara paused then said, "it was Yoshiki."

"The same man who had attacked you that time in school?"

Kara nodded her head.

"I see." Miaka said looking at her.

"I wasn't able to escape him this time. He had me cornered. I was about to start fighting him off. But he had threatened to kill Sho-kun." Kara said as tears fell from her eyes. "As he said that. It had felt like all of my strength to fight him had frozen. I wish that I knew what they really wanted from me. Him and his bastard father." Kara paused then said, "they always seem to be working together." Kara said as she started to feel her eyes beginning to drift shut.

"It's alright Kara-chan. He can't hurt you or Sho-kun anymore. Sho-kun had told me the bastard was put in jail." Miaka paused then said bending over and kissed her forehead. "Get some rest."

                                                                       ------------------------------------------------

Sho and everyone arrived at the studio to begin working on their new songs for their upcoming album.

"Sakurai-san?" The manager asked looking at him.

Sho looked towards their manager, "yeah?"

"Come to my office a moment?" He paused then said, "don't worry. You're not in trouble. I just want to talk to you for a few minutes. That's all."

Sho had left with their manager to his office.

"I heard you were engaged."

"Yeah." Sho said a little sadly.

"You sound upset about it?"

"I'm not upset about marrying Kara-chan. I love her." Sho paused then said, "she was attacked by someone yesterday. And now she's in the hospital."

"I see."

"She had broken our engagement off the day she was attacked. She had received a threatening letter."

"'A threatening letter'?"

"The letter had read that the person would harm whoever had gotten close to her. They had specifically wrote what they would do to me." Sho paused then said, "the person was not where we found her. We had taken her to the hospital and came here after she had woken up."

"I see."

"I plan on taking her with me after she's out of the hospital," Sho said.

"Is that going to be okay?" The manager paused then said, "she's not used to being on the road. She don't know how harsh it will be. It might put a strain on your relationship with her."

"I want to be the one who will be there for her. No matter what. I know the other guys would agree with me. They think of her like a sister because of what she did for us."

"What she did for you?" The manager asked.

"She had welcomed us into her home. She had bought the guys their own beds and dressers as well as give them a room to sleep in." Sho paused then said, ""I have never met such a compassionate person as Kara-chan. I'm really glad to be with her."

"I see. I'm glad for you then. I wish you happiness, Sho-kun."

"Thank you," Sho said smiling back. Sho had left the office and went to go and tell the other guys what he and the manager talked about.

                                                                     ---------------------------------------------------

Yoshiki had smiled evily as he had bought some gasoline and matchbooks from a gas station nearby.

"I'm going to be having a bar-b-que over the weekend and wanted to buy everything to prepare for it." he lied to the cashier.

"Have a nice time then. Come again." She said handing him the receit.

"Thank you. I will." Yoshiki said smiling at the cashier as he thought she was such a fool in the back of his mind. Now to get rid of one of her important possesions.