The Unexpected

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When we got out to the parking lot to wait for the van to take us back to the house, Sunyung couldn’t contain her energy. Sunyung was holding Krystal’s hand but she was pulling her in all directions. 

 

“Look a shiny coin!” she said breaking free of Krystal’s grip and running over to where she saw the coin behind a work van in the parking lot.

“Sunyung come back here. You shouldn’t run off like that,” Krystal said catching up to her.

 

As I look over to what is happening I notice that the van they are behind has it’s tail lights on.

 

“Krystal! Watch out!” I yelled running over to them.

 

Krystal suddenly realized that the van had started to back up. Her first instinct was to wrap her arms around Sunyung. I reached the van at the same time and began banging on the side of it to make it stop. The van finally came to a screeching halt when I reached them, and it had stopped about I foot away from them.

 

“Are you guys alright?” I asked concerned.

 

Krystal picked up Sunyung who was on the verge of tears.

 

“I think so,” Krys said dazed.

“It’s ok, you’re both ok,” I said putting my arms around them, while trying to convince myself that they were really ok.

“Are you guys ok?” the driver asked getting out of his van.

“No! Weren’t you looking! You almost hurt my family!” I screamed at him in anger.

“I’m sorry sir. I didn’t see them.”

“I don’t care if you’re sorry!” 

“Am, you’re scaring her,” Krystal said getting my attention. “We don’t want to cause a scene. Look at us we are fine. Calm down,” she said looking at me earnestly. 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to yell at you,” I apologized to the driver.

“Don’t be I would have done the same thing if it was my wife and child.”

“Just be try to be more careful.”

“I will, I’m sorry again. Please forgive me,” he said giving us a bow.

“Krys let’s go, our van is here,” I said putting an arm around her and leading her to the van. 

“Are you guys ok? It all happened so fast?” Victoria asked meeting us half way. 

“We will be fine. I think it’s best if we all get in the van, so we can head back to the house,” I said.

“Ok if you’re sure,” Victoria responded.

 

We all piled in the van and Krystal and I got in the back with Sunyung who’s car seat was next to where Krys was sitting. We both couldn’t take our eyes off of her the whole car ride, afraid that we would look away and she wouldn’t be peacefully sleeping in her car seat. Krystal leaned back against me and took my hand as more reassurance that everything was alright.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter