Maternal Strength

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

11 Hours Later

 

“Ah,” Krystal groaned in pain as I rubbed her back.

 

I was sitting behind her on the hospital bed trying to do anything to relieve her pain. During the hours of labor that she had been through we tried all different positions to make her more comfortable, but none of it was helping. She was progressing so slowly. The last time the doctor checked she was still only eight centimeters dilated. Many of our family had come in the room and tried to help, but found it best to leave us alone. The only one still in the room with us was Jessica.

 

“Krys you can still get the epidural. You’ve been in pain long enough,” I begged her.

“But I’m not convinced it’s safe,” she whispered leaning back against me.

“I had one with Arron. And everything was fine. It’s really a very routine procedure,” Jessica said.

“I’m scared.”

“Seeing you like this is scaring me. You are clearly in a lot of pain, and I don’t know how much longer you will be able to handle it,” I pleaded. “Please Krystal, please have the epidural, I’m begging you,” I said desperate.

“Am, why don’t you take a break. I’ll step in and help with her contractions,” Jessica said coming next to the bed.

“No, I can’t leave.”

“Am she’s right. You need to get something to drink or eat. You haven’t left my side this whole time, and I’m so grateful. But you need to take a moment to relax for both of us,” Krystal told me.

“How can I relax, if you can’t?” I asked.

“I’ll be ok with Jess. Hopefully we are coming down the home stretch,” she said trying to comfort me.

I slowly let Jess take my place. And I reluctantly left the room hearing her start to experience another contraction. 

 

“Daddy, grandpa and I just had ice cream at the cafeteria,” Joey said running up to me.

“Joey not now,” I said softly.

“But daddy I’m tired, when are we leaving?” he asked.

“I said not now!” I yelled at him.

“Daddy...” he whispered beginning to cry.

“Joey, I didn’t mean...” I trailed off reaching towards him.

 

But he stepped back, and then turned and ran towards my dad.

 

“Joey wait,” I called out sadly.

“Hey, he’ll be ok. Come take a walk with me,” Donghae said appearing next to me.

“I didn’t mean to yell.”

“I know. Come on,” he said leading me down the hall.

“I don’t know if I’m more angry or afraid. She won’t take the epidural. She doesn’t have to be in pain, but she still chooses to be. It’s killing me to watch her hurt like that,” I explained.

“I know, but it’s still her choice. It’s her body. I know that there aren’t that many risks with it, but there are still some. As the mother it’s her decision as to what she feels is right for her and the baby. Her maternal instincts are in overdrive right now. That’s what you as the father can’t fully understand. I didn’t understand it the day Jess gave birth either. All you can focus on is her pain, and all she can focus o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter