Thinking of Joey

Hello Baby-Kryber Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

A few days later

 

“You’ve been working in here all day. Why don’t you take a break?” Krystal asked coming into the baby’s room.

“I want to get as much done as possible. I’m worried it won’t be finished in time. It has to be finished,” I said continuing to paint the animal stencils on the walls.

“It looks wonderful. And you will finish in time. We still have almost three months,” she said making me stop. 

“I want it to be perfect,” I sighed.

“It is, and I’m sure that she won’t be voicing her opinions about the state of her room just yet,” she laughed.

“I’ve been thinking about how we are going to tell Joey that he is going to have a sister,” I said rubbing my head.

“Well I think sooner rather than later is better. You know he starts school tomorrow for the first time,” she said a little sad.

“How are you feeling about that?” I asked holding her hands.

“Honestly? Awful. Even though I shouldn’t. It just has already gone by so fast. I can’t believe it.”

“I know. We just have to treasure every moment,” I said hugging her.

“I’m going to be one of those mothers that holds on too tight, aren’t I?”

“There is nothing wrong with holding our child close. But we do still have to allow him to grow and have every opportunity that we could give him. That’s our responsibility.”

“Our little boy is starting kindergarden,” she said trying to smile. 

“He is going to do so well,” I promised. “I have an idea. Stay here while I go get him,” I said suddenly leaving.

 

I minute or two later I walked back in carrying him.

 

“Wow it looks so different,” Joey said looking around the room.

“Yep I’ve been getting it ready for the baby. And I have something that I need your help with,” I said tickling him.

“Daddy! Stop!” he yelled wiggling.

“I just love to hear you laugh. Now what I need you to do is put your hand in this paint,” I said bringing him to the paint can.

“Am, don’t make a mess,” Krystal said unsure.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got tarp on the floor.”

“Are we finger painting?” he asked.

“Not exactly. We are going to put our handprints on the wall.”

“Really? That’s a wonderful idea,” Krystal said happily coming next to us.

“Yep, all three of us. So that there will always be a part of us in the baby’s room. So put your hand in,” I said as he did it. “Now press it right here against the wall,” I told him guiding his hand.

“Is that good?” he asked as we looked at his handprint.

“Perfect. Now mommy,” I smiled as Krystal did the same and put her print next to his.

“Now you,” he said pointing at me.

“Here I go,” I said placing my own on the other side of his small print.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter